GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2004, 14:23   #1 (permalink)

Member: 68072
Thanks Meter: 0
Angry Pairing and connection issues

Hi guys,

I have a Belkin USB dongle (f8t003 v001) now running hacked Widcomm 1.4.2.10 drivers (have also been using original 1.2.2.16 (on Belkin CD) and 1.3.2.7 drivers). I have tried this dongle on various computers running Windows XP, and have done several reinstalls of XP.

Problem is (with ANY of the above drivers): When I try to pair the dongle and any other device (ie: iPAQ 3970 (Win Mobile 2003) , Seimens S55, Sony Ericsson T610), the pairing request DOES NOT APPEAR on the device being paired with. This happens regardless of weather I try to pair from the PC, or from another device to the PC.

After a short while, I recieve a message "Authentication with (device) (address) failed"- ALTHOUGH, devices still show as paired after the procedure, without asking me to confirm the PIN on the other device!!

Similar issues with connecting to services from dongle to other devices: "Connecting to blah blah blah" window appears, then after a while tells me it fails, however, IT STILL connects!!

These erros are very annoying, and seem to prevent things working correctly. Has anyone else experianced these problems? I'm starting to get the feeling that its the dongle its self at fault?

Please help! I'm going MAD!!!

Thankyou
Old 06-06-2004, 16:02   #2 (permalink)

Member: 68072
Thanks Meter: 0
Arrow Update

Ok,

I got so fed up with this thing that I just took it back to the store and had them swap it for the NEW f8t003 v002 in the hope that it might fix things. It shipped with 1.4.2.10 which is a good start.

STILL having pairing issues- now when i try to pair with a device, I enter a PIN on the PC, which prompts me to enter the same PIN on the device I'm pairing with. The dialogue on the Pocket PC I'm pairing with disappears, however the one on the PC remains open, and then asks me to repair after it seems to have timed out.

Also, when connecting to services on devices, I am asked for authorisation on the device which I am requesting the service on, so I grant access- The dialogue on the PC remains open and will not confirm that the service has been connected!!

Completely comfused and going crazy now.