GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > NEC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2004, 13:52   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 50713
Thanks Meter: 0
Could this be the end of unlocking in the UK?

http://www.mobiletoday.co.uk/artman/...cle_1205.shtml

Could start an avalanche of cases bought forward by manufacturers.

Let's hope not.......
Old 12-19-2004, 14:01   #2 (permalink)
DMD
No Life Poster

Member: 12660
Thanks Meter: 7
Not too cool at all

Luckily I'm not in the UK but like everything else it will start here eventually

Regards D.
Old 12-19-2004, 14:09   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 15837
Thanks Meter: 2
NEC are just bitter, they aint recieving nothing from me if I get the e-mail bar a letter from my solicitor as its not illegal to unlock mobile phones and its not breaching any of there copyright so they can stick there e-mail where the sun dont shine
Old 12-19-2004, 14:34   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 10730
Quote:
Originally Posted by fonetech
NEC are just bitter, they aint recieving nothing from me if I get the e-mail bar a letter from my solicitor as its not illegal to unlock mobile phones and its not breaching any of there copyright so they can stick there e-mail where the sun dont shine
Too right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2004, 14:36   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 50713
Quote:
NEC are just bitter
I think 3 is the bitter party here, NEC are just acting on 3's orders.
Old 12-19-2004, 14:55   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 37735
Sonork: 100.103255
Thanks Meter: 205
Donate money to this user
Very bad, specially the UK based Unlockers.

Salam
Old 12-19-2004, 15:09   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 92770
Thanks Meter: 1
Hasn't that link been posted here somewhere before?
Or was it somewhere else..

Anyway you can't blame that article, & in a way as long as unlocking developers who sell there products to us unlockers & it doesn't break any infringement, nothing to worry about as far as I can see.
Old 12-19-2004, 16:12   #8 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1169
Thanks Meter: 59
Quote:

Here Here

They tried a selling ploy and got bit right on the ***.Thats life. no good crying about it now.

Old 12-19-2004, 16:38   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 15837
Thanks Meter: 2
I would love to be a fly on the wall when they checked there figures

NEC units sold = 576,000
New 3G Pay As You Go Customers = 4
Money Lost = Mucho Casho

If they concentrated on sorting out there crap coverage and there stupid PAYG plan instead of paying huge amounts to solicitors who havent got a case and stupid adverts that just annoy people !!!

3G are a company who a destined to lose money, they have from the start and will continue to do so until they have a major change
Old 12-19-2004, 17:22   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 12578
Thanks Meter: 60
It will not stop unlocking in UK.

Quite simply because it is NOT illegal to unlock a handset, and NEC & 3G are just pissed off because they subsidised the NEC handsets and now that people are unlocking them and box-splitting, they cannot recoup costing on them through 3G network top-ups!!

If they try to make unlocking illegal in UK, it will be 3G that will lose out because many people want handsets but not the network because it is still very poor reception in a lot of area's and it will surely be their downfall......but it will not and cannot happen!!

The network operators make around millions each year from unlocking their own handsets, and to stop would also mean customers would not be able to port numbers across to other networks which will lose them revenue too!!

3G & NEC are playing a very dangwerous game and I can can imagine that other network operators will be shaking thjeir heads over this qhole fiasco.......end of the day, it was their decision to release a £150 handset for £30 - WHAT DO THEY EXPECT????
Old 12-19-2004, 19:10   #11 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 14045
here here, i agree totaly with yeldar 100%
Old 12-20-2004, 01:09   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 5243
Thanks Meter: 80
Yawn old news....

Also agree with Yeldar tho!
Old 12-20-2004, 01:14   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 1169
Thanks Meter: 59
3G

now means

3Grand

this is how much they lose per minute because of bad reception and even worse talktime plans

Mr Hutchinson should have stuck with Orange
Old 12-20-2004, 06:51   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 37735
Sonork: 100.103255
Thanks Meter: 205
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeldar
It will not stop unlocking in UK.

Quite simply because it is NOT illegal to unlock a handset, and NEC & 3G are just pissed off because they subsidised the NEC handsets and now that people are unlocking them and box-splitting, they cannot recoup costing on them through 3G network top-ups!!

If they try to make unlocking illegal in UK, it will be 3G that will lose out because many people want handsets but not the network because it is still very poor reception in a lot of area's and it will surely be their downfall......but it will not and cannot happen!!

The network operators make around millions each year from unlocking their own handsets, and to stop would also mean customers would not be able to port numbers across to other networks which will lose them revenue too!!

3G & NEC are playing a very dangwerous game and I can can imagine that other network operators will be shaking thjeir heads over this qhole fiasco.......end of the day, it was their decision to release a £150 handset for £30 - WHAT DO THEY EXPECT????
You made it clear.

They will be the Loosers.

Salam
Old 12-20-2004, 09:01   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 122726
Thanks Meter: 1
Unlocking will not stop in the UK .

The current action of NEC and "3" in the uk will eventually separate the men from the boys cos when the going get tough the tough gets going.

In actual fact it is three that is trying to spoil business for everybody by selling an handset worth about 500pound for 45pound expecting user to stay stuck with them for up to 12 months in this information age.(bad business strategy)

I think smart unlockers in the uk should think up a way of protecting their business from this recurring harrasement from this operators who keep looking for ways of keeping people hostage to their networks.

Tell NEC good that product will keep their customer coming back. And to "3" that good services and better reception will cause their customers to stick with them ,not tricks and coding.