GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Saras Boxes > Twisterflasher

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2004, 18:59   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 37090
Thanks Meter: 42
Angry What to do with Twister with two SN?

@all

I was so “lucky” to get twister box with two serial numbers. I bought it from guy who is across the world from me, but I choose him because I had very positive experience doing business with him last year.
In last three weeks we stay in contact trying to find best solution for my problem. Finally he told me that this can be resolved only by replacing my box.
To do this, I must send my box to him (or directly to his producer in China), pay 150 USD shipping costs in one way, and wait couple weeks to get new box. This scenario is totally unacceptable for me. First of all, this is not my fault; I didn’t mix up MCU and PCB for my box.
I also know, this is not a direct fault of my supplier, but I bought box from HIM not from Twister team (nor someone else in China) and his responsibility is to solve possible problems for his customers (or not, it is up to him and his view of business). If I kill someone’s phone doing whatever I do, what can I tell to my customer? Oops, sorry, but I’m ready to pay you a half of phone price, and second half is on you? Risk of the business? Common, guys …
At first I decide not to send my box for replacing – it is not about 150 USD more from my pocket, it is question of honesty and responsibility in everyone’s work, and question of disappointment that is left behind of this story. I’m also deciding to share my experience with this forum in point when I’m realized that nothing else will help me.

What can I do now? Accept explanation “sh** happens” and send box for replacing? Is there any other way to resolve this?

I’m also thinking about buying new box – only box with Samsung cables – from one of official resellers in my area, and put this one with two SN in Twister museum for future generations…

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

To be clear: Working with my (limited) twister in this short time, I realize that it’s very powerful tool. I have Griffin box too, but I prefer Saras software: it’s more user friendly and adjustable, have more options than Griffin.
Old 03-17-2004, 23:35   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 563
Thanks Meter: 22,328
Quote:
Originally Posted by XisiX
@all

I was so “lucky” to get twister box with two serial numbers. I bought it from guy who is across the world from me, but I choose him because I had very positive experience doing business with him last year.
In last three weeks we stay in contact trying to find best solution for my problem. Finally he told me that this can be resolved only by replacing my box.
To do this, I must send my box to him (or directly to his producer in China), pay 150 USD shipping costs in one way, and wait couple weeks to get new box. This scenario is totally unacceptable for me. First of all, this is not my fault; I didn’t mix up MCU and PCB for my box.
I also know, this is not a direct fault of my supplier, but I bought box from HIM not from Twister team (nor someone else in China) and his responsibility is to solve possible problems for his customers (or not, it is up to him and his view of business). If I kill someone’s phone doing whatever I do, what can I tell to my customer? Oops, sorry, but I’m ready to pay you a half of phone price, and second half is on you? Risk of the business? Common, guys …
At first I decide not to send my box for replacing – it is not about 150 USD more from my pocket, it is question of honesty and responsibility in everyone’s work, and question of disappointment that is left behind of this story. I’m also deciding to share my experience with this forum in point when I’m realized that nothing else will help me.

What can I do now? Accept explanation “sh** happens” and send box for replacing? Is there any other way to resolve this?

I’m also thinking about buying new box – only box with Samsung cables – from one of official resellers in my area, and put this one with two SN in Twister museum for future generations…

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

To be clear: Working with my (limited) twister in this short time, I realize that it’s very powerful tool. I have Griffin box too, but I prefer Saras software: it’s more user friendly and adjustable, have more options than Griffin.
Please email me an screenshot and i will ask the reseller to replace you the box.
Old 03-18-2004, 13:17   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 21885
Sonork: 100.58861
Thanks Meter: 14
Dear Sir!
In this situation it is best way to get goods from Official Distibutor for Croatia ,B & H , Yugoslavia , from long time ago...from Mali or from me...
you dont need to pay any extra taxes...(maybe drink
Best Regards!
Roman
Old 03-18-2004, 13:19   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsm Experts
Dear Sir!
In this situation it is best way to get goods from Official Distibutor for Croatia ,B & H , Yugoslavia , from long time ago...from Mali or from me...
you dont need to pay any extra taxes...(maybe drink
Best Regards!
Roman
Roman please PM or sms me. Thanks
Old 03-18-2004, 18:20   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@Raskal,
Please check your mail.

@Roman,
I'll keep your words in my mind
Old 03-18-2004, 18:45   #6 (permalink)
legija

Member:
Hehe - Just go on, guys . . .
Old 03-20-2004, 15:51   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I’ve read somewhere: Hope is too expensive, it is better to be prepared.

I think my “Twister saga” is over now. It is time for me to grow up.

@Raskal,

In your little verbal wars across this forum you often use word CHEATER, and your main argument is only your word, so we should trust to you. Let me say something about real cheating, using simple mathematic you learn in elementary school.

I bought twister box for 399 USD and my reseller send me a faulty box which have two serials and can’t be updated. Now to resolve problem I have to pay extra 150 USD shipping costs. This is I call CHEATING. But what is more important: I presume this is not as much about 150 USD – this is total lack of responsibility of “big players of the game” to their customers, us, small players. I always was thinking that someone like Twister Team won’t risk to loose name for small money… I was obviously wrong. Your (I mean Twister Team and resellers) primary goal is only (I mean ONLY) money, which is totally OK if you do fair and responsible business. In this very case Twister Team is behaving like Money Collecting Team, nothing else.

You (Raskal) offer me a help right here couple days ago, and this is it. Verbal support. Nothing more. I suppose you have no time to work on this kind of problems – you are to busy to fight with others “big players” in forum (pointless fights, you people just waist your time and forum space). After all this up to you, but in that case please don’t offer your help.

So I’m CHEATED by my reseller www.gsmtools.net and his supplier/producer in China, and finally by Twister Team which is behind this all business.

I know you all won’t be worried too much about this whole thing because I have no more illusions about your primary intentions, and this thread will vanish from forum soon, but if only one of your potential customers read this and think twice before jump in money collecting machine, I will have a little satisfaction.

@legija,

To be honest, I don’t like your observations in most cases, even if I respect your knowledge and your help in particular. I read many of your posts on this forum - I leave this forum long time ago and reason was too much politics from members with obvious lack of technical and knowledge about GSM. Once again, I like this virtual world because it is totally free for any kind of opinion, and I respect this, so leaving is only my choice. Other people can do and say whatever they want.

Now I must to admit to you – your comment on this very thread is totally at place. I couldn’t agree with you more.
Old 03-20-2004, 23:48   #8 (permalink)
legija

Member:
@Xisix
Man, there is only one thing which is very interested for me. Why did you bought Toster at first place ? Really. You know why i ask this.
Regarding two serial numbers problem, i also have few boxes with same, or simillar fault. Boxes will be replaced free of ANY charge, as far as i know. For people who need to pay one way shipping, we will do something next time when we make deal.

You have bad luck only. This can hapen, it is *****ing life man . . .
Anyway, come back to that forum you left, because there is somekind of order now. Pro guys are joined there, and we will make it very good, but we need experienced members, not only dumbs who wanna flash phones using IRDA .
Keep well, i hope that my old friend Raskal will do something for you. For old times.
Old 03-21-2004, 05:35   #9 (permalink)
Banned

@xisix

Look, i posted here to write me a PM or Email. Did you that? NO

I have no ideea where you bought your Twister from, the page you posted here (www.gsmtools.net) DOES NOT EXIST, but main thing, this reseller, www.gsmtools.net, if exists, he is NOT AN OFFICIAL RESELLER !!! Myabe i am blind, but the reseller list does not show up this ppl as reseller. Have a look:

http://www.centralpark.net.au/twisterresellers.html

The user from this forum gjurobrod have similar problem as you have, he did PM me, i did call him, and he will have his replacemet box at monday or tuesday, depends when dhl arrive there. His box has been REPLACED FREE OF CHARGE !!! We do replace free of charge if it is our mistake, and not only him got an replacement free of charge.
You call me a cheater because you bought from some one wich i don't konw something called Twister where i not even know the serial number?

Sorry mate, i try always help, not only verbal, but some ppl, DON'T WANT HELP.
Old 03-21-2004, 10:48   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@Raskal,
Quote:
I have no ideea where you bought your Twister from, the page you posted here (www.gsmtools.net) DOES NOT EXIST, but main thing, this reseller, www.gsmtools.net, if exists, he is NOT AN OFFICIAL RESELLER !!! Myabe i am blind, but the reseller list does not show up this ppl as reseller.
Something is wrong with your browser, page surely exist, but you're right he is not an official reseller.
Quote:
Look, i posted here to write me a PM or Email. Did you that? NO
Look at few posts before, and read your mail, if you want (it was march 18th).

Be sure that I'm not one of them who don't want help, I'm trying to resolve this s**t almost one month long. But you people respond only when someone raise his voice, and that's sad.

@legija,

Why did I bought "Toster"?
Blah... In my area Nokia is No1, here is almost 70-80% Nokia's phones in use. I wanted to have different tools in case of problems of any kind. In moment of my decision to buy it, I didn't read too many complains about "Toster", except usual problems mostly with bad connections which is trivial. So far I found Saras software better than Griffin (they both have some bugs, but this is software like any other). Box is piece of hardware, more important is software support (ofcourse hardware must to be properly designed).
Look at pointless fight in this forum about 10 to 8 pin converter - I can't beleive someone waist his time trying to proove that converter is reason to declare whole project as a total disaster.
If Twister's opponents have that converter like main argument to fight for, it is only proof that "Toster" is very good product.

What games are behind official scene, I couldn't know; so far I can tell what I see.

Last edited by XisiX; 03-21-2004 at 18:07.
Old 03-21-2004, 11:13   #11 (permalink)
Banned

I can really not acess that page. I am in china, some links are can not be aceesed from here without proxy. I've tried one time that before posting.

I will search for a fast proxy now, and i will have a look. During i will do that, please resend again latest mail wich you sent to me. Just send it to [email protected]

I am sure we can solve the problem very fast, and most important, in the most convenient way for you.

B.R.
Raskal
Old 03-21-2004, 11:23   #12 (permalink)
Banned

@ legija

you know that the pcb is revised and for the future Twisters wich will be shipped soon no need more any adaptor.

Btw, it was for sure not my ideea to use this adaptor, it was Saras ideea and you know this also very well. The ideea of this adaptor is actualy not bad if the quality of cables produced here in china would be good, but that's it and w have to accept this cables. I only reproduce what i get, and this is what i got. Saras is a great guy and he do a very good job.

In fact, i think you are just try to blame Twister for one reason, just to push your sales but you not see that in fact you blame Saras. It's a shame !
Old 03-21-2004, 12:16   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 3097
Thanks Meter: 30
Hi Raskal!

How can I send you PM if your inbox is full?

BR: Mobileman_hu
Old 03-21-2004, 12:50   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 21885
Sonork: 100.58861
Thanks Meter: 14
Thumbs up

Dear XisiX!
I and Raskal decided that i will replace you Twister Box!
So,please drop me a call...and i exchange your box!
Ofcourse,free of charge
Regards!
Roman
+ 385 98 197-8809
Old 03-21-2004, 12:52   #15 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobileman_hu
Hi Raskal!

How can I send you PM if your inbox is full?

BR: Mobileman_hu
okay can send now