GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Hardware Repair

Samsung Hardware Repair Post here your Hardware Repairing Hints or Problems with Samsung Phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 15:36   #1 (permalink)

Member: 1168608
Thanks Meter: 0
Editing your T9 dictionary: It can be done...

People

Have you, like me, corrupted your T9 dictionary with lots of odd words (like 'wmt' for 'you' etc.) and don't really know how? Have you also scoured the 'net for a remedy only to be told "IT CAN'T BE DONE"? Well it can.

I stumbled across this while trying to get some Java games onto my phone. Part of the process was to download a programme called TkFileExplorer v2.2 (google Javainstall and you will find it near the top). This is an explorer shell that, once your phone is connected, you can see all the directories on your phone. Once your connected go to phone:\user\T9udb and in there you will find a file called t9udb.dat. If you upload that to your computer and open it with notepad you will see a string of text which is very confusing to look at, as it is full of very strange characters, but if you read it carefully you will find the words that you have added in yourself along with the anomalies. What I did is delete them, download it back to the phone, restart it and lo and behold, success! I no longer get 'wmt' for 'you'.

This is just a report of my findings with my Tocco (f480v) and not a recommendation to go fiddling yourself, all done at your own risk of course. With my arse (hopefully) covered I will leave that with you.

Enjoy

Renters