GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Hardware Repair

Samsung Hardware Repair Post here your Hardware Repairing Hints or Problems with Samsung Phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2017, 14:44   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 997544
Thanks Meter: 71
Samsung note 4 hanging or restarting solution

Hi mate

My note 4 phone is getting restarting and getting hang on,i flashed the phone with latest software still no solution to this.

I dont know it is a hardware issue or not.

If there is any solution for this plz post me with replies.

Thanks
Old 01-11-2017, 16:51   #2 (permalink)
orx
No Life Poster

Member: 1825965
Thanks Meter: 874
Hi
first ceck power switch ..
same problem too me in the past i resolve replacing big power ic S2MPS13B2 after numerous attempts.
I thought it was a nand problem but so it was not.
good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to orx For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2017, 08:03   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 997544
Thanks Meter: 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by orx View Post
Hi
first ceck power switch ..
same problem too me in the past i resolve replacing big power ic S2MPS13B2 after numerous attempts.
I thought it was a nand problem but so it was not.
good luck
can u send me the image of the IC for me plz

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to SYRYA TEL For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2017, 23:30   #4 (permalink)
orx
No Life Poster

Member: 1825965
Thanks Meter: 874
ceck here ....

n910.jpg

n910 2.jpg
The Following User Says Thank You to orx For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2017, 10:42   #5 (permalink)

Member: 2676022
Thanks Meter: 0
hey i was wondering how do u check the power switch, and how do u check the ic, i'm very noob and this is my first time tackling hardware problem trying to not damage anything based on i'm broke as a joke
Old 01-24-2017, 12:44   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 709604
Thanks Meter: 173
try it change battery & check
The Following User Says Thank You to krishna.cell For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2017, 19:10   #7 (permalink)

Member: 2676022
Thanks Meter: 0
i private msg orx with my details and he gave me this for an answer. just thought i would share

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace187
i just posted something in a thread u answered. it was in a note 4 thread. u said to check power switch, i did but not sure if i did it right, there's 4 metal pieces and did put my multi-meter to it for a continuity test. but i dont really know how to know if it's actually connecting or not. and i dont know how to check the ic. i posted this in a thread with no reply from anyone was hoping these details could help u determine what i got, thanks doc.

note 4 model SM-N910W8, been playing a game called vainglory. the note 4 might have not been able to handle it dont know the specs. pretty noobish in everything. was causing my game to overheat. battery life was getting worse and worse, and so was my addiction to the game. it got to the point where the phone had to constantly be plugged in to work. had a message come up where it says, do not turn off target!, thought it was malware or some **** so i took out the battery. message came up couple more times. called samsung they told me to do a factory reset. after that the messaged came up some more. id use the down volume button and power to rest it. phone would lag hard. one time i was playing while plugged in and jus finished my game, got up to go on computer. when i came back to phone, it was under my blanket. and the screen still on, on the games end of match report. and when i touched it it was searingly hot. got 2 new batteries and kept switching between them every use. would get that do not turn off target message from time to time. would lag still. some times it wouldn't turn on and i'd have to take out the battery put it in on an angle and then power it on for it to come. would take more and more attempts to get it to turn on. forgot to mention that if the screen would go off by itself it wouldn't turn back on and id have to take the battery out, dont know if it was dead or jus lagging. now it wont turn on no matter what i do. wouldn't even show battery charging if i plugged it in. i'm pretty broke. and im trying to do this by myself, apart from u guys' help, which is much appreicated. anything from the basics to possible solutions would be much loved. and if not thank you for taking the time to read this.

HI
your problem It could be the power or usb ic .. exclude absolutely the power button.
to test and replace these two components requires experience ..
my advice is to find a laboratory that does this type of repair or buy a new motherboard on aliexpress.
Overheating may also be the CPU a test to as certain that don't there , is necessary always proceeds to steps.
battery > test for short > ceck the board with microscope > usb ic > power ic > nand (internal memory) > cpu
regards
Orlando