GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2006, 15:59   #1 (permalink)

Member: 161131
Thanks Meter: 0
Widcomm 5.0.1.802 + Vaio Integrated Bluetooth - Success!

Hi,

I just spent the last 24hrs trying to get the new Widcomm drivers to work with my Vaio S380 with internal BT module (UGX VID/PID 044e/3007).

I thought I would post some instructions which are a combination of info on this forum and on the Sony TR World Forum .

Essentially as I did it, there are 3 essential steps.

STEP 1

Download the Widcomm 5.0.1.802 software with the service pack as described by adisor19.
When you have applied the service pack, modify btwusb.inf before installing the software. (this is in the installation pack). See the attachment at the bottom of this post. This is just the same as the original file with 3 extra lines to allow the driver to work with the Sony BT module.

Step 2

Follow the instructions in this post:

Patch for vaio internal bt to enable working headset profile

I followed the instructions for "VAIO-T, S, A with v1.2 Internal Bluetooth Module (PID 3007 only)" I expect that the other instructions for the v1.1 module will also work for those of you who have this.
I should mention that my module has the PID 3007 - others may not, but this can be worked around by modifying the btwusb.inf file.
Follow these instructions to the point of "Install SONY (Toshiba OEM) stack: "

Step 3

At this point I installed my Widcomm 5.0.1.802 with the modified btwusb.inf as I mentioned in Step 1.
Reboot and the manually install the driver located in the C:\Program Files\WIDCOMM\Bluetooth Software\bin - select btwusb.inf .
Everything now works great, with the excellent Widcomm interface. All my current BT peripherals work a dream, including ActiveSync to my iPaq. I have not tested the headset profile yet - waiting on my SE HBH-602 to arrive.

I hope this is useful. I was trawling these forums yesterday looking for a solution, and I just thought I would share my experiences.

As I said this works for my vaio S380, but I assume that it will work for other integrated vaio modules. Do this at your own risk, though - I have no computer qualification and accept no responsibility for any consequences that you might experience.

Thanks,

Ro

PS I had to zip the txt file to make it small enough.
Attached Files
File Type: zip btwusb_inf.zip (6.7 KB, 555 views)

Last edited by ro76; 01-07-2006 at 18:48.
Old 01-09-2006, 17:54   #2 (permalink)

Member: 180614
Talking BRAVO!!!! to ro76

I have been trying for months to get my sony vaio T150 with integrated bluetooth to work with my motorola hs850 bluetooth headset to use skype etc and I had tried every single stack on every site with everyone's instructions to no avail until reading ro76's easy to understand instructions and everything works great including skype, bluetooth mouse etc. Thanks to ro76 for finding out what works on sony vaio with integrated bluetooth. Bravo!
Old 01-09-2006, 18:07   #3 (permalink)

Member: 161131
Quote:
Originally Posted by k29697
I have been trying for months to get my sony vaio T150 with integrated bluetooth to work with my motorola hs850 bluetooth headset to use skype etc and I had tried every single stack on every site with everyone's instructions to no avail until reading ro76's easy to understand instructions and everything works great including skype, bluetooth mouse etc. Thanks to ro76 for finding out what works on sony vaio with integrated bluetooth. Bravo!
Glad to hear that! I was in the same boat with the restrictive Sony Bluetooth drivers, and was delighted when I figured it out last week.

I use these type of forums all the time to sort out all my technical/computer problems, based on the experiences of others. It's unusual for me to be able to post a sloution, so I was delighted to contribute.

Ro
Old 01-28-2006, 16:07   #4 (permalink)

Member: 226318
----When you have applied the service pack, modify btwusb.inf before installing the software. (this is in the installation pack). See the attachment at the bottom of this post. This is just the same as the original file with 3 extra lines to allow the driver to work with the Sony BT module.-----

When you say Apply the service pack, what do you mean by that??
Old 01-29-2006, 19:42   #5 (permalink)

Member: 112657
I will give you guys some steps to make it install easy.
Prepare Step: Download newest version of Widcomm 5.0.1.1200 in this post and patched files. Copy all patched files to svcpack folder and file svcpack.txt attached and rename it to svcpack.ini also file btwusb.rar attached as btwusb.ini extracted.
Install Step: Just install and you do not go to safe mode to overwrite some files.
You can use immediately upon install finished. Just replace BT driver with driver in Widcomm.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SvcPack.txt (2.7 KB, 217 views)
File Type: rar btwusb.rar (5.5 KB, 163 views)
Old 02-09-2006, 14:01   #6 (permalink)

Member: 230830
I've go vgn-s5xrp. I do everything, but can't to install driver. It can not be found-it does no work with my device.
Can enyone help me.
Old 02-11-2006, 22:45   #7 (permalink)

Member: 229361
It doesn't work for me either
I get message that my License expired or that my BT is not licensed to be used with the software. ( Yes I patched both files as described)
Vaio VGN-A600P