GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > GSMServer Products > Smart-Clip

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2008, 11:17   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 789089
Sonork: 100.1617***
Thanks Meter: 267
Exclamation Wanna buy a second hand smart clip..suggestions

Hi guys,

One of my friend wants to sell his smartclip.... however he had also given out i to another friend of his who was using it with a S-card..... now the thing i want to know is this...

Q1) If i buy it off him...am i be able to update it and use another S-card on it..if so how...if not Why?

Q2) If i do buy it its more then a year old..is it worth the hassle or am i better off buying a new one?

Q3) The serial number of the smart clip is worn off...i am not able to see it..in case i need to register it again....i need that too i guess how to acquire the same?

Plz support ans me as soon as possible

thanks in advance

Frenzy

Old 11-10-2008, 09:21   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 229997
Thanks Meter: 636
@ Frenzy_2020,

Quote:
If i buy it off him...am i be able to update it and use another S-card on it..if so how...if not Why?
To be able to use old Smart-Clip with the new S-Card please contact support[at]smart-clip.com
In letter specify such information:
1. Serial number of the Smart-Clip
2. Serial number of the Old S-Card
3. Serial number of the New S-Card
4. Explain what had happened with an old one.

P.S. In such case old S-Card serial number will be blocked and could not be used anymore.

Quote:
If i do buy it its more then a year old..is it worth the hassle or am i better off buying a new one?
Each person decides for himself. Also, with the new Smart-Clip you have 180 days of the warranty cover, one year of the free access to the boot-loader.com, complete set of the cables and Smart Adaptor, that allows to connect Smart-Clip to the USB port of the PC. More detailed information about Smart-Clip full set can be found here.

Quote:
Q3) The serial number of the smart clip is worn off...i am not able to see it..in case i need to register it again....i need that too i guess how to acquire the same?
Try to update Smart-Clip, serial number will be read by the update zone.

Best Regards
Smart-clip team
www.smart-clip.com
www.scoutdongle.com
www.GsmServer.com
www.boot-loader.com
www.smart-unlocker.com

Last edited by GSM_Support; 11-10-2008 at 11:48.