GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Hardware Repair

Samsung Hardware Repair Post here your Hardware Repairing Hints or Problems with Samsung Phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2017, 11:04   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2764335
Thanks Meter: 0
Unhappy Samsung S7 Edge G935w8 Damaged, Will Not Turn On.

So the phone took a pretty hard hit to the back via the corner of a table and pretty much bricked it. Upon opening the back it appeared that Capacitor TA7005 took the brunt of the impact and was chipped, no other apparent damage was seen on the board. So this was promptly replaced with parts from a working donor phone and still nothing, no charging led, no connection via usb or even the connection "ding" if the power buttons held down. So I began taking a few readings of voltages both with and without the power button depressed as per the service manual asks.

The basic readings plugged in using a usb to micro usb connection.

Micro USB Voltage 4.91V at PCB connector.

Voltage at PCB battery connector going from the top (camera side) down.
1.5mv ==| |= 1.5mv
45.1mv --| |-- 0
0 ---------| |-- 1.81v
1.962 V =| |= 1.962v

Following the service manual I first I checked the Voltage at R7027 = 0.4mv, 85.2mv(With Power Button Depressed). This seemed low as the donor phone read before 4.33V. So I changed the Power Button still same result.

I continued on to check the following components as per the manual and found there was a voltage reading that was the same both when the power button was held and with an idle connected to battery or micro usb. Which all seem to be well below the requirements. The donor phone read just above all the required values only when the power button was pressed, 0V all other times.

C7014>0.8v 4.4mv
L7002>0.8v 2.2mv
L7008>0.8v 3.6mv
L7010>0.8v 0.5mv
L7012>1.1v 0.3mv
L7014>1.1v 0.4mv
L7015>1.3v 3.7mv
L7016>1.9v 4.1mv
L7017>0.8v 1.5mv
L7018>1.1v 0.2mv

I further inspected Capacitors TA7006 and TA7005 and found both sides to be connected to ground? There were no visible bridges on either side of the board, could the U7000 somehow internally bridged to a ground connection or could a component somewhere else on the board of caused it? Also what would cause the power leakage readings while the power button was not depressed?

I didn't check the signal of Check the signal of AP_PS_HOLD = 1.8 because I don't know what it is asking for exactly. I understand the concept of PS_HOLD as a way of supplying power directly to a component, same in this case as depressing the power key. I just do not know where on the board I can measure this value.

Thanks for any help it is appreciated, I have been at this for awhile now and would like further insight on this matter. I don't want to start ripping out IC's without being fairly certain which one it may be.