GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Sony Ericsson Hardware Repair (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f261/)
-   -   W200 Insert SIM Solution (Very Simple) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f261/w200-insert-sim-solution-very-simple-648117/)

pablor1977 12-12-2008 20:25

W200 Insert SIM Solution (Very Simple)

3 Attachment(s)
Hello, I was facing this failure today, so I search over the forum and I find this solution.

But it didn't work for me, so I search the schematics for K510, since for W200 I couldn't find it. And I trace back the circuit to the SIM Connector, removing one more capacitor and a zener diode connecting to the SIM VCC, originally this solution removes one capacitor connected to this contact.

But still no solution at all.

So reading the schematics, I find a resistor between the SIM VCC and the SIM DATA conector, while checking the conection between de resistor and the SIM DATA conector I found there was no conectivity at all, then I realize that giving some pressure to the pin the multimeter beeps, then resolder using a 20x magnifier and finally the solution arrives.

Hope can help somebody :)

You can see in the attachment the before and after pictures of the connector.

BR.-

dragosgsm 12-12-2008 23:59

I had faced the same problem on others SonyEricsson phones like k310,k320,w200...
Reballing simreader pins is the first thing to do when dealing whith a SE phone ;)

pablor1977 12-13-2008 02:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragosgsm (Post 3956619)
I had faced the same problem on others SonyEricsson phones like k310,k320,w200...
Reballing simreader pins is the first thing to do when dealing whith a SE phone ;)

Yes that's true!! :D

But the funny thing here (and this is why I post it), is that sometimes you just heat the pcb and think it's already re-soldered, or in some manner you think that may forget about bad soldering.

Or sometimes also, you just don't start the easy (obvious) way hehe

Thanks, BR.-

SAURAB 08-28-2009 19:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by pablor1977 (Post 3956180)
Hello, I was facing this failure today, so I search over the forum and I find this solution.

But it didn't work for me, so I search the schematics for K510, since for W200 I couldn't find it. And I trace back the circuit to the SIM Connector, removing one more capacitor and a zener diode connecting to the SIM VCC, originally this solution removes one capacitor connected to this contact.

But still no solution at all.

So reading the schematics, I find a resistor between the SIM VCC and the SIM DATA conector, while checking the conection between de resistor and the SIM DATA conector I found there was no conectivity at all, then I realize that giving some pressure to the pin the multimeter beeps, then resolder using a 20x magnifier and finally the solution arrives.

Hope can help somebody :)

You can see in the attachment the before and after pictures of the connector.

BR.-

thanks a lot for this