GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various

Various AEG, Bosch/Dancall, Toshiba, Vitel, Maxon, Sendo .... and any other Phone which can't find any serving section for it......

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2009, 03:16   #1 (permalink)

Member: 960178
Thanks Meter: 0
O2 X3 Unable to Read a 2Gb Memory Card

Can somebody help me. I have an O2 X3 phone that I have had since say Jan 06. It is fully functional and in good working order etc etc.

I have just upgrdaed my memory from a 32 Mb Mini SD card (that is now full) to a 2 Gb Micro SD card with a mini adapter. However the Micro SD card does not seem to be registering. it just shows '-1' bytes and won't allow anything to be stored to it.

The new memory is reliable, being Kingston, and has been fully tested via a card reader so there is not an issue there.

How can I fix this and get this card to work. I suspect a compatability/size of card issue related to the firmware but am open to all suggestions.

If I do need new firmware how can I upgrade same and do it safely so I don't risk the phone - apart from this new card I am really pleased with it and and do not wish to take any cnances.

Before anybody asks I have tried contacting O2 themselves but they have not exactly been helpful.
Old 02-08-2009, 17:07   #2 (permalink)

Member: 960178
Thanks Meter: 0
I will try to answer my own question for anybody else reading this.

In short I have not, even using the below, managed to get a 2GB card working in my O2 X3. There might be a firmware upgrade out there that would fix the problem but if there is I can't find it.

What I have done though is managed to get a 1Gb card to work which is a big step up from the paltry 32mb that came with the phone. If there is a limitation on the 'from the box' firmware it is at this level or above.

However, please note that before inserting the card you need a card reader and a PC to place the following folders on the phone.

Java
Music
Video

Without this the phone will register that it has the 1GB card inserted, i.e show the full number of bytes, but any attempt to take photos or videos etc will be without success as the phone is not smart enough to create these automatically - using the camera will just cause the phone to lockup.

Alternatively you could use a 'copy & paste' methodology by copying from your old memory card thereby creating the folders on the new card and ALSO copying across your old media files.