GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2004, 06:57   #1 (permalink)

Member: 97721
Thanks Meter: 0
Another WIDCOMM 1.4.2 build 10

Hi, i just both a bluetooth-usb dongle for my cell, out of Ebay, it was pretty cheap !! So i installed it in my laptop that has windows me, and it runs good, then on a friends computer (Xp) and it worked better, but then i tried to installed it on my house computer (Xp) and it dosent recognize the bluetooth, first i remove the licence firewall, but i dont know what more i can do !! I allready read some of the other post, but honestly i dont understand most of the things you guys talk about (computer), so if any one can explaind any "hacks" like if i was 10 years old, i would apreciate it very much !!! Thanks !!
Old 12-16-2004, 13:05   #2 (permalink)

Member: 5350
You will find it on Emule!
Old 12-16-2004, 13:06   #3 (permalink)

Member: 5350
ed2k://|file|Widcomm%20Bluetooth%201.4.2.21+crack.zip|211 17675|32238312536B81AC398308AD89A44F0A|/
Old 12-23-2004, 01:52   #4 (permalink)

????? i dont know what is that !! but ill try to figuri it out !! Thaks
Old 12-23-2004, 09:02   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 8396
Thanks Meter: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by esevega
????? i dont know what is that !! but ill try to figuri it out !! Thaks
@esevega: That is an eDonkey2000 link. You will need to install eDonkey2000 (pls Google for link). After installing eDonkey, you can copy&paste the link and start downloading.

But you can find some valid links in the previous posts within this Sub-Section. Just look around.

I'm wondering what you meant by "it dosent recognize the bluetooth". Is it detected but not recognized? or is it not detected at all? If it's not detected at all, then your USB port might be defective or dirty. However if it is detected, but not recognized, read through the rest of my post.

With regards to your BT dongle, I think your PC needs to detect it first before you can start using it. Importantly, you must have Windows XP Service Pack 2 installed before Windows XP can "autodetect" your device as a BT dongle. Most dongles can be auto-detected and automatically installed and work right away, but not all. You said you made it work at a friend's PC (on Win XP), then I would presume he had SP2 and that Windows XP automatically detected and installed the dongle.

If you are not on Windows XP SP2 (e.g. Windows XP original or SP1), you can still make it work without upgrading to SP2, that is, by the use of a 3rd party BT stack like WIDCOMM. And because you did not mention any CD that came with your dongle, I would presume there is none, and in that case, you will need to get WIDCOMM (either v1.x.x or v3.x.x will do). And since WIDCOMM has a very tight security, and is branded and configured to be used by a specified company that bought its license, most likely it will not work with your device by default, that's why you will need to crack it. After cracking, you should manually install your dongle. An appropriate driver is found in the WIDCOMM install folder, using the btwusb.inf file. If all goes well you will see a (B) icon in the tray (near the PC digital clock). If something has gone wrong, like say you did not crack WIDCOMM properly, you will see a (B) icon instead. After you get it working, just follow the "wizard" and pair your BT devices

No worries about asking newbish questions here We have all been newbies before. And no one has a monopoly of knowledge, so if you're not sure of something, just ask, our members here are always willing to answer, but make sure to search first before asking so as to avoid redundant answering of the same problem that was already discussed.

Happy Holidays
Old 12-24-2004, 15:11   #6 (permalink)

Member: 90036
Headset microphone is not working

I use Widcomm 1.4.2.10 SP5 on Win XP SP2. When I connect to my BT headset I hear good but microphone does not work. I would like to use it with Skype or MS Messenger. Everthing is OK with the headset I'm using it with my phone. What can be the reason?
Old 12-25-2004, 22:59   #7 (permalink)

Thanks Yolly zubrick !!!
The dongle DID came with a cd and i installed it, and the bluetooth icon is blue and red !!! when i click on "start using bluetooth" it says "your bluetooth software license does not include use with this bluetooth divice". When i put the bluetooth in the usb, windows does recognize a "bluetooth device" and then another window opens and it says "problem in the installation of the hardware: bluetooth divice" "Error in the insatalation of the divice, the requiere seccion is not in the INF. " So im stuck here, ive tried to download some of links and tried to change some of the folders, and uninstalled and installed it again and again, any suggestions !!! Thanks !! (sorry about the spelling)
Old 12-25-2004, 23:22   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 8396
Thanks Meter: 2
No need to worry. I think you're in the right track. You just need to install the appropriate WIDCOMM drivers for your dongle. It is usually located in the same directory as your WIDCOMM installer, usually in the same folder with SETUP.EXE. Look for the file btwusb.inf. All you need to do now is to install it manually. Go to Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager. Locate your Bluetooth Device from the list, Right Click, select Update Driver, select Install from list or specific location -> "Don't search I will select the driver to install" -> "Have Disk" and from here you should browse and point to the location of your btwusb.inf in the CD. If all goes well you should now see a white B. Since you are using the WIDCOMM that came with your dongle, there is no need to crack it. Hope it works
Old 12-26-2004, 08:26   #9 (permalink)

ok !! in control panes - device manager, there is no bluetooth !!!! and i tried it on any of the usb devices and it says that the software is not apropiate for my hardware !! any suggestions ?? Thanks