GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2006, 23:36   #151 (permalink)

Member: 232588
Thanks Meter: 0
Smile bluetooth with a F8T006-PC from Belkin

Anyone have help for a near-novice who cannot get the Widcomm stuff to synch via Bluetooth since the Blackberry Device Manager SW still has the Bluetooth option grayed out?

I have read the problem is an XP/SP2 driver contention with unsigned drivers; I have read others referring to a patch for this. Would updating my Widcomm SW help? If so, what version? Also where to get it, patches, etc.? I have read lots of information, but little of it folds together clearly in my mind (re: a timeline, links, and a real, complete tesitimonial). I would LOVE to get this right! I will then author a complete study on how to do this for an impatient fool and place it on this site.

I just need help pulling together the 1000's of hints I have read into one procedure.
Old 04-04-2006, 15:16   #152 (permalink)

Member: 255091
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyx
New Software version 2101 on http://www.ccandc.com.tw/support.htm

Just created the patch....

To install follow my instructions EXACTLY, this is the fastest way:
-Unplug the Bluetooth device
-Install Widcomm, don't make a reboot
-Kill the processes BTTray.exe and BTSTAC~1.EXE in the Task manager
-Rename the 4 files to replace to .original
-Copy the patched files to the location
-Reboot

Or an other method described http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=212988

Seems to be the first version supporting High Quality Audio (at least the device is installed by default)

for pleasure I would want to unload these two file.zip that they find in the first one post but says me that is little time that are recorded to the forum, how much must wait for? thanks in advance thzzzz
Old 04-06-2006, 22:15   #153 (permalink)

Member: 256206
Someone else has asked this unsuccessully...but has anyone managed to get this to work using any Logitech Bluetooth Hub, particularily from the MX5000 desktop?

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring this out.
Old 04-07-2006, 10:21   #154 (permalink)

Member: 153628
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intricate
Someone else has asked this unsuccessully...but has anyone managed to get this to work using any Logitech Bluetooth Hub, particularily from the MX5000 desktop?

I'm having a lot of trouble figuring this out.
Logitech changed its BT dongle to MS Stack since they announce DiNoVO 2.0 and their other BT HUB with BT 1.2 or 2 version. So, I suspose that the method to mod MS BT hub will work with Logitech, but you may need to put a correct device number (USBDEV and PID). I am now using DiNovo Laser (2nd upgraded) since this Widcomm seemed not working well as it sometimes shut down my keyboard and mouse until one day, both my 1st DiNovo die... Anyway, if you need only to use Keyboard and mouse, try staying with the driver they provide

Hope this help.
Old 04-14-2006, 06:25   #155 (permalink)

Member: 254790
first time user. I have a Toshiba Protege with build in bluetooth using Toshiba's bluetooth stack. I can not use WIDCOMM's stack. The WIDCOMM just can not detect the bluetooth device. I searched all over the net but would not find a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 05-06-2006, 21:40   #156 (permalink)

Member: 153628
Thanks Meter: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bt8700r
first time user. I have a Toshiba Protege with build in bluetooth using Toshiba's bluetooth stack. I can not use WIDCOMM's stack. The WIDCOMM just can not detect the bluetooth device. I searched all over the net but would not find a solution. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Download Bluetooh update from Toshiba itself, now it is version 4.3 which support bluetooth stereo. The Toshiba BT software is based on Widcomm version 4 and the new 4.3 version work great on my tablet M200. Point to note that you need to get risk on setting with Bluetooth stereo headset since the Toshiba BT software will check for DRM header. There is work around to disable this setting, which I managed to do so .
Old 05-20-2006, 14:55   #157 (permalink)

Member: 279775
hey guys
i have nokia 6230i and i am trying all version of bluesoleil and pc suites and i jsut cant make my BT usb adapter (es-388) work....any help?
Old 09-26-2006, 23:11   #158 (permalink)

Member: 358150
Downloading Widcomm 4.0.1.2101 Drivers

I've found it quite torturous to download these drivers from http servers as most links are dead and the one that I found that worked ran at dial-up speed. The quickest and easiest way I've found of getting hold of the drivers is to search for "4.0.1.2101" in eMule where it is available pre-patched!

Good Luck,
Richard.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:09   #159 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 102577
Thanks Meter: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by richgharrison View Post
I've found it quite torturous to download these drivers from http servers as most links are dead and the one that I found that worked ran at dial-up speed. The quickest and easiest way I've found of getting hold of the drivers is to search for "4.0.1.2101" in eMule where it is available pre-patched!

Good Luck,
Richard.
Umm, why are pple still searching for 4.xx version of the drivers ?

Adi
Old 12-19-2006, 02:05   #160 (permalink)

Member: 335497
Quote:
Originally Posted by adisor19 View Post
Umm, why are pple still searching for 4.xx version of the drivers ?

Adi
Because 5.xx version doesn't work for everyone...I was pulling my hair out trying to get stereo headphones to work with 5.xx...in less than a day i got 4.0.1.2101 to work with a 1.2 bt dongle and it works well, with great range, and all the avrcp functions to boot!
Old 01-13-2007, 10:05   #161 (permalink)

Member: 430322
hello everyone
i installed the driver from billyx following his instructions on the begenning of this thread.
dunno if it's caused by the overwriting the files in system32 directory, but after restart my notebook is symply.. half-dead i can power on, but there appears nothing but the startup screen with IBM/Lenovo ThinkPad logos.. there should be boot after this, but nothing happen. system just hangs up and nothing can help him, i can't get even to bios
notebook was in the standby mode and i carried him from work before installation, so i suppose it's a HW problem, maybe bios chip is damaged, or something... just cant believe some files in windows could cause THIS kind of hangup

does anybody know how to fix this please?
thx

best regards
nick
Old 01-14-2007, 04:07   #162 (permalink)

Member: 427981
Hi, Thank you for sharing and I am downloading this software to see how it works, once again, thank you so much
Old 01-25-2007, 04:28   #163 (permalink)

Member: 437227
Smile

Hello!
Many thanks to everyone - I finally managed to put my bluetooth devices to work.
I have an old no-name BT USB dongle with CSR chip VID_0A12&PID_0001.
First I upgraded the firmware using DFU Wizzard obtained from Bilionton http://www.billionton.com/website/do...1.4.2.11-N.htm
and Generic CSR Firmware found elsewhere, ignoring the fact that backup of existing firmware was not possible .
Then I had to find Widcomm drivers v. 4.0.1.2101 to use the patch supplied by billyx (see the first post) - many links were out of date, so here I post the location I found: http://www.x-micro.com/driver/DRV-XB...4.0.1.2101.zip
After first try I got unpleasand message "Could not find any bluetooth devices" . It turned out, that my device wasn't listed in btwusb.inf. I completely removed the instalation.
Supported by post by Vexamus at another great forum http://www.dev-hack.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1297
I manually insterted needed lines to btwusb.inf:
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001
%CSRGENERIC.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001 ; *** my device ***
also adding the following to [strings] and appropriate language sections:
CSRGENERIC.DeviceDesc= "Generic CSR Bluetooth Module"
Then I reinstalled it just like billyx described. Unfortunatelly killing BTTray was not enough, and there was no BTStackServer.exe in my process list , so I just rebooted to safe mode and replaced the files with patched ones. After plugging in my device I got nice message about installing "Generic CSR Bluetooth Module". And then everything worked.
BTW: if you need the newer version of drivers, you may use links in Vexamus post, I simply didn't want to wait for another download.
Good luck!
Old 08-28-2007, 01:32   #164 (permalink)

Member: 575534
Need A2DP to work. Flash an old CSR dongle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_agon View Post
Hello!
Many thanks to everyone - I finally managed to put my bluetooth devices to work.
I have an old no-name BT USB dongle with CSR chip VID_0A12&PID_0001.
First I upgraded the firmware using DFU Wizzard obtained from Bilionton http://www.billionton.com/website/do...1.4.2.11-N.htm
and Generic CSR Firmware found elsewhere, ignoring the fact that backup of existing firmware was not possible .
Then I had to find Widcomm drivers v. 4.0.1.2101 to use the patch supplied by billyx (see the first post) - many links were out of date, so here I post the location I found: http://www.x-micro.com/driver/DRV-XB...4.0.1.2101.zip
After first try I got unpleasand message "Could not find any bluetooth devices" . It turned out, that my device wasn't listed in btwusb.inf. I completely removed the instalation.
Supported by post by Vexamus at another great forum http://www.dev-hack.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1297
I manually insterted needed lines to btwusb.inf:
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001
%CSRGENERIC.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_0A12&PID_0001 ; *** my device ***
also adding the following to [strings] and appropriate language sections:
CSRGENERIC.DeviceDesc= "Generic CSR Bluetooth Module"
Then I reinstalled it just like billyx described. Unfortunatelly killing BTTray was not enough, and there was no BTStackServer.exe in my process list , so I just rebooted to safe mode and replaced the files with patched ones. After plugging in my device I got nice message about installing "Generic CSR Bluetooth Module". And then everything worked.
BTW: if you need the newer version of drivers, you may use links in Vexamus post, I simply didn't want to wait for another download.
Good luck!

I have the same exact old bluetooth dongle (no-name, CSR chip). I am downloading DFU.zip from billionton, but I cannot find a "generic CSR firmware" anywhere. Could you e-mail me the firmware to flash this CSR dongle to BT V1.2?

Currently downloading the widcomm driver 4.X.X.2001- how do I patch this to work with my CSR dongle?

Thanks for any help pointing out the instructions and/or retrieving the firmware.
Old 08-29-2007, 23:08   #165 (permalink)

Member: 335480
Hello all,

it seems there is still some confusion around the BT driver versions and the btwusb.inf patching. I will try to explain the method the best way I can in order to try to explain the various problematic situations that can occur during this process.

Firstly, people are still using the 4.x WIDCOMM driver because this is the most stable and compatible version (especially regarding A2DP) with older BT chipset firmwares including NON Broadcom native ones (read: CSR). This means that you should be able to install the 4.0.1.2800 version as it is, with no additional inf mods because the device support is rather broad (but of course not complete). WIDCOMM with the 5.1.x generation drivers decided no longer to support other brands apart from Broadcom so the inf files are severely "restricted" to this hardware.

It is naturally possible to add support for CSR devices, which I personally tried with the latest drivers. However, A2DP will not work nor will the old headset mono low quality support. File transfer and all the other older functions do though, but we want the most supported functions possible don't we?

1 - LOCATE YOUR BT HARDWARE VID&PID

Now BEFORE you install or even remove your older BT drivers, you should check what VID&PID your Bluetooth hardware has because you might need this info to patch the inf file. There are several ways of doing this. The easiest is to open the device manager (right click on my computer, select manage then select the device manager). From the device manager panel, expand your BT key and select the BT device. Right click on it and select properties -> details and copy the USB\VID_XXXX&PID_....\ to a text file - you will need this for further reference. You actually need the part up to the second backslash as this is what you will need to edit your inf file if you need to.

2 - BTWUSB.INF PATCHING

Now that you have your VID&PID data, you need to see if the WIDCOMM package you have supports your BT hardware. This description refers to the 4.0.1.2800 version even if the same applies to the 5.1.0.1100, but not latter versions as they inserted a filter driver - anyhow I have had success on 2 laptops with the 4.x version which works fine with A2DP). Expand your WIDCOMM install files if you already haven't and locate the btwusb.inf file and open it with you favourite editor (or just double click on it to open it with notepad).
Now search the file for the VID&PID code of your BT hardware. Remember you only need the part until the second backslash. For example my Sony VAIO CSR VID&PID are:

USB\VID_044E&PID_3003\5&1CC9C7A4&0&2

What you really need is:

USB\VID_044E&PID_3003\

Or simply search for what is between the slashes (VID_044E&PID_3003).

If you're lucky, you will find at least 3 entries (One in the Excludefromselect and 2 in the WIDCOMM sections, one for XP and the other for W2K). If you're lucky and you find them, skip to the INSTALL section. If you're not, don't despair yet. You can add your VID&PID manually to the inf file even if you might need to try a couple of entries as you don't specifically know what properties your BT Hardware needs (SUSPEND1, BTWUSB etc). I suggest you start by creating a line in the Excludefromselect section with your VID&PID. For ex for my SONY TR5 which wasn't supported I used the BTWUSB descriptor and created the following entry under [ControlFlags]:

; Sony TR5MP
ExcludeFromSelect = USB\VID_044E&PID_3003

And further down in the [WIDCOMM.NTx86.5.1] section I added the actual driver reference which you also should do with your own VID&PID and description of course:

%SONY.DeviceDesc%=BTWUSB, USB\VID_044E&PID_3003 ; my Sony TR5

Notice that I already had the SONY.DeviceDesc variable specified in my inf file (it is located further downwards with the other brands) so I used that (remnant from an older WIDCOMM driver which was not cleaned up in this release). If you wish to add your own as you haven't located the variable amongst the brands, you can just add it under the [strings] section (beware there are as many sections as the languages supported with their codes - you can launch the setup forcing a specific language by running setup.exe /L <language code>). For example:

SONY.DeviceDesc="Sony Bluetooth Device"

in the case of my Sony VAIO (the part at the beginning must match the part in the driver section without the % signs).

So now save your inf file (be sure to copy your original inf file first) and install the drivers.

3 - INSTALL WIDCOMM

It is best to start with a clean install, with no BT drivers present. So uninstall your existing BT drivers and reboot. When your pc reboots it might ask you for some drivers if your BT hardware is integrated and enabled such as in modern laptops, just press cancel and ignore the request and go ahead and launch the WIDCOMM install. While the WIDCOMM drivers are installing, you might get a "no device found" error. Please don't panic yet. Press cancel and let it continue the install and finish if it does this and check the additional notes below.

Remember that you will either need the patched WIDCOMM files or the license patcher to enable the driver. I prefer the license patcher (version 1.6 I think) as this has always worked for me. Pretty easy to use, just launch it, select your BT hardware from the drop down menu and press SAVE. If you want to save the .dat and reg file you can choose save as and save them somewhere.

ADDITIONAL NOTES - PLEASE READ

if XP goes ahead and re-installs a BT driver without asking your for anything after you have uninstalled your old BT drivers or you get the no device error during install, this means windows has located an alternative inf file which you will need to rename probably because your PC is branded with an oem preinstallation image (typical behaviour) or your BT hardware is detected by the Microsoft BT driver. You will need to search for a drivers folder if your laptop is branded and has an embedded BT module ("swsetup" on hp machines for ex or "drivers" on sony) and locate the BT drivers, then simply rename that folder entirely (add an underscore or something) so the system will be unable to locate the drivers and reinstall them. You might also need to locate under the \WINDOWS\INF folder (you need to have the hide hidden folders disabled to see this folder) an oemxxx.inf file that refers to your current BT hardware and rename it if still installs the BT hardware once you've uninstalled the old drivers. I suggest you also rename the file "bth.inf" to bth.old or something. This is the microsoft BT inf file which you really don't need now and is better removed to avoid confusion.
Be careful with what you do in here as you need to be certain you have located the right inf file or you can mess up the drivers. Any additional inf file added to the system (read: hardware not natively supported by windows and installed by you or the manufacturer) not Microsoft native is named "oemxxx.inf" where xxx is a number starting from 1. You can use a text search in the inf folder to help you out locating BT inf files. You may locate many files, but only one has the Hardware ID (VID&PID) of your device, so use the VID&PID as search key for locating relevant inf files.
Once you have located the suspect inf and renamed it, check the device manager again for your BT hardware key and "uninstall" it, then press the "refresh" icon (you must select at least a device on your device manager for these icons to appear). If you have correctly removed the problematic inf (not the new WIDCOMM ones if you have already installed the drivers!) your system should automatically install the new ones (you should see a double key, a BT Enumerator and your Bt Device) if you have already installed the new drivers or if you haven't it may prompt you for drivers after which you will press cancel and install the new WIDCOMM BT Stack.
In any case, after you have resolved the situation and installed the drivers, you should see the 2 BT devices in your device manager, the BT enumerator and the BT device. If you see them, you are ok and can start to use the BT stack (you will need to use the license patcher of course). It may bug you once that you have a couple of billion negative days left for the trial version but that's normal.

It is mandatory to not have any prior BT drivers around as the WIDCOMM installer may not be able to remove them and install his ones properly. This will lead to the no bt device error, which doesn't necessarily mean the drivers are not working, but simply that they aren't loaded as there are other ones interefering. Also, if you patched the inf file youself, be certain that the string you inserted is correctly spelled and placed in the right sections. Confront your syntax with the other entries to see if it is ok.

I hope this explanation was comprehensive and precise enough. I realise that some steps (the patching and driver removal) may not seem easy to non IT personnel, but a more detailed description of the patching process should help (well, I hope it doesn't create any further confusion!).

Have fun!