GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Saras Boxes > Twisterflasher

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2005, 19:10   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ireland
Age: 47
Posts: 175
Member: 136489
Status: Offline
Thanks Meter: 0
HWK, Somewhat Confused! :-)

Will all the various posts going around about using cracked, or RASKULATOR etc.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough to explain the various options, and hopefully with what vers of the software they work etc.

Thanks in advance
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 21:00   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
twisterfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 39
Posts: 1,309
Member: 53791
Status: Offline
Thanks Meter: 17
Easy.

There are 3 options.

1. Buy a real genuine HWK, it will cost you approx 200 USD and if you have this you can just sit back and use the box with it's new features (If it does not selfdestruct, in which case you need to have it exchanged).

2. Buy a trial HWK. The trial HWK is exactly the same as the HWK if you lok at the hardware. The difference is that it is essentially a clone of a real HWK and it will probably only work with the current versions of the programs and there is no guarantee that it will work with new versions and there is no guarantee that it will be upgradable. The good thing is that it only cost 20 USD and it seems that it will at least be possible to buy a new one if new software is released and you can buy 10 for the price of 1 genuine.

3. Raskulator. This involves putting a piece of wire between 2 pins inside the box and running a piece of software. The software will then reprogram a piece of the microprocessor inside the box so that the software will believe that the box has a HWK installed. This does not currently work with the newest version of DCTx and Lg2g software but hopefully it wil be updated any day now. If you choose this you might need a tool to reprogram your box back to the original state in the future.

This is the different options you have..

Twisterfan
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 11:29   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Ireland
Age: 47
Posts: 175
Member: 136489
Status: Offline
Thanks Meter: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterfan
Easy.
There are 3 options.
1. Buy a real genuine HWK, it will cost you approx 200 USD and if you have this you can just sit back and use the box with it's new features (If it does not selfdestruct, in which case you need to have it exchanged).
2. Buy a trial HWK. The trial HWK is exactly the same as the HWK if you lok at the hardware. The difference is that it is essentially a clone of a real HWK and it will probably only work with the current versions of the programs and there is no guarantee that it will work with new versions and there is no guarantee that it will be upgradable. The good thing is that it only cost 20 USD and it seems that it will at least be possible to buy a new one if new software is released and you can buy 10 for the price of 1 genuine.
3. Raskulator. This involves putting a piece of wire between 2 pins inside the box and running a piece of software. The software will then reprogram a piece of the microprocessor inside the box so that the software will believe that the box has a HWK installed. This does not currently work with the newest version of DCTx and Lg2g software but hopefully it wil be updated any day now. If you choose this you might need a tool to reprogram your box back to the original state in the future.
This is the different options you have..
Twisterfan

Thanks for the comprehensive reply!

2 - Where can trial hwks be purchased?

3 - I have tried this software and noticed a later version complained about Rascal's firmware being installed on my box, how do I restore my box to standard firmware ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 12:04   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
Invisible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: รำมว&#
Posts: 2,469
Member: 3956
Status: Offline
Sonork: galletto3 rules :D
Thanks Meter: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterfan
3. Raskulator...... but hopefully it wil be updated any day now. ...
hi

forget it, is not possible to make it work with new releases,
saras prevent it

best regards
Invisible
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 15:27   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
twisterfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 39
Posts: 1,309
Member: 53791
Status: Offline
Thanks Meter: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by skearon
Thanks for the comprehensive reply!
2 - Where can trial hwks be purchased?
3 - I have tried this software and noticed a later version complained about Rascal's firmware being installed on my box, how do I restore my box to standard firmware ?
2. Please ask Raskal, i think he can either sell you one or point you to a reseller..

3. You need something called UFS tool 2.69, this program can put back the original firmware..

Twisterfan
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 15:29   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
twisterfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 39
Posts: 1,309
Member: 53791
Status: Offline
Thanks Meter: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible
hi
forget it, is not possible to make it work with new releases,
saras prevent it
best regards
Invisible
Interesting, since you know that it cannot be done, could you please share with the rest of us what Saras did to prevent it ?? (Always courious to know more about this box )

Twisterfan
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 16:52   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
Invisible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: รำมว&#
Posts: 2,469
Member: 3956
Status: Offline
Sonork: galletto3 rules :D
Thanks Meter: 55
offcourse, firmware is partialy rewrited everytime box is connected (connected=connects with any ufs software),
this kill raskulator firmware patch

best regards
Invisible
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 19:23   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
BadUnlockers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Age: 29
Posts: 1,518
Member: 44610
Status: Offline
Thanks Meter: 81
Hmmn.... I think then Saras is getting more smarter... Well lets see what happens on the other side sooner or later...


Best Regards
Didi.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 22:16   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
twisterfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Age: 39
Posts: 1,309
Member: 53791
Status: Offline
Thanks Meter: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisible
offcourse, firmware is partialy rewrited everytime box is connected (connected=connects with any ufs software),
this kill raskulator firmware patch
best regards
Invisible
Ok, well then we must just pay the 20 USD to get HWK trial..

Personally i wait until there will be a version that truly contains something worth upgrading for...I mean nowadays updates are only about every 2 months so as long as i dont need any of the features in new version ill better wait..

Twisterfan
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 10:44   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster
 
Invisible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: รำมว&#
Posts: 2,469
Member: 3956
Status: Offline
Sonork: galletto3 rules :D
Thanks Meter: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUnlockers
Hmmn.... I think then Saras is getting more smarter... Well lets see what happens on the other side sooner or later...
Best Regards
Didi.
partialy rewrite the atmel everytime software is used is not what I call "smart",
what about hwk trial serial number change?, I guess Raskal team know this way

best regards
Invisible
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
confused : after unlock nec338 pls insert correct sim Sudan-Mobiles FuriousGold | Powered by FuriousTeam 5 07-14-2012 08:59
Confused : Silver W377 can't unlock Burnt Cobba Smart-Clip 18 10-06-2008 23:06
6280 navikeys pcb- confused :??? wojtas7650 Nokia Base Band 5 ( BB-5 ) 7 11-19-2007 22:56
Somewhat Confused about Unlocking? Mattkostan Nokia Digital Core Technology 4 ( DCT-4 ) 2 03-02-2004 20:03

 



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:52.



Powered by Searchlight © 2014 Axivo Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
- GSM Hosting Ltd. - 1999-2014 -
Page generated in 0.30716 seconds with 8 queries

SEO by vBSEO