GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Hardware Repair

Samsung Hardware Repair Post here your Hardware Repairing Hints or Problems with Samsung Phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2008, 23:20   #1 (permalink)

Member: 847824
Thanks Meter: 1
Samsung U700 cover replacement problem

Hi, first to salute to all "problem solvers" for their great work.

As cover has pealed off on my Samsung U700 I got new cover. After disassembly of my phone I was left with just touch screen part and control wheel (I did it using Service manual). As I didn't have sharp soldering device I just assembled it again and gave up work for now!

Now, do I need to unsolder pins of touch screen to remove cover? Is there easier way to replace just front cover?

Many thanks in advance!
Old 08-28-2008, 19:48   #2 (permalink)

Member: 800255
Thanks Meter: 5
Wink touch module

the touch module is part of the wheel,it can come out,just use a flat,after you put in again in new face take your soldering iron and melt the buts on the face to keep it in tact, its always better to use original faces,they come with the touch pad/wheel already fitted in.....
The Following User Says Thank You to tysson For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2008, 17:05   #3 (permalink)

Member: 854516
Thanks Meter: 0
Hi Amerco,

I am in the process of removing my old cover to replace it with a new one. I am stuck at a point now and don't know how to proceed. I wasn't able to find any instructions for the Samsung U700 on how to remove the cover. From your post you mention that you use the "Service Manual". Where did you find this? Can you please direct me to it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 09-05-2008, 19:17   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tysson View Post
the touch module is part of the wheel,it can come out,just use a flat,after you put in again in new face take your soldering iron and melt the buts on the face to keep it in tact, its always better to use original faces,they come with the touch pad/wheel already fitted in.....
Hi Tysson,

many thanks for your answer and sorry for not replying immediatelly but I read your post, thinking to reply after and I forgot to it . Anyway, I didn't have "solder device" with sharp top and still haven't found (actually put this task on the side due to lack of time to do it), so I'll do it after.

Thanks again.

Best regards.
Old 09-05-2008, 19:23   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by espana23 View Post
Hi Amerco,

I am in the process of removing my old cover to replace it with a new one. I am stuck at a point now and don't know how to proceed. I wasn't able to find any instructions for the Samsung U700 on how to remove the cover. From your post you mention that you use the "Service Manual". Where did you find this? Can you please direct me to it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike,

I have uploaded SM for U700 on rapidshare, and I followed instructions from it and successfully disassembled the phone. I was not sure if final steps with disassembling touch pad module needs to include soldering and as I didn't have tools I gave up for some time and wanted to check if it needs to be done as I thought that it should be easier process when changing cover but apparently it is not that simple .

If you need any more help please let me know.

Link:
http://rapidshare.com/files/142892154/U700_sm.rar.html

Best regards!
The Following User Says Thank You to amerko For This Useful Post:
Old 09-05-2008, 19:42   #6 (permalink)

Hi Amerco,
Thanks for the quick reply. I will take a look at the SM. Thanks for the link!
I am basically stuck at the point where the plastic casing of wires (I don't know the technical name of this, but it's the very flat ribbon like cable casing) is going through one of the pieces of the case and attaches onto the other piece of the case. I don't know how I can dettach this cable case. Hopefully the SM will help.

Thanks again,
Mike
Old 09-05-2008, 20:16   #7 (permalink)

Hi, it is explained in manual and actually you just need to slide the case and there is "wider" hole through which you need to pull it out!

Please let me know if you bought original case with touch pad module or it is just case with and did you have any other problems when replacing touch pad.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2008, 13:06   #8 (permalink)

Hi Amerco,

I am not 100% sure if my case is original or not, but it did not include the touch pad/wheel. According to Tysson's post, it might imply that it's not original.

I gave up on mine. I came across many problems taking in apart that made me believe that I would have issues making the phone work after putting everything back together. Quite a few of the components are glued onto the case (including the wheel mechanism) and after un-gluing them they didn't seem like they were going to fit nicely when placed in the new case. Adding the fact that soldering is required, didn't make up for a good recipe. I hope you have better luck than me. I was very surprised that changing the cover could be so complicated. I was under the impression that changing cell phone covers was somewhat easy. Oh well.

-Mike
Old 09-09-2008, 14:48   #9 (permalink)

Hi Mike,

I had exactly the same experience, except I came all the way through the touch pad wheel but I gave up at the end. maybe, I'll take another try when I have more time, but definitely changing the cover should be easier :-)
Old 12-02-2008, 23:01   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 272581
Thanks Meter: 118
hi guys, i was changing flex cable for u700 for a customer, now the touch pad isnt working but it blinking when i click on the keys but they have no effect, even the wheel buton not workin, any solutions
Old 01-19-2009, 21:49   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 4923
Thanks Meter: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by kachman View Post
hi guys, i was changing flex cable for u700 for a customer, now the touch pad isnt working but it blinking when i click on the keys but they have no effect, even the wheel buton not workin, any solutions
I have same problem.....
solution?
Old 12-21-2010, 14:47   #12 (permalink)

Member: 1473563
The problem is almost with the design of a slide phone. The top part of the phone (the screen) slides up and down over the bottom part, where the bulk of the electronics would be. The two parts obviously need to be connected. A very thin ribbon cable connects the main PCB in the bottom part to the screen in the top part.

samsung phone covers