GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > GSMServer Products > Smart-Clip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 06:21   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 621698
Thanks Meter: 405
Unhappy V3t and K1 after unlocked w/ smartclip, mp3 features doesn't working

Any one had this problem on any motorola after unlock from smartclip the mp3 features is not working it always say " fetures not supported " and it cannot set as a ring tones all the mp3 song that it save on the memory card that use to be in the K1, when I haven't unlock at that time. Please team smartclip I know your box is supposed to unlock a cellphone but for some features are not working after unlocking, it will be hassle for your unlockers because all of our customer complaint after unlocking and some features are not working that is the problem. That will be a back job for us. that we don't know why that happened after unlocking through your product.

Old 11-20-2008, 08:39   #2 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 121052
Sonork: 100.107126
Thanks Meter: 80,766
That sounds really strange. We never had this kind of trouble. Also, i can ensure you that unlock process can not affect MP3 functions. Are you sure that the handset didn't have a trouble with MP3 playback before unlock?
As a solution, i can suggest you the following. Try performing Master Reset and Master Clear. As far as i remember, when setting the ringtone from the memory card, the music file gets copied into the phone's memory. And it may happen that phone's memory is already full, that's why the file can not be copied and used as a ringtone. Please double check and let us know.

Best Regards
GSMServer team

Last edited by GSM_Support; 11-20-2008 at 08:44.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:52   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 239548
Thanks Meter: 2,781
What is your phone's current firmware version?
I can advice you to flash the latest firmware for your region and to see what happens with setting ringtones.

Old 11-21-2008, 10:19   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 239548
Thanks Meter: 2,781
Mymiela0419, In order to be able to set mp3 as a ring tone you must remember the following:

1) Save necessary *.mp3 files at a flash card OR in a phone's memory.

2) It is possible to set mp3 as a ring tone when contact is stored in phone's memory only, not in sim-card. If you want to move contact from Sim-Card to Phone's memory, press View -> Edit -> Store to -> Phone -> Done. Now you will be able to access some additional menu points, like "Additional info", "Adress", "Ringer ID", "Picture" and more.

3) If contact is stored in the phone, then Press View -> Edit -> Ringer ID -> Change -> select necessary *.mp3 ring tone from the list of available ring tones -> Press "Select" -> And don't forget to press "DONE". Congratulations! You're now able to use mp3 features in phone book!

And it's clear that unlock process can not affect MP3 functions