GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Hardware Repair

Samsung Hardware Repair Post here your Hardware Repairing Hints or Problems with Samsung Phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2014, 19:21   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2129056
Thanks Meter: 0
I9505 No baseband hardware problem

Hello, I have Galaxy S4 i9505 and there was problem with IMEI. After doing some research and a lot of reflashing I figured out that it's hardware problem. I dissasebled it and heated with heat gun orange IC from this picture on Step 15 on IFixIt website I9505 teardown. ( Cant attach picture or provide link because of postcount)

After assembly, finally some hope. It showed No SIM inserted and there was my baseband and IMEI. I could finally enter service menu( *#0011#). It worked for a while, until i inserted my SIM card to test network registration. That didn't work, no service icon showed. But after some time I saw there is signal and phone was connected to Mobile Data. It lasted about 5 seconds and after that again no signal. In About->Status, I noticed some crazy data about Signal Strength. Restarted phone and again there was no Baseband and no IMEI. Done reheating several times after that, again same thing. Works for fer seconds then again Baseband Unknown.

I'm asking you for help to solve this problem, sure there are people well experienced with this. We can share our solutions and help each other so we could fix this easy in future. I'm thinking maybe I didn't reflow motherboard enough, I don't have right equipment, only this heat gun. Also I'm thinking that problem is in Skyworks power amplifier module for quad-band GSM/EDGE, that is marked red in picture I provided. Because my battery is draining very fast and Baseband resets after 5 seconds, maybe there is power problems for Radio IC?

Thank you