GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2005, 08:16   #1 (permalink)

Member: 181306
Thanks Meter: 0
dual Bt connection

is there any phone that is able to handle two concurrent Bluetooth sessions at the same time ? i.e. a phone that stays connected to a BT headset while establishing a second BT connection with a PC (via SPP or DUN services) ...
anyone has heard of it ?

thanks, lucianop
Old 10-07-2005, 17:38   #2 (permalink)

Member: 41353
Well my old SE Z600 could manage 2 connections with my pc at the same time, so does my V600i (K600i). I have yet to try if it can handle 2 connections from different devices. I will do so tomorrow (I have a BT headset). I will keep you informed.

PS: when I tried the same trick with other phones it turned out that they could not handle dual connection. At least a nokia and a Siemens one.
Old 10-07-2005, 21:40   #3 (permalink)

Smile

Update: My V600i can connect to my BT headset and my laptop SIMULTANEOUSLY. I can make and receive calls with FMA (if this is why you were asking in the first place) and talk through my BT headset. I hope your question was answered!
Old 10-07-2005, 23:35   #4 (permalink)

thanks for the infos, this is exactly what I need (I use PhoneControl, do you think may be a problem?); in the meantime i've asked same question to many phone manufacturers (Motorola, Nec, SonyEricsson, Samsung and Nokia) and all of them but Nokia told me they haven't a solution (SonyEricsson as well, but, seeing to your tests, I guess that their reply was too much "expeditious"); Nokia told me that three of their phone are able to do that: 8800 (which is very expensive), N70 (still difficukt to find in Italy at this moment) and the cheaper 6230i which I was going to buy before your post; in effect I like so much SE phone and their software and I hope to find the right solution with their models.

cheers, lucianop
Old 10-08-2005, 08:00   #5 (permalink)

Hi again.
I downloaded phonecontrol and gave it a try. I did not manage to make it work, probably there are some settings that I have to do.
It DOES support use of an external headset though.

What I would like to say about FMA is:

It does not require the .NET framework
It is FAST
It is STABLE
It is open source
It supports remote control and all phone capabilities in general
It is built around SE phones so it works best with them
It is FREE

I did not see any capabilities in phonecontrol that FMA misses.

Also about SE: remember that bluetooth was an Ericsson innovation(well at least it was one of the founding companies), so expect SE phones to have one of the best interfaces around. In V600i you even have a dedicated menu option to allow or restrict more than one devices to connect simultaneously in order to save power.

See you.
Old 10-08-2005, 10:43   #6 (permalink)

I agree with you and have already downloaded FMA to deeply test it; by the way I've till now a little preference for PhoneControl just because it is fully integrated in many in-car frontends (roadrunner and others) and my car is the place where I mainly need this kind of integration between phone and PC. Anyway, the features you have tested are features of the phones and therefore this means that those phones could work in a similar way also using different application software. With my actual SE T630, once getting it connected to the headset, I'm not able to connect anything else: the phone says "bluetooth channel is already busy!" and this happens with PhoneControl to handle incoming and outcomng calls, but also trying to establish a GPRS connection using DUN service.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:19   #7 (permalink)

Member: 103043
Bluetooth v1.1 devices can't enstablish multiple bluetooth connections, regardless of brand. I'm not sure about BT v1.2, while BT v2.0+EDR can do it for sure.

Gionames
Old 10-09-2005, 13:45   #8 (permalink)

@ panosGR

The models V600i e K600i are not yet sold here in Italy, but I've found the one of them (K600i) by a local importer. According to your test only the V600i works fine or both ?

@ Gionames

thanks for clarification, unfortunately it's very rare that a manufacturer specifys implementedl evels of Bluetooth (they generally say "bluetooth present or not present"). Have you more infos regarding the models we are speaking of (SE V600i, SE K600i, NOKIA 6230i, NOKIA N70)? SonyEricsson and Nokia sites are very poor in technical infos !!!
Old 10-09-2005, 13:57   #9 (permalink)

Member: 103043
I know for a fact N70 and 6680 are BT v1.2 (alas!). But they CAN do multiple connections (I had GPS + headset on a 6680).

So only BT v1.1 is left out
Old 10-09-2005, 15:38   #10 (permalink)

Member: 184209
Hi,

Sorry if this is stupid:
May i know what does FMA and phoneControl use for. Where can i download it for testing.
Thanks.
Old 10-10-2005, 14:23   #11 (permalink)

FMA can be found at:

http://fma.sourceforge.net/

I really cant give you a description of FMA. It simply does everything such a piece of software would be expected to capable of.

Sync/Control/SMS/Initiate-receive calls/Remote control/Battery-signal level indication etc.

Z600 could manage dual connections and my V600i can do the same.

I think that K600i is even better than V600i since it does not have any branding (VF) at all. So expect it to be capable of maintaining 2 connections simultaneously.

Good luck to all of you!
Old 11-06-2005, 07:53   #12 (permalink)

Member: 194138
Speaking of dual connections, is it possible to have 2 BT headphones connected. I have a set of HP BT headphones that I have gotten to work with my rig thanks to the advice found here. Now, can I add another set of headphones so that my wife can listen to the same thing? If it is possible, would we be listening to exactly the same thing or would there be a delay as data is sent first to one and then the other?