GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Bluetooth-Software (http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f237/)
-   -   Widcomm 5.1.0.1700a (http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f237/widcomm-5-1-0-1700a-318950/)

adisor19 07-28-2006 05:23

Widcomm 5.1.0.1700a
 
Hello everyone,

I have uploaded a new build of Widcomm 5.1.0.1700a.

This is yet another update from Anycom. The only difference compared to the previous .1700 version, is the included StackSwitcher that actually WORKS this time. The StackSwitcher is used when you have a stupid application that only works with the Microsoft stack. You would basically use the StackSwitcher program to switch temporarely between stacks without uninstalling the Widcomm drivers.

Included of course is both Win32 and Win64 versions as well as the latest LicencePatcher curtesy of Phantasm. I have also used the btwusb.inf from the 5.1.0.1100 version (only in the win32 folder) as it includes support for more dongles and should be plug and play for most of you.

IMPORTANT : I have finally tested this version with my CSR based dongles and none of them work. They fail at pairing with any device including a mouse. I would highly suggest you stick with the 5.1.0.1100 release if you have a CSR based dongle untill we figure out what's up. It would seem that Broadcom has finally droped the support for CSR based dongles.. :mad:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CG20E5V0

Enjoy everyone !

Adi

balivo 07-28-2006 05:37

Thank's adisor19! Good job!

I have one question? How to find my dongle chipset??? It is very old model.

adisor19 07-28-2006 05:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by balivo
Thank's adisor19! Good job!

I have one question? How to find my dongle chipset??? It is very old model.

Right click on the bluetooth Widcomm icon in the system tray and select Bluetooth Configuration, then click on the Diagnostics tab and see who the Manufacturer is.

Adi

G0tHm0G 07-28-2006 06:39

This raises a number of questions in my mind...

We know that suddenly Dell moved towards the Toshiba solution last year, but I don't know what the other manufacturers are doing.

Perhaps I'm seeing something where there's nothing, so it would be nice to know what other manufacturers developing solutions based on the CSR chip are doing.

It could be just an issue with this particular stack, that could have been compiled with the Broadcom chip in mind without the need of being particularly CSR friendly. I'm not aware of any Anycom product based on this chip.

okaussie1 07-28-2006 16:15

I just d/l this version . I have this problem:

I cannot install this due to this error:

There is a later version installed. Setup cannot continue.

Then it dies.

I removed 5.1.0.1700 first but my system still thinks it is still there.

Where is the version information located and how do I remove it??


TIA

Bill:confused:

docraj 07-29-2006 03:08

Toshiba Vs Broadcomm
 
All

I have tested Broadcomm versions 4 thru to 5.1.0.1700 on MS, Belkin, Logitech and CSR dongles.

I have also tested Toshiba V4.00.31 on all these.

Toshiba stack is by far the most stable on ALL of these dongles. My mouse and KB (Logitecg & MS) connect flawlessly everytime on computer start, my stereo bluetooth headset (Moto HT820) connects and the performance is superb. No static, drops or hisses. When I pause and resume, I always get the music. AVRCP profile works even after a pause of 30 mins.

I was having problems with V5xxxx of Broadcomm stack with my above devices.

My suggestion is to go for the Toshiba stack. There is a V4.00.36 available on:

http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/pages/download.php

but it has copy protection for stereo Bluetooth devices (it will only pair to devices that conform to SCMS-T copy protection method). If a bright soul on this board is able to overcome that then this stack is stable and ideal for everyone's use.

As for V4.00.31 I have this, but in order to be useful you will have to modify the btwusb.inf equivalent file called tosrfusb.inf with yor devices VID and PID.

I am willing to upload V4.00.31 (32 bit only) to a common site; someone will have to tell me where and how.

Tseng 07-29-2006 04:49

Toshiba BT Stack
 
To docraj:
Do you have Logitech SetPoint installed with Toshiba BT stack for your Logitech KB or Mouse?

To all:
The latest Toshiba BlueTooth Stack 4.20.01 is available on the web site provided by docraj. Judging from change history, should be much better than 4.00.36.

adisor19 07-29-2006 04:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by docraj
All

I have tested Broadcomm versions 4 thru to 5.1.0.1700 on MS, Belkin, Logitech and CSR dongles.

I have also tested Toshiba V4.00.31 on all these.

Toshiba stack is by far the most stable on ALL of these dongles. My mouse and KB (Logitecg & MS) connect flawlessly everytime on computer start, my stereo bluetooth headset (Moto HT820) connects and the performance is superb. No static, drops or hisses. When I pause and resume, I always get the music. AVRCP profile works even after a pause of 30 mins.

I was having problems with V5xxxx of Broadcomm stack with my above devices.

My suggestion is to go for the Toshiba stack. There is a V4.00.36 available on:

http://aps.toshiba-tro.de/bluetooth/pages/download.php

but it has copy protection for stereo Bluetooth devices (it will only pair to devices that conform to SCMS-T copy protection method). If a bright soul on this board is able to overcome that then this stack is stable and ideal for everyone's use.

As for V4.00.31 I have this, but in order to be useful you will have to modify the btwusb.inf equivalent file called tosrfusb.inf with yor devices VID and PID.

I am willing to upload V4.00.31 (32 bit only) to a common site; someone will have to tell me where and how.

Heh, it does seem to have the upper hand with this :

""Remote Camera" tool for Bluetooth Cameras with "RemCam"-profile
support, which is a (not mandatory) sub-profile of the BIP-profile."

Looks like this stack is the only one that supports that upcoming Wireless mobile camera from SonyEricsson. Wonder if Widcomm supports it as well but they haven't listed it yet..

Adi

docraj 07-29-2006 05:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tseng
To docraj:
Do you have Logitech SetPoint installed with Toshiba BT stack for your Logitech KB or Mouse?

Yes I do. V3xxx. It picks up the MX5000 KB connection but not the MX1000 mouse connection. But that is not a major issue with me as I do not have any need to configure my mouse. The KB gives all the information (two way) that it did with the supplied Broadcomm stack (5.0.1.1000)


Quote:

Originally Posted by Tseng
To all:
The latest Toshiba BlueTooth Stack 4.20.01 is available on the web site provided by docraj. Judging from change history, should be much better than 4.00.36.



Edited: Tseng is correct. Try 4.20.1. I am downloading that now and will post my feedback later. Hopefully I will not encounter the copy protection issue. Thanks Tseng :)

Yolly Zubrick 07-29-2006 08:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by adisor19
IMPORTANT : I have finally tested this version with my CSR based dongles and none of them work. They fail at pairing with any device including a mouse. I would highly suggest you stick with the 5.1.0.1100 release if you have a CSR based dongle untill we figure out what's up. It would seem that Broadcom has finally droped the support for CSR based dongles.. :mad:

Adi

Thanks again Adi for this wonderful release. As always, you're the first to find it. I just wonder if these Anycom drivers had there DLL's tweaked having removed all CSR support. I mean, can it be that these drivers are actually "truely" customized for Anycom? but would there be a "generic" v5.1.x.x that actually still has CSR support? CSR is quite very popular chip choice among bluetooth dongle makers, so it's a big loss for Broadcomm if they dropped support for CSR. So I suspect those drivers from Anycom are castrated versions designed to work specifically for the chipsets they had in their dongle. Too bad... they're the only company that seem to provide frequent driver updates. When Vista comes, I hope the drivers we have will still work or else we'll be stuck with the anemic features of the MS Bluetooth stack.

G0tHm0G 07-29-2006 11:01

Before jumping to the Toshiba stack a word of advice.

Watch the CPU usage.

This is a problem that affects the Dell 350 dongle in several Dell laptop models.

Obviously it might not affect other dongles/computers, but just keep a keen eye on it.

It ranges from a constant 8-10% CPU load to permanent 100% CPU load.

docraj 07-30-2006 04:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by G0tHm0G
Before jumping to the Toshiba stack a word of advice.

Watch the CPU usage.

This is a problem that affects the Dell 350 dongle in several Dell laptop models.

Obviously it might not affect other dongles/computers, but just keep a keen eye on it.

It ranges from a constant 8-10% CPU load to permanent 100% CPU load.

Hmmm.....My cpu usage (idle) is between 0-3%. I am using Sony Vaio VGN-AR18GP with built in CSR device ( HCI ver: 03.077B; LMP ver: 03).

RonR 07-30-2006 08:08

I tried the Toshiba 4.20.01 Bluetooth stack with a Broadcom 2045 based adapter and it didn't go well at all. It seemed to work at first, but then began locking up when trying to connect to my headset. Shortly thereafter, my sound card totally quit working and I had to uninstall its drivers and reinstall them to get it working again. I dumped the Toshiba Bluetooth stack and reinstalled the Widcomm 5.1.0.1700a drivers and all is well again.

romeo_dolorosa 07-30-2006 14:28

I could install this version without problems on my Dell with Truemobile 350.
I can find other bluetooth devices, but I can't connect to any of them. Why?

adisor19 07-30-2006 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by romeo_dolorosa
I could install this version without problems on my Dell with Truemobile 350.
I can find other bluetooth devices, but I can't connect to any of them. Why?

Is your Dell 350 a CSR based device ? If so, read the first post again.

Adi


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:54.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
- GSM Hosting Ltd. - 1999-2017 -

Page generated in 0.29438 seconds with 5 queries

SEO by vBSEO