GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Hardware Repair

Samsung Hardware Repair Post here your Hardware Repairing Hints or Problems with Samsung Phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 10:52   #1 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 291085
Thanks Meter: 8
D900i display fault

I replaced the Charging block on the D900i, but now the LCD is not displaying.

Any assistance with this problem would be appreciated.

Also very URGENT!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2008, 11:21   #2 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

What is the point of posting a problem if nobody is going to help me!!!
Old 12-06-2008, 01:36   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 553264
Thanks Meter: 594
Same problem. Any solution yet?
The lcd & Flexi are 100% but display is blank. Main board fault.
Old 12-12-2008, 14:24   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 249757
Sonork: 100.1601084
Thanks Meter: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellshack View Post
What is the point of posting a problem if nobody is going to help me!!!
Cos everyone knows you used to much heat on the board and stuffed it up! U'll need the replace that mainboard....
Old 12-13-2008, 08:27   #5 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

I've been repairing phones for the last seven years, so I think that I know what I'm doing. If that is the problem, why has it taken so long for anyone to reply. I have this problem all the time, waiting and waiting for help, but in the end I have to dissapoint my customers, because nobody tells me what the problem is. I have access to plenty af spares and mainboards so I have already replaced the mainboard for the customer, but that is beside the point.
Old 12-14-2008, 16:05   #6 (permalink)

Member: 921945
Sonork: kay
Thanks Meter: 1
Staying in the game 4 a long time dos'nt make a muster,learn 2 accept yo mistakes,u're gud keep on trying.
Old 12-14-2008, 21:33   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
I've been repairing phones for the last seven years, so I think that I know what I'm doing. If that is the problem, why has it taken so long for anyone to reply. I have this problem all the time, waiting and waiting for help, but in the end I have to dissapoint my customers, because nobody tells me what the problem is. I have access to plenty af spares and mainboards so I have already replaced the mainboard for the customer, but that is beside the point.
Really bro? Is that the case?

How about in my situation where the board was never worked on before?
There is no damage on my board that could possibly been caused by overheating.
The flexi & lcd are 100% working because I have already tested with another board. No physical or liquid damage on the phone at all. What do YOU think the problem is, & what wold be the solution?

P.S Before you say software, let me just point out that I have already flashed the phone with good working flash files & eeprom & have made sure that the imei is fine...

At least one person has offered a possible solution to try, here it is:-
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...22&postcount=2
{by birkes}

REGARDS
NAZTY

"DONT GAIN THE WORLD & LOSE YOUR SOUL.....
.....WISDOM IS BETTER THAN SILVER & GOLD"

Last edited by NAZTY; 12-14-2008 at 21:38.
Old 12-14-2008, 21:51   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Demon View Post
Cos everyone knows you used to much heat on the board and stuffed it up! U'll need the replace that mainboard....
@cellshack
Sorry wrong message quoted on above post

My Questions & post is to Speed_Demon

REGARDS
NAZTY

Old 12-14-2008, 22:22   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 268772
Thanks Meter: 102
you need to keep on search for the possible solution.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:18   #10 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZTY View Post
Really bro? Is that the case?
Yes

Quote:
How about in my situation where the board was never worked on before?
There is no damage on my board that could possibly been caused by overheating.
Then how do you explain it?? Its definately overheated.
I know where Cellshack is....I'll get him to send me that board and I'll assess.

Quote:
The flexi & lcd are 100% working because I have already tested with another board. No physical or liquid damage on the phone at all. What do YOU think the problem is, & what wold be the solution?
First of all, learn how to replace a system connector properly. I've replaced hundreds of system conn and never broke a single phone. Tell you what make a video of when u replace the block then I'll make one then you can see how to do it properly. What tools do you have?

Quote:
P.S Before you say software, let me just point out that I have already flashed the phone with good working flash files & eeprom & have made sure that the imei is fine...
Why would I say this is software? You got the phone it was working, you did hardware repair and now phone is not working. definately not software...

Quote:
At least one person has offered a possible solution to try, here it is:-
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/show...22&postcount=2
{by birkes}
Have u tried this??? this is doesnt make any sense! LCD is controlled by main CPU only! Why would u change the power IC if the LCD dont work? And whats liquid on the bluetooth module have to do with the display? Have read the schematics???? Does birkes know how to read schematics??

@cellshack
Send me that board if its not to much trouble.... pm me

No offense intended...

@ NAZTY
Where is your shop if I may ask...
Old 12-15-2008, 23:48   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@Speed_Demon
No offence intended or taken

FYI If you read my post it clearly states "in my situation where the board was never worked on before?"
How then would you explain the board been damaged by overheating?

I donot have a "shop" bro, I have a repair lab that is fully equipped you automatically assume that I am a beginner when in fact I have been in this game for around 12 years & have trained many excellent technicians & still offer advice & support on a daily basis. I am very confident with my ability as a technicain & can reliably & precisely replace a simple connector with ease
The 1st thing I teach my technicians is to identify the problem 100% before offering a solution

I asked for a solution, not a pi$$ing contest & as you read in my other post I have two d900i's with the same fault & there is no liquid, impact or any other vissible damage to the boards, it seems to be a common problem & thats the reason that I asked if anyone had a solution. I am also sure that the cpu is not the "only" component that would effect the display functioning 100% or controlling the lcd, Check your schematics carefully I'm sure you will find the same

Anyway thanks for the reply, When & If I do sort these two phones out I will post the solution, I have purchased both phones from the customers so that I can experiment a bit

Cheers for now...

REGARDS
NAZTY

Old 12-16-2008, 12:34   #12 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 463851
Thanks Meter: 13
Hm...what is the point of suggesting some solution if nobody take it for real...it is not always some software, eeprom or etc solution, and yes, a few more components are responsible for lcd(like video chip or CF).

Cheers,
birkes
The Following User Says Thank You to birkes For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2008, 15:51   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
@Speed_Demon
No offence intended or taken

FYI If you read my post it clearly states "in my situation where the board was never worked on before?"
How then would you explain the board been damaged by overheating?

I donot have a "shop" bro, I have a repair lab that is fully equipped you automatically assume that I am a beginner when in fact I have been in this game for around 12 years & have trained many excellent technicians & still offer advice & support on a daily basis. I am very confident with my ability as a technicain & can reliably & precisely replace a simple connector with ease
The 1st thing I teach my technicians is to identify the problem 100% before offering a solution

I asked for a solution, not a pi$$ing contest & as you read in my other post I have two d900i's with the same fault & there is no liquid, impact or any other vissible damage to the boards, it seems to be a common problem & thats the reason that I asked if anyone had a solution. I am also sure that the cpu is not the "only" component that would effect the display functioning 100% or controlling the lcd, Check your schematics carefully I'm sure you will find the same

Anyway thanks for the reply, When & If I do sort these two phones out I will post the solution, I have purchased both phones from the customers so that I can experiment a bit

Cheers for now...

REGARDS
NAZTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkes View Post
Hm...what is the point of suggesting some solution if nobody take it for real...it is not always some software, eeprom or etc solution, and yes, a few more components are responsible for lcd(like video chip or CF).

Cheers,
birkes

Do me a favour, Take photos under microscope of baseband, power IC, flash, and the area of the system connector and post.... I'd like to have a look at it... (take photos around the above mentioned ICs)
Old 12-17-2008, 10:07   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:

You gonna send me that mainboard??
Old 01-21-2009, 09:54   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 87219
Thanks Meter: 7
under the charging block there is a ic which sometimes moves when installing charging block.just reball and all ok.happened to me many times.