GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 21:16   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1040385
Thanks Meter: 1
Bluetooth Headphones help

I'm not sure this is the place to ask for help but here goes. I have a Dell Studio 1535 (running Vista home) with a Dell Wireless 370 Bluetooth 2.1 Mini-card and I have Plantronics Pulsar 590A Bluetooth stereo headphones. This is my first experience with Bluetooth so I really don't know what the norm is.

I've had this card for several months paired to my Plantronics 590A's and I'm currently using 6.2.0.8500. While it connects right away, on my sound card it plays through Bluetooth hands-free audio which sounds pretty bad. Nowhere in the bluetooth settings does it show Bluetooth Stereo Audio nor does my soundcard show it.

I've upgraded whenever a new driver was posted but months ago when I first installed the card and bought the headphones the original driver (maybe on the cd) actually did show Bluetooth Stereo Audio on my soundcard but when connecting the headphones it didn't always automatically switch to it even though I told it too. When I manually switched it to stereo the audio through the headphones sounded great.

The older drivers were kind of funky though because even they didn't always show Stereo Audio on my soundcard. I've uninstalled and installed the updated drivers as they've come out hoping it would all work eventually but I gave up and haven't used the headphones for awhile.

So when I have the headphones paired should the Bluetooth settings make mention of Stereo Audio anywhere (currently nothing is mentioned)? When paired shouldn't my audio card give me the choice of Bluetooth Hands-free Audio or Bluetooth Stereo Audio (currently doesn't)?
Old 05-28-2009, 22:00   #2 (permalink)

Member: 1040385
Thanks Meter: 1
Well I figured out what was going on the Broadcom drivers (6.1.0.4402) that came with the 370 card included drivers for stereo audio (A2DP) and it appears that some of the later drivers including 6.2.0.8500 do not.

Is there anywhere to find all the Broadcom drivers from 6.1.0.4402 to 6.2.0.8500 so I can see which ones install the stereo drivers?

Last edited by mccoady; 05-28-2009 at 22:06.
The Following User Says Thank You to mccoady For This Useful Post: