GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > TOTAL MultiServer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 23:44   #1 (permalink)

Member: 185508
Thanks Meter: 0
Thumbs down TMS? Be sure before you do anything

I know that many of you might have had a positive experience, but some of you might not. This is just to share with you my experience. You can read my previous posts but this is how it went and ended:

The bits sent by Totalmultiserver were somehow faulty and made my phone unusable/damaged, I got a "success" msg after the first unlock and then the phone was GONE! The seller gave up in providing help and NEVER answered to my technical questions. He gave me credits to flash (and I did it with success) but nothing changed. I have been waiting an answer to my last email for one more week before opening this new thread (my last one here).

So the extra credits given by the seller were useless because of the lack of technical help (either from the seller or from the developers). The damage I got was both for the time spent (days, not hours!!) and for the money (103,90 euros) I had to pay on eBay for buying a new phone plus the 40 euros paid for cable and credits!!!

I'm VERY disappointed 'cause I think the phone is recoverable!

I've seen on eBay others who don't sell this unreliable and expensive system of the credits (btw in TMS credits are decreased BEFORE the successful ending of an upload).

So what may I say at the end: thanks to TMS for their professionality and care about customers and be sure of what you do before you spend your money! There is no money-back guarantee for all this!!!

Have a good day.
Old 10-17-2005, 20:22   #2 (permalink)

Member: 151663
Thanks Meter: 1
Did your post above solve your problem now? If not..

I am willing to offer some technical assistance as long as you provide very detailed explanations of both your problems and procedure you took to flash/damage your handset. Given the success rates of the TMS and other remote service software, most problems can be isolated to operator error -OR- software bugs.

1. Which software client revision did you use to damage your phone?
2. Please provide hardware details including operating system, and type of cable used.

We can start from here.
Old 10-18-2005, 16:09   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for caring about my problem. Here some details:
I used the latest TMS version 1.88, a trusted cable bought from a TMS reseller here in Italy (www.tuttoericsson.com), and bought the credits from Totalmultiserver.com.
The PCs used where at first a P5 (AsusMB, 3Ghz, 1GBRam, XP SP2)
then a P4 (AsusMB, 2,8Ghz, 512MbRam, XP MCE).

The first unlock (on the first PC) seemed to work fine, got the success msg both on the cable test and on the unlock, but the phone stopped accepting ANY sim card (both a 64K brand new Vodafone, 128K brand new TIM, and an older 64K Wind sim). BTW the phone is a T637 coming from Peru that was working on 1900Mhz with TIM Peru' operator.

Any further test were useless as nothing ever changed: I tried a second unlock (again successful) on the same pc, then started to have some faulty msgs about the serial connection and moved to the second PC where I even tried a complete flash of the phone (TMS said it was successful!). Nothing changed. I waited some days for technical help and then tried a GDFS upgrade wondering if it might have helped somehow.
In the GDFS upload had error 0x002650, sent the files both to the reseller and the address provided in TMS to ask what might have happened but nobody answered.
I already bought a new phone for my friend but still hope to recover this one, as it might be just a matter of flash codes, so many thanks for your interest and for ANY help you might give.

Regards,
V.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:28   #4 (permalink)

Member: 27266
Did you choose the correct phone from the pulldown list? There also might be a bug from within the software client.
Old 10-19-2005, 05:37   #5 (permalink)

@virgus,

Please do me a favor and enter the special service menu for your phone by powering it on and then entering the following joystick and keypress sequence.

<right> * <left> <left> * <left> *
"Service Info"
"Configuration"

Please reply with the bottom two lines, eg. (GSM900 GSM1800 GSM1900 on a T630).

I am suspecting that your bandlock was reset incorrectly after the unlock procedure which may result in only GSM900 or GSM850 being shown and supported by your phone at this time.

On your phone screen, are you getting an "Incorrect SIM" or "No Network" message?

The first would indicate that the security entries would need to be rewritten to your phone. The second would indicate incorrect bandlock settings.

Awaiting your reply.
Old 10-21-2005, 13:38   #6 (permalink)

Hi, MANY MANY THANKS for your reply!

I just entered the Service Info Configuration and all the bands are showing having GSM850 GSM1900 GSM1800 on the two bottom rows so the bandlock seems to be OK.

In the Simlock menu I also have all zeros and all locks are closed while on the screen I still have "Insert Correct SIM card" which was previously written in spanish (I guess it changed as I entered the Service Configuration).

So as you suggested, how can I have the security entries rewritten?

Kind regards,
V.

Last edited by virgus; 10-21-2005 at 20:43.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:11   #7 (permalink)

virgus,

The SIM lock menu indicates that you indeed need to have the security zone on your phone rewritten. I am unsure how you can achieve this with TMS. A full GDFS file might be available to rewrite/reset the current security area--ask your reseller. I am in the US and could do this for you free of charge if you were to send the phone to me. In this case, I would recommend only mailing the mainboard (open the phone casing and remove the mainboard) so you don't have too many problems with customs and tariffs. If you can find someone local, it might be best to use that route. Your phone is not dead by any means, all it needs is a 1 minute repair.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:34   #8 (permalink)

Thanks again, I imagined something like that, this is why I was so upset about TMS staff not helping/caring! BTW I must thank them that at least I had money refunds for the credits. About the phone I might come to US in a couple of months ond/or ship the mainboard to you but saw a Dongle cable sold in Germany through ebay that could be used for flashing usign DIVUSB as software. Do you think that might work?
I'm not trusting TMS after so many errors (the last one with GDFS flashing try). Hope to read from you soon, thank you again. Really!

Virgus.
Old 10-25-2005, 19:58   #9 (permalink)

virgus,

I am an official reseller for TMS credits and I try to help those with problems. There will always be problems since there are some variables that we cannot control such as the software loaded onto a computer, their internet connection, cable quality, coordinates of the moon, etc. The other resellers that are in this forum are very qualified to help troubleshoot *common* problems, but yours in particular is not common by any means. Just to make sure, I re-locked (2) T630 and (1) T637 handsets and used TMS to unlock them directly.

All phones were unlocked without incident--TMS works just as advertised. When there are problems that are acknowledged, the TMS development staff will release a fixed version almost immediately. Just look at the number of revisions that TMS has gone thru the past few months adding features and repairing problems--they do work extremely hard to make things right. I am not pointing the finger at you, but please understand that this forum is dedicated to TMS support (not sales), and making derogatory comments about the TMS staff will not get you too far with regards to support related questions.

You may execute the search function in the Sony Ericsson section to find out more information about DIV and its functions, I do not believe that this is the proper area to discuss such a topic. Sorry.

I sincerely wish you all the best. If you are in the US and wish to have me repair your T637, please send me email - [email protected] (copy/paste the contents of this post in your email)
Old 10-25-2005, 23:20   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for your prompt reply,
I feel better knowing that you're one of TMS staff, from my point of view not knowing this information and having been left with no answers for a long time before your "rescue" led me to think there was a lack of attention towards customers by the technical support. So, it's good to know that I was wrong definitely. Maybe sometimes it's just a matter of time, but you can imagine how unhappy I was when I spent more than 100 euros for a new phone for my friend....
Anyway I have already the cable (and am really unwilling to test other systems) so knowing from your words that I can trust TMS I will try it again.

To your opinion should I try another unlock? or another GDFS flash? In the latter case I had error 0x002650 on my previous try using version 1.88 of TMS, can you tell what kind of error it is by the code?
Or maybe last TMS version fixed something, and this time everything will be fine... (crossing my fingers)

Awaiting your advise before proceeding,
always gratefully,
V.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:25   #11 (permalink)

Member: 93333
Global Mobility:

Where can one get list of error code for TMS. I tried to unlock V800 CID (Chinese Lang.) and to upgrade to Z800 . I got wrong gdfs answer:86 Error code:0x002B42 what does that mean ?