GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2005, 23:52   #16 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 18442
Sonork: 111110
Thanks Meter: 622
Donate money to this user

THİS link worked?
THİS link worked?
THİS link worked?
Old 01-04-2005, 00:22   #17 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 39443
Thanks Meter: 2
I have seen here a 1.2 dongle for 30 Euro but I didn't buy it cause i thought I will have no software for it.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:43   #18 (permalink)

Member: 102506
Thanks Meter: 0
billyx, thanks for another set of patch files.

Unfortunately same thing happens here. The issue comes up first reboot after pairing with a bluetooth mouse: widcomm thinks the bluetooth adapter is off, device manager thinks the device is working properly. Turning off and on the radio resolves the issue, until the next system reboot.

Anyone with a bluetooth mouse using the 4.0 stack?
Old 01-04-2005, 07:48   #19 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 38890
Thanks Meter: 5
Talking

Try this patch.
See if it help.
Attached Files
File Type: rar 401700patch.part1.rar (420.0 KB, 1605 views)
File Type: rar 401700patch.part2.rar (388.9 KB, 1393 views)
Old 01-04-2005, 14:03   #20 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by auvi
billyx, thanks for another set of patch files.

Unfortunately same thing happens here. The issue comes up first reboot after pairing with a bluetooth mouse: widcomm thinks the bluetooth adapter is off, device manager thinks the device is working properly. Turning off and on the radio resolves the issue, until the next system reboot.
I think that is a problem of the widcomm software that can't be solved by patching.

Ready for 1.2 doesn't mean you have already a 1.2 firmware. What version numbers are displayed?
Old 01-04-2005, 14:42   #21 (permalink)

Member: 102677
A2DP Usage

Has anyone used the A2DP feature of the 4.0 stack yet? I can not get the Widcomm 4.0 to work on a Sony internal bluetooth device. The SP2 works fine for my mouse, so I'm thinking to give up with the 4.0, and just use the A2DP dongle that came with the BlueTake headphones. However, I'd really like to be able to use the mic feature on the headphones, or listen to stereo sound without the dongle. If someone has been able to use the A2DP features, I will keep trying.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:07   #22 (permalink)

Member: 104333
Thanks Meter: 1
Great posting for the new Version of Widcomm Bluetooth - Thanks for that.

I am having a problem with my Bluetooth Network (Lan or High-Speed Internet). When I first installed the V4.0.1.700 software all was working great then after a re-boot the following problem keeps happening. Although the bluetooth icon in my system tray is Blue/White there is an Network Icon with a red cross in it. The status for the network says Network cable unplugged??

I installed the V4.0.1.700 and applied the patches in safe mode as directed so I dont know what else to do now, can anyone make any suggestions please?
Old 01-09-2005, 05:08   #23 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notts_Lad
Great posting for the new Version of Widcomm Bluetooth - Thanks for that.

I am having a problem with my Bluetooth Network (Lan or High-Speed Internet). When I first installed the V4.0.1.700 software all was working great then after a re-boot the following problem keeps happening. Although the bluetooth icon in my system tray is Blue/White there is an Network Icon with a red cross in it. The status for the network says Network cable unplugged??
Thats normal! The bluetooth dongle installs also a virtual network card but if you don't connect this virtual network card to an other virtual network card of a bluetooth dongle it is unplugged. But this means only this profil is not working but bluetooth is ok.
In some versions of Widcomm this network adapter was disabled by default which is imho good.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:14   #24 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdigdug
Has anyone used the A2DP feature of the 4.0 stack yet? I can not get the Widcomm 4.0 to work on a Sony internal bluetooth device. The SP2 works fine for my mouse, so I'm thinking to give up with the 4.0, and just use the A2DP dongle that came with the BlueTake headphones. However, I'd really like to be able to use the mic feature on the headphones, or listen to stereo sound without the dongle. If someone has been able to use the A2DP features, I will keep trying.
As I said, I think the only difference if A2DP is supported by the dongle is a sound device named "Bluetooth High Quality Audio". I don't know if there will be only the "Bluetooth High Quality Audio" device or "Bluetooth Audio" and "Bluetooth High Quality Audio" devices.

I will ask Leonlmf.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:54   #25 (permalink)

Member: 104772
I almost... got it... I think...

Hey Guys-

I got the files, installed widcomm, went to safe mode, patched it.

Pushed in my billonton pcmcia card- not getting recognized.

I edited the btwusb.inf file to add my vid/pid - that gets me farther, I can actually install, or rather finish the process. But, the card wont get initialized by the system- rather it complains "This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)"

Bummer!

I have 2 devices under bluetooth devices, the enumerator (a widcomm thing I believe) and mine that wont work. I put the btwusb.sys from my known good working drivers that are way old, and it doesnt help either. Complains of not being able to find free resources...

I have tried the first 2 sets of patched files posted in this thread, any help at all would be so appreciated... I believe I am just beyond my expertise a la bluetooth at this point. Please take a sec and see what you think! Thanks a ton.

VID 046D PID C704 in case anyone wondered...

Eric
Old 01-09-2005, 12:55   #26 (permalink)

Member: 104333
Thanks Meter: 1
Hi Billyx

So you say this is normal but I cant seem to use any of my bluetooth devices and now the system tray Icon is now Blue/Red. As I said, this was not the case at first, when I did the first install, everything worked just fine, it was not until I turned off my comp fpr the day and the turned it back on the next day that the error happens.

I find this very strange as it shows that the software can install and work but something must happen during a reboot to change this, any suggestions would be great as I am my wits end now

Thanks for your time

Kenny
Old 01-09-2005, 19:49   #27 (permalink)

Member: 97423
Quote:
Originally Posted by billyx
As I said, I think the only difference if A2DP is supported by the dongle is a sound device named "Bluetooth High Quality Audio". I don't know if there will be only the "Bluetooth High Quality Audio" device or "Bluetooth Audio" and "Bluetooth High Quality Audio" devices.

I will ask Leonlmf.

I definately do not have a "Bluetooth High Quality Audio" device, and no High Quality audio profiles with my setup. So this may be dongle dependent and my DBT-120 B4 w/ Generic firmware may not be compatible.

Also, I installed 4.0.1 as an upgrade of the HP 3.0 stack, if that makes any difference.

I have Bluetooth Imaging and Bluetooth Camera as profiles, but no High Quality Audio.

Brent
Old 01-09-2005, 22:32   #28 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwagner
I definately do not have a "Bluetooth High Quality Audio" device, and no High Quality audio profiles with my setup. So this may be dongle dependent and my DBT-120 B4 w/ Generic firmware may not be compatible.

Also, I installed 4.0.1 as an upgrade of the HP 3.0 stack, if that makes any difference.

I have Bluetooth Imaging and Bluetooth Camera as profiles, but no High Quality Audio.

Brent
Look at the Device Manager in Windows, not the Profiles. In the section "Audio, Video and Game-Controlers" a Bluetooth device should be listed. I think the Profile is unchanged named "headset".
Old 01-10-2005, 06:05   #29 (permalink)

Member: 104772
Hey All-

Samprologic PM'd me back- I noticed he had the same card I did- and he helped me drive the last nail on home, getting the PCMCIA driver up and running. Awesome!!

My purpose of upgrading, was to bring my BT stack up enough of a version so setpoint- yes, another logitech mouse/keyboard user - wouldnt bitch about my BT being out of date.

Well, the logitech sw still thinks I am out of date. Which means it could be referencing the older driver files that I used to install the card itself, or the version numbering of the brand new v4 bt stack is beyond its capacility to figure out. IE- it may only be looking at the last number, not the whole thing.

I tried altering the .inf file used, adding in my billonton lines from the older one- that didnt work, it wouldint init the card.

I am still working on this, although I may take a break for a bit. Take care all, many thanks to samprologic on his simple fix. Oh, I should mention that- I expanded the data1.cab file into a temp folder, then searched for the driver there. That being the data1 folder that came with my BT card, the old one. And that might be my problem as well.

I will post if I get any further...

Eric
Old 01-10-2005, 21:12   #30 (permalink)

Member: 104706
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm4489
The installation for the drivers can be downloaded here

http://www.mobidick.biz/downloads.shtml

and the Patched files are attached.

New profiles included:

* GAVDP -- Generic Audio Video Distribution Profile
* A2DP -- Advanced Audio Distribution Profile
* AVRCP -- Audio Video Remote Control Profile
SOrry, but what is the difference between:

Bluetooth Adaptor BCU series: Widcomm Driver Ver. 4.0.1.700
- Bluetooth Adaptor BDU series: Widcomm Driver Ver. 1.4.2
- Bluetooth Adaptor BMU22: Widcomm Driver Ver. 1.4.2
- Bluetooth Adaptor BMU24: Widcomm Driver Ver. 1.4.2
- Bluetooth Adaptor BMU210: Widcomm Driver Ver. 1.4.2

I have a SONY VAIO S1VP with BT internal module...which one is the correct one for me?