GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > GSMServer Products > Smart-Clip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2007, 21:41   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 304779
Thanks Meter: 5
Motorola C139 (Cingular) unlocking with Smart-Clip

I recieved these instructions to unlock the Moto
C139:
  1. Power off the phone.
  2. Connect the Clip to the phone using RJ45 cable (see pinout schematic below).
  3. Press UNLOCK button.
  4. Press Power button on the phone within 5 seconds after you press UNLOCK button on the Clip. RX/TX leds will blink.
  5. E/G led will glow green on success.*
I have a few questions:
- Do I just 'tap' the power button, or should I hold it down until the phone comes on?
-Does the Smart-Clip need to be connected to the S-card (USB thing)???
-Should a SIM card be in the phone at this time?
-Should the phone charger be plugged in? Does the battery need to be completely full, or will half-full work?
- What does the RJ-45 cable look like? I do not have an RJ-45 labeled cable that came with my smart-clip. Is it the one with a ethernet cable attchment on one end and a headphone-looking one on the other end?
-Is there a troubleshooting guide available?

Old 04-27-2007, 21:53   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 478436
Thanks Meter: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaus06 View Post
I recieved these instructions to unlock the Moto
C139:
  1. Power off the phone.
  2. Connect the Clip to the phone using RJ45 cable (see pinout schematic below).
  3. Press UNLOCK button.
  4. Press Power button on the phone within 5 seconds after you press UNLOCK button on the Clip. RX/TX leds will blink.
  5. E/G led will glow green on success.*
I have a few questions:
- Do I just 'tap' the power button, or should I hold it down until the phone comes on?
-Should a SIM card be in the phone at this time?
-Should the phone charger be plugged in? Does the battery need to be completely full, or will half-full work?
- What does the RJ-45 cable look like? I do not have an RJ-45 labeled cable that came with my smart-clip. Is it the one with a ethernet cable attchment on one end and a headphone-looking one on the other end?
-Is there a troubleshooting guide available?
Do I just 'tap' the power button, or should I hold it down until the phone comes on? = not hold jest tap again agin
-Should a SIM card be in the phone at this time? = not connect s-card no need sim insert
-Should the phone charger be plugged in? Does the battery need to be completely full, or will half-full work?= full or haif no problam
- What does the RJ-45 cable look like? I do not have an RJ-45 labeled cable that came with my smart-clip. Is it the one with a ethernet cable attchment on one end and a headphone-looking one on the other end?= ya ya that cable sure
-Is there a troubleshooting guide available? =No have

Old 04-27-2007, 22:23   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 315127
Thanks Meter: 6
yes just connect phone(switch off position)to powered smartclip. No need to connect to pc. connect phone to smartclip rj45. press smartclip unlock button. immediately tap power on button of phone once. thats it. u can see green light. dont hold power on button of phone. just press once.

Old 04-27-2007, 23:53   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

I am attempting to do what everyone says in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjJoguktCGY

I think I am doing everything correctly. Right???

Before connecting, I have a Red light labeled PWR and a green light labeled E/G. After connecting and tapping the unlock button, The E/G light turns red.
I tapped the power button the phone as quickly as possible, but I still see nothing indicating the phone has become unlocked. No flashing lights whatsover.
When I place a Tmobile Sim card in the phone, it asks for a subsidy code... and it is not 00000000 as someone else said to try.

The way I see it, there are few possibilities:

-I am doing something incorrectly
-The box is defective
-The box needs to be updated somehow
-The Cingular C139 phones can't be unlocked by the Smart-Clip.

Old 04-28-2007, 00:25   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 216515
Thanks Meter: 4
The phone has to start out with the phone OFF. and then press unlock!

Old 04-28-2007, 01:50   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 333359
Thanks Meter: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by klaus06 View Post
I am attempting to do what everyone says in the video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjJoguktCGY

I think I am doing everything correctly. Right???

Before connecting, I have a Red light labeled PWR and a green light labeled E/G. After connecting and tapping the unlock button, The E/G light turns red.
I tapped the power button the phone as quickly as possible, but I still see nothing indicating the phone has become unlocked. No flashing lights whatsover.
When I place a Tmobile Sim card in the phone, it asks for a subsidy code... and it is not 00000000 as someone else said to try.

The way I see it, there are few possibilities:

-I am doing something incorrectly
-The box is defective
-The box needs to be updated somehow
-The Cingular C139 phones can't be unlocked by the Smart-Clip.

Some C139 cannot be Unlock by SC, youre using the right cable. SC havnt discuss what are the supported Versions.

Old 04-28-2007, 20:18   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhick View Post
Some C139 cannot be Unlock by SC, youre using the right cable. SC havnt discuss what are the supported Versions.

Does anyone know if it is possible to unlock the Cingular Wireless C139's with the Smart-Clip??? The version I need to unlock is S/W: V1.0.24

It makes me a bit angry that I cnnot seem to get it to work.

Old 04-28-2007, 20:23   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExTrEmE99 View Post
The phone has to start out with the phone OFF. and then press unlock!
The phone was off in this video.