GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2008, 09:40   #226 (permalink)

Member: 816961
Thanks Meter: 0
s3 moblie initilazing bluetooth problem

hello sir

I have s3 model and when I open bluetooth folder it is despaly error initilazing bluetooth now, please wait so give me solution
Old 08-23-2009, 16:09   #227 (permalink)

Member: 1099008
Tecom BT3030 Firmware upgrade

OK, here goes.

I have a Tecom BT3030 USB Dongle Bluetooth unit. AFAIK it uses the Broadcom BT2033 Bluetooth chip. The dongle works on Windows XP with the WIDCOMM software it was shipped with; v. 1.2.2.16. If I connect the dongle to a Windows Vista or Windows 7 machine it is detected as a Generec Bluetooth Radio and a driver is successfully installed. However the unit quickly is disabled by Windows with the following errors in Event Viewer:
  1. A command sent to the adapter has timed out. The adapter did not respond.
  2. The local Bluetooth adapter has failed in an undetermined manner and will not be used. The driver has been unloaded.
Since the unit works in Windows XP I can only assume that it is in order and not broken. That leaves me with the following. Either there is a bug in the Microsoft BT stack on Vista/7 or there is a bug in the firmware of the unit. Since I have several other BT adapters running on both Vista and 7 a firmware upgrade of the Tecom device seems my best bet.

I have read thru this thread in its entirety (twice) and tried to upgrade my dongle, but without success. So my question to you is; can this unit be upgraded at all? How?

The PnP ID is USB\Vid_0a5c&Pic_2033.

Hope someone can help.

Thanks.

Morgan

Old 08-25-2009, 15:36   #228 (permalink)

Member: 458089
Thanks Meter: 6
thanks so much for this bro!
Old 12-12-2010, 01:46   #229 (permalink)

Member: 817538
There havent been a lot of posts here but I was wondering if there was a way to get my csr bluetooth dongle VID 0A12 PID 0001 flashed with a newer firmware version. I have windows 7 but I intend to use the dongle on an iBook G4 running Mac OSX 10.5.8. I messed with the kexts so that the damn dongle shows up but the firmware on this usb mini dongle seems to not be very good. I have two of these so I'm willing to wreak one. I do have a logitech bluetooth dongle that i dont want interfered with.
Old 03-14-2011, 23:54   #230 (permalink)
mts

Member: 173697
Thanks Meter: 3
I did not manage to do this. Can anyone please explain what OS i need and what drivers. I have win7 x64 ultimate and using a DBT 120 rev B4. When i start BlueCore Device firmware upgrade wizard and select usb and click next i get: http://i.imgur.com/JYtXw.png

Btw i installed xp also just to try and i could not make it to work, same error. Tried also to use BL554-2.inf file in device manager but it said i already had the newest drivers so it did not want to change.
Old 03-15-2011, 21:06   #231 (permalink)
mts

Member: 173697
Thanks Meter: 3
Never mind, i found a much better method to use and now i can use the dongle in bios.

Procedure:

1. Download Ubuntu and put it on a usb stick.

2. Boot from it in live mode.

3. Backup the firmware on the bt dongle:

Quote:
Open a terminal and type: sudo dfutool -d hci0 archive backup.dfu (this will save the file in your home directory), then it will say something like:

Code:
Available devices with DFU support:

1) Bus 008 Device 004: ID 0a12:0001 Interface 2
Press 1.
4. Upgrade the firmware:

Quote:
In terminal type: sudo dfutool -d hci0 upgrade

Press space and drag the .dfu file to terminal

It will be something like this:
sudo dfutool -d hci0 upgrade '/home/ubuntu/Desktop/GenericCSR.dfu'

Press Enter.

When it shows

Code:
Available devices with DFU support:

1) Bus 008 Device 004: ID 0a12:0001 Interface 2
Choose 1.

It will show something like this:

Filename GenericCSR.dfu
Filesize 994866
Checksum 65085dde (valid)

It should show a message when it is done upgrading the firmware.
Just reboot and boot into ubuntu again to pair your keyboard or mouse there. After i rebooted i noticed the keyboard was not working in bios so i tried to boot into windows and installed hid2hci tray.

It did show bluetooth is working but i could not tick ''Allow bluetooth devices to find this computer'' cause it claimed i dont have the bt dongle connected so i could not make the apple keyboard to show up and pair.

Thats why i went into ubuntu again to see if it would work there and after i paired there windows would allow me to tick ''Allow bluetooth devices to find this computer'' and then also found apple keyboard and it worked in bios too.
The Following User Says Thank You to mts For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2011, 23:47   #232 (permalink)

Member: 1541445
thanks thanks thanks
Old 04-17-2014, 23:12   #233 (permalink)

Member: 2169744
Wink How to get external bluetooth dongle for non bluetooth tablet

Dear sir/madam,
I am a new person to this forum I have purchased a new tablet datawind ubislate 9ci it is a 9 inch no blue tooth tablet details are as below

Android 4.1.1
Rock chip RK2928
KERNEL linux version 3.0.36+

I want to attach Bluetooth dongle to this tablet I have micro USB otg cable and Bluetooth USB 2.0
Please suggest and guide me on how to do this and also give me down load link to ROM, firmware etc
I found a software from Google play and it is recognising the BT USB 2.0 but it is not connecting to the tablet
I have tested with USB host diagnostics (google play) and got the following results

Android api
Claims support > yes
Classes found. > yes
Device detected> yes
Rooted api
Claims support> N/A
Device support> N/A
Kernel
Claims support > yes
Device detected> yes
Verdict
OS support> yes