GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Saras Boxes > Twisterflasher

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2005, 06:54   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 12724
Thanks Meter: 30
Dial Up-No resume Problem (Support are is gone with the wind !)

Every one that use dialup connection and can not download big files from new support area pls send your posts here.
may be we find a way to solve problem.
my suggestion,could twister team modify the setup files and exclude ppm's from file and put ppms as seperated files for dwonload,
I mean the flash setup files just contain MCU+needed files and no ppm,this just will make the file samll also ppl can download just wanted ppm and trafic will be reduced.
Old 03-09-2005, 08:25   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 563
Thanks Meter: 22,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMLight
Every one that use dialup connection and can not download big files from new support area pls send your posts here.
may be we find a way to solve problem.
my suggestion,could twister team modify the setup files and exclude ppm's from file and put ppms as seperated files for dwonload,
I mean the flash setup files just contain MCU+needed files and no ppm,this just will make the file samll also ppl can download just wanted ppm and trafic will be reduced.
Well, something is not right here. Download manager was never allowed in twister support area since twister was launched. Also files was never splitted since twister was launched, it is not a matter of the new support area. To splitt all few thousand files inside support area need at least few months work.

Sorry because you have only dial up, but it is really not our mistake.
Old 03-09-2005, 10:12   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 5932
Thanks Meter: 1,694
@Raskal
I want to know.. what is the Problem if USERS use DOWNLOAD MANAGERS.

Br.
A. Wahab
Old 03-09-2005, 11:55   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMobile
@Raskal

Br.
A. Wahab
You can ask nadeem aka networkunlock. He have not such problems, becasue he is selling Griffin and Tornado and he not even own a support ftp..

Would you have such a support ftp, would you konw the problematic.
Old 03-09-2005, 13:09   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 307549
Thanks Meter: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMobile
@Raskal

Br.
A. Wahab

if im not missaking in this download mangers are like haveing 100's of conections all at the same time from one user, its realy not good for the server and other users, just think if there was 20 users all loged in and useing them that is a lot off conections
Old 03-09-2005, 16:54   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 12724
Thanks Meter: 30
No raskal it is not true
before this changes, when the download was disconnected,on next connect it was continue from were it was interupted not form begining of file!
Old 03-09-2005, 17:05   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMLight
No raskal it is not true
before this changes, when the download was disconnected,on next connect it was continue from were it was interupted not form begining of file!
it is a matter of your cache of your browser, twister support was ALWAYS via HTTP and not via FTP.

B.R.,
Raskal
Old 03-09-2005, 17:14   #8 (permalink)

Member: 4989
Thanks Meter: 13
No, on old suport I could use download manager (Getright). I used only for resuming, not for multiple downloading. To be honest, I liked old support, because it was almost daily updated by Winner, now since new support, only new version for 7280 is on site...
Old 03-09-2005, 17:34   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 4042
Thanks Meter: 24,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_x4you
No, on old suport I could use download manager (Getright).
Then you was not following the rules and as a moderator of this forum I would have expected more from you.

Odia.
Old 03-09-2005, 17:46   #10 (permalink)

Member: 4989
Thanks Meter: 13
Hmm, why didn't you quote all I said ???

I said I was using this for resuming only, not for mass or multiple downloading !
And because I used this I reduced a little of your server traffic, because if I didn't use getright and download 50mb of a 100mb package and I got interrupted, I had to start from begining, and make you 150mb traffic instead of 100, right ?
So, my moderator status has nothing to do with it...
Old 03-09-2005, 17:56   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 40602
Thanks Meter: 118
For me, I prefer old support coz it has resume support and for those who live in undeveloped country that has very expensive in internet connections will have difficulty in downloading huge files. I agree with GSMLight idea for splitting those big files, and someone who need only specific PPM pack can reduce downloading size, that finally reduced traffic...correct me if i'm wrong. As for DAP, it has advantages and disadvantages in both side, ie the downloader (us) and the uploader (raskal & team).

BR,
s1emens
Old 03-09-2005, 19:23   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 53791
Thanks Meter: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odia The Ultimate
Then you was not following the rules and as a moderator of this forum I would have expected more from you.

Odia.
Odia

With regards to what he says it would acutally benefit you if he did as he tells you..

He says that he used Getright which is a download manager but if you tell it to only open up one connection per session then it will be no different than if he opened it up directly..

As i understand it he only used getright to resume downloads if the connection was lost. This means that if he downloaded say 50 MB of a 100 MB file he could resume the download and then only download the last 50 MB he was missing and with the new server he has to start over and download the full 100 MB again..

In this sense it is good to use a resuming download manager but please understand that i fully grasp the consept of why it is not good to use download managers if they open up multiple connections to speed up download.

All in all he wants to save you the 50MB download trafic (And himself time and money for the download)..

Twisterfan
Old 03-09-2005, 19:29   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 33547
Thanks Meter: 17
if you use getright with 1 connection at a time it will work fine
Old 03-09-2005, 20:03   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_x4you
Hmm, why didn't you quote all I said ???

I said I was using this for resuming only, not for mass or multiple downloading !
And because I used this I reduced a little of your server traffic, because if I didn't use getright and download 50mb of a 100mb package and I got interrupted, I had to start from begining, and make you 150mb traffic instead of 100, right ?
So, my moderator status has nothing to do with it...
No download manager means No download manager, a rule is a rule.

The reason I mentioned your moderator status was because moderators should follow rules and be used to following rules.

Odia.
Old 03-09-2005, 20:07   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@twisterfan,

Its been decided that download managers should not be used, I understand what you are saying but its not up to me to make a decision, I just follow the rules like anyone else, maybe if you direct your question over to Raskal you maybe able to change things.

Odia.