GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2006, 22:10   #1 (permalink)

Member: 364701
Thanks Meter: 1
Need help installing Bluetooth Dongle - Lost Driver CD!

Just going through the step by steps to install the Widcomm drivers for my Bluetooth dongle - which is a i.Tech v1.2 Mini dongle, however, I cannot locate a btwusb.inf entry for it anywhere. Is there a way to manually find out what it is to put it into the btwusb.inf?

If anyone on here has the driver, I'd be really grateful if you could post it up?

I've been to the website, but they don't offer their drivers for download:

http://www.itechdynamic.com/en/produ...id=6&pid=06050

I've tried to follow the step by step guide, but I'm having some problems:

Quote:
leeh41 if the .INF you found does not have the VID and PID numbers for your hardware you could try either downloading a different .INF (e.g. http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...59&postcount=1)
If no .INF files have your hardware listed you should be able to just manually add it by finding out the name and numbers and adding them in. To find out the PID, VID and Name:
First uninstall any previous software/drivers, for your device then let Windows automatically find and fail to install it.
Next go to the start menu, select run and enter "dxdiag" go to the last tab "More Help" there select the MSinfo button. (I know there are much quicker ways to get here, but I cannot remember them, sorry.)
In System information go to components - expand it - USB and hopefully your hardware should be listed there with its' name at the beginning followed by a code. Note the 4 digits VID_****& and PID_****\, and add two lines to the inf file listing them. (btwusb.inf)
These lines should be intuitive to create, as they can be only slightly modified versions of other lines. You will need to add one line similar to:
ExcludeFromSelect=USB\VID_????&PID_????
You may also need to add one line similar to:
%NAME.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_????&PID_???? ; NAME VID&PID
But, if I just let windows try to (and fail) install the device, I get no addition entries to locate the VID & PID?

TIA
Old 10-21-2006, 22:21   #2 (permalink)

Member: 364701
Thanks Meter: 1
Ok, isn't it funny how you get the answer just as you ask?

Anyway, to get the VID & PID numbers, it's correct to let windows fail to install and then go to device manager, in the hardware bit, look at the details tab of the unknown bluetooth device, then there are the VID & PID numbers you need. Then you need to manually edit the btwusb.inf file yourself as per instructions posted above.

Now, I've just got to get a licence working?