GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2006, 14:19   #1 (permalink)

Member: 364701
Thanks Meter: 1
How to install Widcomm drivers

What you will require:
  1. Widcomm drivers (search the forums and locate the ones of your choice in this guide, I am using version 5.1.0.1100 obtained from: http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=294359)
  2. Widcomm patcher v2 (obtained from: http://allbt.land.ru/Widcomm_patcher_v2.rar)
  3. Optional: Your original bluetooth drivers
Step 1 (Preparation)

First things first, if you have some bluetooth drivers already installed, you should find out who the manufacturer of your device is. This is because Widcomm/Broadcom 'broke' compatibility with other manufacturer's devices from version 5.1.0.1100 onwards. If you are not sure, I would recommend downloading 5.1.0.1100 just to be sure (http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=294359)

Next step is to obviously uninstall your current drivers (if you have any), which can be done from the Add/Remove Programs bit in Control Panel. Also, remove any bluetooth device drivers by using device manager in System (found in Control Panel):
  1. Go to Control Panel, double click on 'System'
  2. Click on 'Hardware' tab, then 'Device Manager'
  3. In there, expand any bluetooth devices and right click and select 'uninstall' (Repeat for all Bluetooth)
Now you may unplug your bluetooth device while we proceed.

Step 2 (Preventing Windows native Bluetooth Stack)

Then, you should remove prevent the Windows native bluetooth working:

Make sure that you have enabled viewing of hidden/system files:
  1. Press Windows key + 'e' key at the same time (Windows Explorer pops up)
  2. Click on Tools (Menubar) > Folder Options... > View (Tab):
  3. Enable 'Show hidden files and folders'
  4. Uncheck 'Hide extensions for known file types'
  5. Uncheck 'Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)' - you might get a warning, click Yes/OK
  6. Click on OK to exit.
Now, go to C:\ Drive, Windows directory, 'inf' folder, in there you will find two files, bth.inf & bth.pnf.

Rename both of these to bth.inf.old & bth.pnf.old (in each case, confirm with the pop up box). (Left click to highlight the file and press F2 to edit the filename)

Now restart your computer.

Step 3 (Getting your USB Bluetooth drivers ready)

The next step is to find out if you have the original drivers for your bluetooth adapter. If you do, get them and on the CD, look for a file called 'btwusb.inf' which contains the information required to install your bluetooth adapter later on. If you get that file, copy it into the Win32 & Win64 folders of the Widcomm drivers folder. It should ask you if you want to overwrite, select yes.

If you don't have your original bluetooth manufacturer drivers and you can't get them off the internet, then here is what I did:

First of all plug in the adapter and let windows discover the device and let windows try to install it, but it will fail. Uncheck the 'Don't ask me next time'.
  1. Go to Control Panel, double click on 'System'
  2. Click on 'Hardware' tab, then 'Device Manager'
  3. In there, locate the Unknown (yellow) hardware device, expand it and double click on it.
  4. Click on the 'Details' tab and in there you should see a line similar to this: USB\VID_13DD&PID_0001\012B4A-5B-0002
The numbers might be different, but what we are interested in are the VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX (XXXX = 4 digit number).

Make a note of them and then in the Widcomm drivers folder, under win32 folder, open the btwusb.inf for editing (prefereably in notepad). Now we will manually add our device.

First things first, in the btwusb.inf file, do a quick search for your VID number (e.g. 13DD) and see if there are already matching entries for your device - make sure that the VID number and PID number are both correct.

If so, then you don't need to edit the file. To search (if you are in notepad, press 'CTRL' (key) + 'f' key at the same time and type in your VID number and click on 'Find Next')

If you haven't located your device, then proceed:

There are three lines to add:

-In [ControlFlags] section:
-Add a line: ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX (change the XXXX with the numbers from your device)

-In [WIDCOMM.NTx86.5.1] section:
-Add a line: %****.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_XXXX&PID_XXXX ; My BT USB Dongle

Where the **** is a string or single word in CAPITALS (e.g. your manufacturer's name ITECH) and the XXXX's are the same numbers as before (VID & PID respectively).

Finally, in [Strings] section:
- Add a line: ****.DeviceDesc="My BT USB Dongle"

Where **** must be the same word used in the previous step (again in CAPITALS) and the bit between the quotes can be anything you like - it will be used to display whatever your BT adapter is called in Device Manager. Try to stick with just spaces and letters.

Now you can save the file and proceed with installation.

Step 4 (Installing the Widcomm drivers)

Now you are ready to install the Widcomm drivers, once again, under the folder, double click on setup.exe and the process should begin. Confirm whenever it pops up with the 'Warning, not digitally signed, continue?' box and mid way through when it says no bluetooth adapters found, just click cancel to proceed anyway. Once it has finished, you must restart the computer in safe mode to patch the bluetooth drivers.

Step 5 (Patching the Widcomm drivers)

Restart your computer and while it's booting up (you can see the black bios screen where it detects your CPU, hard drives, etc), press the F8 key repeatedly, maybe once every half a second, keep doing this and instead of Windows loading up, you will see a list of options. Select the option at the very top 'Safe Mode' and press enter. On entering safe mode, select 'Yes' to continue.

Now locate the Widcomm_patcher_v2.exe program and double click on it. you will see three little dots next to 'BTStackServer.exe', click on those three dots and then navigate to (C: )Local Disk > Program Files > WIDCOMM > Bluetooth Software. In there you will see a file 'BTStackServer.exe'. Double click on it and the file should begin patching. (Select ok to continue)

Next, another file appears, do the same as above, but this time the file is called BTTray.exe. Again, click ok once it's been patched.

The third file to be patched is found in (C: )Local Disk > Windows > System32. It's a .dll file, but it's the same process as the above two steps. The forth step is also in the same location (another .dll file).

Once this is done, you may reboot your computer again.

Step 6 (Installing your Bluetooth USB drivers)

You should notice that you have a 'My Bluetooth Places' Desktop icon as well as a little bluetooth icon in the system tray (that's red). We are nearly there. All we need to do now is to plug in your bluetooth device and Windows should pop up with a 'New hardware found' box. Click on Advanced install and uncheck everything except for 'search this specific folder' (not the exact words), and click on browse. The in the new window, navigate to C: Drive > Program Files > WIDCOMM > Bluetooth Software > bin, then click on OK and it should begin installing your device automatically.

Once that is done, you should notice that your bluetooth icon in the system tray has now turned from red to white. You can double click on the icon and it should pop up with a wizard to guide you through the initial bluetooth setup process. Now you can start using pairing and using your bluetooth devices!

Some FAQs

Q: I can't be arsed to read this whole thing, is there a shorter way?
A: Probably, but this is what I did and it works.

Q: Where can I get the latest Widcomm drivers from?
A: search the forum. (Tip: search for word 'Widcomm' in this bluetooth forum)

Q: I don't have/lost my bluetooth drivers, can I still use this guide?
A: Yes, check second part of step 3

Q: I've done everything, but bluetooth seems to be flaky and I'm having problems with my bluetooth devices.
A: Check who the manufacturer of your bluetooth device is by right clicking on the bluetooth icon in the system tray, select 'Bluetooth Configuration' and then click on the 'Diagnostics' tab. In there, it will tell you the manufacturer of your bluetooth device. If it says 'Cambridge Silicon Radio' (CSR for short), then it's best to stick with the Widcomm drivers versions 5.1.0.1100 or lower. Later versions are known not to work very well with CSR manufactured devices as well as others. Reinstall with another version of the Widcomm drivers.

Q: I can't get into safe mode!
A: Hit the F8 button a bit quick multiple times as your computer is booting up (right from the very second you push the power on button). The menu should appear.

Q: I can only see btwusb, not btwusb.inf?
A: Make sure that 'Hide extensions for known file types' is turned off as per step 2 instructions.

Q: How do you open .inf files for editing in notepad?
A: Right click on the file and select 'Open with...' in the list, scroll down to notepad, left click on it and then set if you want notepad to open .inf files all the time, then select OK. Notepad should open the inf file now.

Q: There is a licence patcher (WidcommLicensePatcher), what does it do and how do I use it?
A: I don't know how to use it, maybe someone can contribute. However, I know that in effect it's supposed to authorise your USB Bluetooth device to use the Widcomm drivers, as outlined in step 5. You can do either or, you do not need to do both to get things to work.
The Following User Says Thank You to kai_ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2006, 04:30   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 102577
Thanks Meter: 4
I must say this is a very VERY well written installation guide BRAVO !

Mods, can you STICKY this ?

Adi
Old 11-06-2006, 00:02   #3 (permalink)

Member: 200066
Thanks Meter: 0
Superb post!

This guide is the best! I finally succeeded upgrading the aging software of my IBM Thinkpad T42 - IBM Integrated Bluetooth III.

Following this guide precisely was the trick. Previously, I have spent many hours with no succes, having to return to the previous Bluetooth II software. This worked out-of-the-box.

A great thank goes out to bbsc for making the Widcomm patcher.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:33   #4 (permalink)

Member: 353901
Will this work with the Logitech usb hub - mx900? I have tried unsuccessfully to install the mouse since reinstalling my system. i would like to use all of the features of my Logitech usb hub and sync my phone etc. but am confused regarding the process and sequence for insalling the logitch setpoint software for the mouse and the widcomm drivers. Is it possible to upgrade widcomm to 5.0.1.xxx and use the logitech software?

Thanks in advance. Pretty clueless esp after reading all of the different posts.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:14   #5 (permalink)

Member: 414857
My goal was to use Lego Mindstorms NXT without the dang USB cord. Mission accomplished! Thanks to these instructions I was able to get it working with an eBay cheapo made-in-china BT2.0EDR dongle using Widcomm 5.1.0.1100, and hacked accordingly.

But I've got to say this, I wish BT was a better executed protocol in the marketplace. I wish Microsoft would have embraced BT and given it a fighting chance.. Oh, well.. hack away.. now I've got a Palm TX sitting here, and a Motorola e815... lets see what we can do with this stuff next ?!

Cheers
Old 06-29-2007, 03:37   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 69987
Thanks Meter: 10
Thanks for spending time doing this tutorial. Very useful.
Regards.
Old 06-29-2007, 17:44   #7 (permalink)

Member: 521912
... Logitech usb hub - mx900
Working with all versions 5.0.1.801, 5.0.1.1100 (Widcomm) and 5.0.1.1400 (Anycom) where all functionalities are available. 5.0.1.2500 and 5.0.1.3300 works except Audio Gateway unavailable.
If you know how to edit btusb.inf so go for it, otherwise use the inf file from xx.801. It's working.
The tricky part is you must have the OLD setpointbt2.2 and replace the Widcomm software with the newer one before continuing of the installation procedure.
Old 06-30-2007, 14:30   #8 (permalink)

Member: 535068
i tried upgrading my Toshiba Satellite A-100 which has CSR internal bluetooth module using Toshiba bluetooth stack..I found out that removing all the default drivers of my bluetooth will turn it off and you can't detect it back when you restart it the since the so could Bluetooth Monitor 3 is required
to turn on/off the power on the Bluetooth module...I reinstall this bluetooth monitor and upgrade it's driver to widcomm and works normally..but i have problem using dial-up networking and i can't use nokia internet connection..I cannot add this service??Has someone experienced it??pls
Old 08-18-2007, 04:35   #9 (permalink)
Teq

Member: 198304
Small update - this installation method is still valid and for many the best choice since the new widcomm stacks (above 1100) including the latest 3600 remove a wide range of compatibility.

Windows Vista users, version 5.1.0.1100 is fully compatible however in order to patch the two system32 files ownership of those files and permissions need to be modified. Do so by invoking following commands in command prompt (cmd run as admin)

takeown /f C:\Windows\System32\BTNeigborhood.dll
cacls C:\Windows\System32\BTNeighboorhood.dll /G username:F

where username is the current windows user name
Old 10-05-2007, 22:50   #10 (permalink)

Member: 601275
i have got a problem i did everything like in this tut. but de patcher doesnt write anything but everything is successfull. im useing windows xp 64bit and here is my bth.inf maybe someone find the mistake. my dongle is a bcm92035dgrom. everytime when i try to install the driver with this inf the manager show me that a mistake has been taken while the installation.

;
; Broadcom Bluetooth USB Device Installation Script
; for 64-Bit Windows
;
; Copyright (c) 2000-2006, Broadcom Corp.
;

[Version]
signature="$WINDOWS NT$"
Class=BTW
ClassGUID={95C7A0A0-3094-11D7-A202-00508B9D7D5A}
Provider=%V_WIDCOMM%
CatalogFile=btwusb.cat
DriverVer=04/12/2006,5.1.0.1100

[ControlFlags]
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2021
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_174B&PID_0003
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_174B&PID_0002
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_413C&PID_8126
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_07B8&PID_B02C
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2111
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2102
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_07B8&PID_B02B
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_2001&PID_F118
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_2001&PID_F117
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_2001&PID_F116
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_2001&PID_F111
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_047D&PID_105E
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_174B&PID_0001
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_3574&PID_21F6
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_3574&PID_21F4
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_13B1&PID_0019
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_044e&PID_3001
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_049F&PID_0027
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_04BF&PID_0309
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_04BF&PID_030A
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_04BF&PID_0310
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0BDB&PID_1002
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0BDB&PID_1000
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_08EA&PID_ABBA
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0A5C&PID_200A
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2009
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2045
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2110
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2100
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2101
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0C10&PID_0000
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0B7A&PID_07D0
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_055D&PID_0BB1
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_413C&PID_8000
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_1668&PID_0441
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0F4D&PID_1000
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0DB0&PID_1967
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0DB0&PID_6970
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0DB0&PID_697A
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0DB0&PID_6855
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_04BF&PID_0319
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_04BF&PID_0317
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_04BF&PID_0318
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_04BF&PID_0320
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_045E&PID_007E
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0400&PID_0807
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0483&PID_5000
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0451&PID_1234
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0451&PID_ffff
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_044e&PID_2014
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0D9A&PID_0001
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_049F&PID_0086
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_046D&PID_C707
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_046D&PID_C708
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_046D&PID_C709
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_046D&PID_C70D
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_1668&PID_2441
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0FD1&PID_0001
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_050D&PID_0083
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_04AD&PID_2501
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0547&PID_0001
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0471&PID_0809
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_11D9&PID_2600
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_413C&PID_8501
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_413C&PID_8110
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_05B1&PID_1389
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_03F0&PID_011D
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_03F0&PID_0624
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_03F0&PID_171D
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_03F0&PID_D104
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_1131&PID_1001
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_1310&PID_0001
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_1310&PID_0002
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0BF8&PID_1003
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_4851&PID_1103
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_1668&PID_0500
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0C24&PID_0001
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_04E8&PID_7021
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_148D&PID_2430
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_413C&PID_8103
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0C24&PID_0002
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0A5C&PID_201E
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2020
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_2001&PID_F111
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_041E&PID_5015
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_047D&PID_105D
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0D62&PID_2026
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_22B8&PID_0850

[SourceDisksNames]
1 = %Source_Description%,,,

[SourceDisksFiles]
btwusb.sys = 1
frmupgr.sys = 1
btw_ci.dll = 1

[ClassInstall32]
AddReg=BTW.NT.AddReg
CopyFiles=BTW.NT.CopyFiles

[BTW.NT.AddReg]
HKR,,,0,%BTWClassName%
HKR,,Icon,,100
HKR,,Installer32,,"btw_ci.dll,BTWClassInstaller"

[BTW.NT.CopyFiles]
btw_ci.dll

[Manufacturer]
%V_WIDCOMM%=WIDCOMM, NTamd64

[WIDCOMM.NTamd64]
%bcm92035dgrom.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2021 ; My BT USB Dongle
%BARCODA.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_174B&PID_0003
%BARCODA.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_174B&PID_0002
%DellFangorn.DeviceDesc%=BRSMARTUSB, USB\VID_413C&PID_8126
%ABOCOM.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_07B8&PID_B02C
%BRCMANYCOMUHE.DeviceDesc%=BRSMARTUSB, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2111
%BRCMANYCOM.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2102
%ABOCOM.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_07B8&PID_B02B

%FORMOSA4.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_2001&PID_F118
%FORMOSA3.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_2001&PID_F117
%FORMOSA2.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_2001&PID_F116
%FORMOSA1.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_2001&PID_F111
%KENSINGTONEDR.DeviceDesc%=BRSMARTUSB, USB\VID_047D&PID_105E
%BARCODA.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_174B&PID_0001
%SITECOM.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_3574&PID_21F6
%SITECOM.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_3574&PID_21F4
%LINKSYS.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_13B1&PID_0019
%ALPS.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_044e&PID_3001 ; ALPS based VID&PID
%COMPAQ.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_049F&PID_0027 ; COMPAQ CSR based VID&PID
%IBM.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_04BF&PID_030A ; IBM CSR based VID&PID
%TDK.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_04BF&PID_0309 ; TDK CSR based VID&PID
%IBMBDC.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_04BF&PID_0310 ; IBM BDC CSR based VID&PID
%TDK.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_04BF&PID_0319 ; TDK USB ADAPTER
%TDK.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_04BF&PID_0320 ; TDK CSR BC2 based VID&PID
%IBM.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_04BF&PID_0317 ; ULTRAPORT
%IBMBDC.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_04BF&PID_0318 ; BDC
%ERICMN.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0BDB&PID_1000 ; Ericsson Business Mobile Networks BV VID&PID
%ERICMP.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0BDB&PID_1002 ; Ericsson Multipoint VID&PID
%CSR.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001 ; CSR VID&PID
%bcm92035dgrom.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2021 ; My BT USB Dongle
%ERICSSONUSB.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_08EA&PID_ABBA ; Ericsson VID&PID
%BROADCOM.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_200A ; Broadcom VID&PID
%BROADCOM.DeviceDesc%=BRSMARTUSB, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2009 ; Broadcom VID&PID Smart dongle
%BROADIBM.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_201E ; Broadcom-IBM VID&PID Smart dongle
%BROADCOM.DeviceDesc%=BRSMARTUSB, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2020 ; Broadcom VID&PID Unified UHE
%BROADCOM.DeviceDesc%=BRSMARTUSB, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2045 ; Broadcom 2045 VID&PID
%BROADIBMEDR.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2110 ; Broadcom IBM VID&PID
%BRCM2045UHE.DeviceDesc%=BRSMARTUSB, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2100 ; Broadcom 2045 VID&PID, UHE
%BRCM2045.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_0A5C&PID_2101 ; Broadcom 2045 VID&PID, non UHE
%SAMSUNG.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_055D&PID_0BB1 ; SAMSUNG BC02 external
%SIWAVE.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0C10&PID_0000 ; Silicon Wave VID&PID
%SIWAVE.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_05B1&PID_1389 ; Silicon Wave VID&PID
%ZEEVO.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0B7A&PID_07D0 ; Zeevo VID&PID
%DELL.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_413C&PID_8000 ; Dell BC02 VID&PID
%IBMBM.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_1668&PID_0441 ; IBM integrated BT Modem VID&PID
%IBMBM3.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_1668&PID_2441 ; IBM Integrated Bluetooth III VID&PID
%MICROTUNE.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0F4D&PID_1000 ; Microtune USB Bluetooth Device VID&PID
%MSI.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0DB0&PID_1967 ; MSI USB Device VID&PID
%MSI.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0DB0&PID_6970 ; MSI USB Device VID&PID
%MSI.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0DB0&PID_697A ; MSI USB Device VID&PID
%MSI.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0DB0&PID_6855 ; MSI USB Device VID&PID
%MSFT.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_045E&PID_007E ; Microsoft
%NSCEVAL.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0400&PID_0807 ; National Semi Bluetooth board
%STM.DeviceDesc%=WDSMARTUSB, USB\VID_0483&PID_5000 ; STM VID&PID
%TI.DeviceDesc%=WDSMARTUSB, USB\VID_0451&PID_1234 ; TI VID&PID
%TI.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0451&PID_ffff ; TI VID&PID
%SONY.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_044e&PID_2014 ; SONY VID&PID
%FORMOSA.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0D9A&PID_0001 ; FORMOSA VID&PID
%FORMOSA.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_4851&PID_1103 ; FORMOSA VID&PID
%BLUETHUMB.DeviceDesc%=SUSP1USB, USB\VID_049F&PID_0086 ; BLUETHUMB USB Device VID&PID
%LOGITECH.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_046D&PID_C707 ; LOGITECH VID&PID
%LOGITECH.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_046D&PID_C708 ; LOGITECH VID&PID
%LOGITECH.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_046D&PID_C709 ; LOGITECH VID&PID
%LOGITECH.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_046D&PID_C70D ; LOGITECH VID&PID
%GIANT.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0FD1&PID_0001 ; Giant VID&PID
%BELKIN.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_050D&PID_0083
%PANASONIC.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_04AD&PID_2501 ; Panasoic VId&PID
%ICSI.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0547&PID_0001 ; ICSI USB Device VID&PID
%PHILIPS.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0471&PID_0809 ; Philips BluePearl VID&PID
%ITRONIX.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_11D9&PID_2600 ; Itronix Bluetooth Device VId&PID
%DELLELWOOD.DeviceDesc%=BRSMARTUSB, USB\VID_413C&PID_8501 ; Dell Elwood VId&PID
%BROADCOMHP.DeviceDesc%=SUSP1USB, USB\VID_03F0&PID_011D ; BROADCOM VId&PID for Hp
%BROADCOM2045HP.DeviceDesc%=SUSP1USB, USB\VID_03F0&PID_171D ; BROADCOM VId&PID for Hp
%BRCMHPPRINT.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_03F0&PID_D104 ; BROADCOM VId&PID for Hp
%BCHPTransceiver.DeviceDesc%=BRSMARTUSB, USB\VID_03F0&PID_0624 ; BROADCOM VId&PID for Hp
%ISSC.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_1131&PID_1001 ; ISSC USB Device Vid&PID
%AIR2U.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_1310&PID_0001 ; Air2U Device Vid&Pid
%AIR2UBRCM.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_1310&PID_0002 ; Air2U(BCM) Device Vid&Pid
%FCS.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0BF8&PID_1003 ; Fujitsu Siemens Vid&Pid
%ACTIONTEC.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_1668&PID_0500 ; Actiontec USB Bluetooth Device BTM200
%TAIYOYUDEN.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0C24&PID_0001 ; TAIYO YUDEN USB Device VID&PID
%TAIYOYUDEN2.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0C24&PID_0002 ; TAIYO YUDEN USB Device VID&PID
%SAMSUNGTY.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_04E8&PID_7021 ; Samsung TY USB Device VID&PID
%MICROLINK.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_148D&PID_2430 ; MICROLINK USB Device VID&PID
%DELLU2.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_413C&PID_8103 ; DELL\CSR's U2 module VID&PID
%DELLPHISH.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_413C&PID_8110 ; DELL PHISH module VID&PID
%TECOM.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_041E&PID_5015 ; TECOM USB PID&VID
%KENSINGTON.DeviceDesc%=BRSMARTUSB, USB\VID_047D&PID_105D ; Kensington USB PID&VID
%TECOM.DeviceDesc%=BRSMARTUSB, USB\VID_0D62&PID_2026 ; TECOM Darfon USB PID&VID
%BRCMMOTO.DeviceDesc%=SUSPENDUSB, USB\VID_22B8&PID_0850

;
; Special sections for the Broadcom dongle and others
; with both selective suspend & remote wakeup disabled
;
[BROADUSB.hw.reg]
HKR,,"RemoteWakeupDisabled",0x10001,1
HKR,,"IdleSuspendEnabled",0x10001,0

[BROADUSB.NTamd64.hw]
AddReg=BROADUSB.hw.reg

[BROADUSB.NTamd64]
AddReg=BTWUSB.reg
CopyFiles=BTWUSB.CopyFiles.NT, BTWUSB.inf.CopyFiles

[BROADUSB.NTamd64.Services]
Addservice = BTWUSB, 0x00000002, BTWUSB.AddService

;
; Special sections for Widcomm Smart Dongle
;
[WDSMARTUSB.hw.reg]
HKR,,"SmartDongleType",0x10001,1
HKR,,"IdleSuspendEnabled",0x10001,1

[WDSMARTUSB.NTamd64.hw]
AddReg=WDSMARTUSB.hw.reg

[WDSMARTUSB.NTamd64]
AddReg=BTWUSB.reg

[WDSMARTUSB.NTamd64.Services]

;
; Special sections for Broadcom Smart Dongle
;
[BRSMARTUSB.hw.reg]
HKR,,"SmartDongleType",0x10001,2
HKR,,"RemoteWakeupDisabled",0x10001,0

[BRSMARTUSB.NTamd64.hw]
AddReg=BRSMARTUSB.hw.reg

[BRSMARTUSB.NTamd64]
AddReg=BTWUSB.reg

[BRSMARTUSB.NTamd64.Services]

;
; Special sections for the Dell and other
; "selectively suspendable" dongles
;
[SUSPENDUSB.hw.reg]
HKR,,"RemoteWakeupDisabled",0x10001,0

[SUSPENDUSB.NTamd64.hw]
AddReg=SUSPENDUSB.hw.reg

[SUSPENDUSB.NTamd64]
AddReg=BTWUSB.reg

[SUSPENDUSB.NTamd64.Services]

;
; Special sections for "selectively suspendable"
; dongles not supporting remote wakeup when the
; whole machine is suspended
;
[SUSP1USB.hw.reg]
HKR,,"RemoteWakeupInSuspendDisabled",0x10001,1

[SUSP1USB.NTamd64.hw]
AddReg=SUSP1USB.hw.reg

[SUSP1USB.NTamd64]
AddReg=BTWUSB.reg

[SUSP1USB.NTamd64.Services]

;
; Standard sections
;
[BTWUSB.hw.reg]
HKR,,"IdleSuspendEnabled",0x10001,0

[BTWUSB.NTamd64.hw]
AddReg=BTWUSB.hw.reg

[BTWUSB.NTamd64]
AddReg=BTWUSB.reg

[BTWUSB.NTamd64.Services]

[BTWUSB.AddService]
DisplayName = %BTWUSB.SvcDesc%
ServiceType = 1 ; SERVICE_KERNEL_DRIVER
StartType = 3 ; SERVICE_DEMAND_START
ErrorControl = 1 ; SERVICE_ERROR_NORMAL
ServiceBinary = %10%\System32\Drivers\btwusb.sys
LoadOrderGroup = Base

[BTWUSB.reg]
HKR,,DevLoader,,"*ntkern"
HKR,,NTMPDriver,,btwusb.sys

[BTWUSB.CopyFiles.NT]
btwusb.sys

[BTWUSB.inf.CopyFiles]
;btwusb.inf

[DestinationDirs]
DefaultDestDir =11
BTWUSB.CopyFiles.NT =12
BTWUSB.inf.CopyFiles =10,INF
BTW.NT.CopyFiles =11

[strings]
bcm92035dgrom.DeviceDesc="My BT USB Dongle"
DellFangorn.DeviceDesc="Dell Wireless 355 Module with Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Technology"
BRCMANYCOMUHE.DeviceDesc="ANYCOM Blue USB-UHE 200/250"
BRCMANYCOM.DeviceDesc="ANYCOM Blue USB-200/250"
ABOCOM.DeviceDesc="BCM92045DG-Flash"
FORMOSA4.DeviceDesc="Formosa 4"
FORMOSA3.DeviceDesc="Formosa 3"
FORMOSA2.DeviceDesc="Formosa 2"
FORMOSA1.DeviceDesc="Formosa 1"
KENSINGTONEDR.DeviceDesc="Kensington Bluetooth EDR Dongle"
BARCODA.DeviceDesc="Bluetooth COM One Device"
SITECOM.DeviceDesc="Sitecom USB Bluetooth Dongle"
LINKSYS.DeviceDesc="Linksys Bluetooth USB Adapter"
V_WIDCOMM="Broadcom"
BTWClassName="Bluetooth Devices"
Source_Description="WIDCOMM Installation Media"
ERICSSONUSB.DeviceDesc= "Ericsson USB Bluetooth Device"
CSR.DeviceDesc= "CSR USB Bluetooth Device"
BROADCOM.DeviceDesc= "Broadcom USB Bluetooth Device"
BTWUSB.SvcDesc= "WIDCOMM USB Bluetooth Driver"
ERICMN.DeviceDesc= " Ericsson BV USB Bluetooth Device"
ERICMP.DeviceDesc= "Ericsson USB Bluetooth Device 1.2"
IBM.DeviceDesc= " Bluetooth Ultraport Module from IBM"
TDK.DeviceDesc= "TDK Bluetooth USB Adaptor"
IBMBDC.DeviceDesc= "IBM Integrated Bluetooth"
COMPAQ.DeviceDesc= "Bluetooth Multiport Module by Compaq"
ALPS.DeviceDesc= "Alps Bluetooth Device"
ZEEVO.DeviceDesc= "Zeevo Bluetooth Device"
SIWAVE.DeviceDesc= "Silicon Wave Bluetooth Device"
SAMSUNG.DeviceDesc="Samsung Bluetooth Device"
DELL.DeviceDesc="Dell TrueMobile Bluetooth Module"
DELLU2.DeviceDesc="Dell Wireless 350 Bluetooth Internal Card"
IBMBM.DeviceDesc="IBM Integrated Bluetooth II"
IBMBM3.DeviceDesc="IBM Integrated Bluetooth III"
MICROTUNE.DeviceDesc="Microtune USB Bluetooth Device"
MSI.DeviceDesc="MSI USB Bluetooth Device"
MSFT.DeviceDesc="Microsoft Bluetooth Device"
NSCEVAL.DeviceDesc="National Semiconductor Bluetooth Board"
STM.DeviceDesc="STMicroeletronics USB Bluetooth Device"
TI.DeviceDesc="TI Mistral Bluetooth Device"
SONY.DeviceDesc="Sony Bluetooth Device"
FORMOSA.DeviceDesc="Formosa Bluetooth Device"
LOGITECH.DeviceDesc="Bluetooth wireless hub"
BLUETHUMB.DeviceDesc="Bluetooth by hp"
GIANT.DeviceDesc="GIANT Bluetooth Device"
BELKIN.DeviceDesc="Belkin Bluetooth Device"
PANASONIC.DeviceDesc="Panasonic Bluetooth Device"
ICSI.DeviceDesc="ICSI Bluetooth USB Device"
PHILIPS.DeviceDesc="Philips BluePearl Bluetooth USB Device"
ITRONIX.DeviceDesc="Itronix Bluetooth Device"
DELLELWOOD.DeviceDesc="Dell Bluetooth USB adapter"
BROADCOMHP.DeviceDesc="HP integrated module with Bluetooth wireless technology"
BROADCOM2045HP.DeviceDesc="HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless Technology"
BRCMHPPRINT.DeviceDesc="HP Bluetooth Wireless Print and PC Adapter"
BRCM2045UHE.DeviceDesc="Broadcom 2045 Bluetooth 2.0 USB-UHE Device"
BRCM2045.DeviceDesc="Broadcom 2045 Bluetooth 2.0 USB Device"
ISSC.DeviceDesc="ISSC USB Bluetooth Device"
AIR2UBRCM.DeviceDesc="Broadcom ROM dongle"
AIR2U.DeviceDesc="Air2U Bluetooth Device"
FCS.DeviceDesc="Fujitsu Siemens USB Device"
ACTIONTEC.DeviceDesc="Actiontec USB Bluetooth Device BTM200"
SAMSUNGTY.DeviceDesc="Samsung Bluetooth Device"
TAIYOYUDEN.DeviceDesc="Taiyo Yuden Bluetooth Device"
TAIYOYUDEN2.DeviceDesc="Taiyo Yuden Bluetooth Device2"
MICROLINK.DeviceDesc="Microlink-Foxlink Bluetooth Device"
BCHPTransceiver.DeviceDesc="HP USB BT Transceiver [1.2]"
BROADIBM.DeviceDesc="ThinkPad Integrated Bluetooth IV"
BROADIBMEDR.DeviceDesc="ThinkPad Bluetooth with Enhanced Data Rate"
DELLPHISH.DeviceDesc="Dell Wireless 3xx Bluetooth Internal Card"
BELKIN.DeviceDesc="Belkin Bluetooth 2.0 USB Adapter"
TECOM.DeviceDesc="TECOM Bluetooth Device"
KENSINGTON.DeviceDesc="Kensington Bluetooth Device"
BRCMMOTO.DeviceDesc="Motorola USB Bluetooth Device"

[Strings.0404] ; Chinese Traditional
DellFangorn.DeviceDesc="Dell Wireless 355 Module with Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR Technology"
V_WIDCOMM="Broadcom"
BTWClassName="ツナェ゙クヒクm"
Source_Description="WIDCOMM ヲwクヒエCナ"
BROADCOM2045HP.DeviceDesc="HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 2.0 Wireless Technology"

[Strings.0406] ; Danish
V_WIDCOMM="Broadcom"
BTWClassName="Bluetooth-enheder"
Source_Description="WIDCOMM-installationsmedie"

[Strings.0407] ; German
V_WIDCOMM="Broadcom"
BTWClassName="Bluetooth-Ger舩e"
Source_Description="WIDCOMM-Installationsmedien"

[Strings.040a] ; Spanish
V_WIDCOMM="Broadcom"
BTWClassName="Dispositivos Bluetooth"
Source_Description="Medios de instalacin de WIDCOMM"

[Strings.040b] ; Finnish
V_WIDCOMM="Broadcom"
BTWClassName="Bluetooth-laitteet"
Source_Description="WIDCOMM-asennuslevy"

[Strings.040c] ; French
V_WIDCOMM="Broadcom"
BTWClassName="P駻iph駻iques Bluetooth"
Source_Description="Support d'installation WIDCOMM"

[Strings.0410] ; Italian
V_WIDCOMM="Broadcom"
BTWClassName="Periferiche Bluetooth"
Source_Description="Supporto di installazione WIDCOMM"

[Strings.0411] ; Japanese
V_WIDCOMM="Broadcom"
BTWClassName="Bluetooth デバイス"
Source_Description="WIDCOMM インストール メディア"

[Strings.0412] ; Korean
V_WIDCOMM="Broadcom"
BTWClassName="Bluetooth タ蠧。"
Source_Description="WIDCOMM シウト。 ケフオセ"

[Strings.0413] ; Dutch
V_WIDCOMM="Broadcom"
BTWClassName="Bluetooth-apparaten"
Source_Description="WIDCOMM-installatiemedia"

[Strings.0416] ; Brazilian Portuguese
V_WIDCOMM="Broadcom"
BTWClassName="Dispositivos Bluetooth"
Source_Description="Mdia de instala鈬o WIDCOMM"

[Strings.041d] ; Swedish
V_WIDCOMM="Broadcom"
BTWClassName="Bluetooth-enheter"
Source_Description="WIDCOMM-installationsskiva"

[Strings.0415] ; Polish
V_WIDCOMM="Broadcom"
BTWClassName="Urzケdzenia Bluetooth"
Source_Description="No從ik instalacyjny WIDCOMM"
BELKIN.DeviceDesc="
Old 10-06-2007, 13:22   #11 (permalink)

Member: 601275
i have found the mistake i havent wrote it in big letters. but now i have got the problem that i cant connect to any device. everytime there is a window in that is the message that the licence isnt for my system.
Old 10-07-2007, 17:02   #12 (permalink)
Nir

Member: 475140
post deleted by op .

Last edited by Nir; 10-07-2007 at 17:05. Reason: wrong info posted
Old 10-14-2007, 10:50   #13 (permalink)

Member: 609133
Question Dead links

Hi,

could someone please post a live link for the Widcomm driver pack please? I can't seem to find a single one that works...

Grant
Old 11-11-2007, 03:07   #14 (permalink)

Member: 628106
Yes someone please upload the pack, help us out?! I have Vista ultimate x64 and my original CD drivers doesnt work. They arent 64bit + can't update because btwinitialupdate.exe says my device isnt supported..
Old 11-16-2007, 09:24   #15 (permalink)

Member: 630509
Thank you very much ................
it works