GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Samsung > Samsung Hardware Repair

Samsung Hardware Repair Post here your Hardware Repairing Hints or Problems with Samsung Phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2008, 06:51   #1 (permalink)

Member: 919307
Thanks Meter: 1
u700 touch pad problem

i have a u700. its been working fine for months, suddenly, my touch keys, wheel, and middle button key will not work when it is slid up. when slid down and unlocked, it works perfectly fine. When i raise it all the way up, it will not work, sometimes if yu wait a little bit it will work, but if yu lower the slide about half a centimeter, the lights on the touch pad turn off. and lower it a little more and the reappear. Other problems is that the screen will sometimes turn black while the phone is on, the colors will invert and the screen will mirror itself, etc. I have tried a reflash, and it doesnt help. Can anyone help me with this problem? is it the flex cable, is a wire loose? hellppp~
Old 12-08-2008, 16:42   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 249757
Sonork: 100.1601084
Thanks Meter: 117
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarangdotcom View Post
i have a u700. its been working fine for months, suddenly, my touch keys, wheel, and middle button key will not work when it is slid up. when slid down and unlocked, it works perfectly fine. When i raise it all the way up, it will not work, sometimes if yu wait a little bit it will work, but if yu lower the slide about half a centimeter, the lights on the touch pad turn off. and lower it a little more and the reappear. Other problems is that the screen will sometimes turn black while the phone is on, the colors will invert and the screen will mirror itself, etc. I have tried a reflash, and it doesnt help. Can anyone help me with this problem? is it the flex cable, is a wire loose? hellppp~
use search.... .................................................. .............................................
Old 12-08-2008, 18:52   #3 (permalink)

Member: 815456
Thanks Meter: 4
Dear Sarangdotcom

Your problem is most definately the flex cable, but if you buy a new flex cable make sure it is good quality because there are alot of sub standard flex cables on the market and it is likely to happen again.
Hope it helps.
Billycool77
The Following User Says Thank You to billycoulson For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2008, 19:08   #4 (permalink)

thank you very much ^^ and i did use the search which is why i suspected the flex cable~ just wasnt sure since the problems were different. especially the screen problem~ it confused me
Old 12-08-2008, 20:00   #5 (permalink)

man the problem gets worse and worse. now my touch pads dont even work cuz i tried the *#2665# touch key software update code. --;
The Following User Says Thank You to sarangdotcom For This Useful Post: