GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Sony Ericsson > Sony Ericsson Hardware Repair

Sony Ericsson Hardware Repair Post here your Hardware Repairing Hints or Problems with SonyEricsson and Sony Phones.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2008, 23:21   #1 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 77613
Thanks Meter: 1
k850 keypad still does not work after replacment

can any of the phone wizards help me here
my girlfriends phone statrted to play up ie when pressing cursor button it would do something entirely different to what was pressed

so i opened it up following some guides
and noticed her keypad membrane flex had split or i was to zeluis to open it and it tore ifso what caused the problem in the first place????
so we got a new keypad membrane from ebay

installed it took care also but now the touchpad does not work any ideas please as we cant start the phone without this feature

also there was a silver peice that came aprt from the phone does anyone know its location
it is a bout 1 inch long flat at one side with a diagonal cut at the other side
with 2 raised peices in centre one bigger than the other in lenght as illustrated in picture

The Following User Says Thank You to wreksta For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2008, 12:59   #2 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 112858
Thanks Meter: 6
I have the same problem as in my touch buttons don,t work, ive installed a new keypad membrane from ebay and still my touch buttons don,t work. I take it they are nothing to do with the screen. or could it be a software fault. ive reflashed the phone but still no joy.
if anyone has a solution it would be much appriciated......
The Following User Says Thank You to mdoignie For This Useful Post:
Old 04-30-2008, 13:59   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 550615
Thanks Meter: 37
K800 Keypad Not Work

Full Flash With Se tool Set 100% Ok Tested By Me
The Following User Says Thank You to gilani4_all For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2008, 13:07   #4 (permalink)
Major Poster

that silver part is the camera buttons backlight cover which goes inside the front housing where the buttons are on the left side (as you look at it inside the front cover). if you look on the other side you will see a similar plastic strip like the one you have shown.

Mike
Old 05-02-2008, 12:35   #5 (permalink)
Major Poster

reflashed my 850i had same problem with keypad touch, then decided to clean the gold touch pads of my new keypad with one of those fibre pens and all working now, so it may help if you give the touch pad a clean to solve the problem of the touch pad not working. you have nothing to loose.