GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > NSPRO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2014, 22:46   #1 (permalink)

Member: 2210238
Thanks Meter: 2
Unhappy Bricked I9505 after firmware downgrade

Hello all, this is my 1st post.. if I'm doing things wrong according to forum rules then I apologise for that..

Here is my problem,

I have a I9505 which was running 4.4.2 (was originally 4.3 when it came to me) the phone had baseband unknown along with imie = null

I have been reading through the many posts and threads regarding this issue, tried restoring the efs etc etc, all with no luck, couldn't seem to get the nspro box working with the phone as I was also instructed to use the uart cable and not a normal usb lead, so after realising the box only spoke to the phone via normal usb I finally got the box working

I have the original imei so thought I would try rewriting the imei, the box checked for root and then displayed resetting the imei but after restarting the phone it was stuck on searching for phone and repeats that over and over

I then read that I will have to use the 4.3 firmware that was originally on the phone when i'm suspecting the baseband and imei were lost, read that the 4.3 from support section is needed for unlocking so I downloaded that, flashed it (attempted to flash it), the phone then restarted and now it appears to be bricked, no download mode, nothing, phone just displays the grey charging sign when usb lead plugged in and goes no further

Is there anything I can do to resolve this, suspecting the only fix now will be a jtag, anyone have any ideas ?
Old 08-25-2014, 23:31   #2 (permalink)

ok,.. i panicked a little too early, I was able to get into odin mode after pulling the battery and leaving it, so the phone is not bricked ...

I tried to flash the 4.3 from support area again and there was a problem which i didn't see before, couldn't finish flashing so obviously that's why it had problems, is it possible to downgrade firmwares from 4.4.2 back to 4.3 ?.. or is there something wrong with the firmware I was attempting to flash ?
Old 08-26-2014, 20:12   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1564612
Thanks Meter: 12,343
Donate money to this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by itchytr1gga View Post
ok,.. i panicked a little too early, I was able to get into odin mode after pulling the battery and leaving it, so the phone is not bricked ...

I tried to flash the 4.3 from support area again and there was a problem which i didn't see before, couldn't finish flashing so obviously that's why it had problems, is it possible to downgrade firmwares from 4.4.2 back to 4.3 ?.. or is there something wrong with the firmware I was attempting to flash ?
NO ABSOLUTE, you cannot downgrade 4.4.2 to 4.3

Regards
allumts
Old 08-27-2014, 14:14   #4 (permalink)

thanks for that, does it matter then that the efs folder became corrupt when it was 4.3 and i'm trying to restore it through 4.4.2,. also, if the folder is corrupt, i'm guessing backing up and restoring it is the wrong move ?
Old 08-27-2014, 18:20   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
thanks for that, does it matter then that the efs folder became corrupt when it was 4.3 and i'm trying to restore it through 4.4.2,. also, if the folder is corrupt, i'm guessing backing up and restoring it is the wrong move ?
Flash again the fw that had first of Brick, vers. 4.4.2 and will be restored also Imei and BB, if imei is restored to Defaul: 0044XXX then try to repair or if have NV Bkp write back it.

NEVER DOWNGRADE from 4.4.2 to 4.3, result have just seen,

Br
allumts
Old 08-27-2014, 21:37   #6 (permalink)

I have flashed back the 4.4.2 fw, all working perfect,.. and as before imei = null, baseband = unknown

I read in the forum that flashing a known working efs folder from a same model would fix the above problem, I have tried that, sorry to say it didn't work

Tried backing up NV items off fully working I9505 and operation keeps failing
Old 08-27-2014, 21:51   #7 (permalink)

Broken imei/baseband phone backs up nv items (only 2bytes)

But fails every time on fully working I9505 ?
Old 08-29-2014, 19:04   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@itchytr1gga,
Quote:
I read in the forum that flashing a known working efs folder from a same model would fix the above problem
NO absolute, it's not working in this mode, when READ in forum, please READ good.
You can flash only you Bkp EFS of this phone no other same phone, or make EFS repair, but Ns Pro not have this function, so unique thinghs with Ns Pro is BKP of NV always first of any operation, from BKP sw tabulate.
Quote:
Broken imei/baseband phone backs up nv items (only 2bytes)
Obvius for sure you not have done Manually BKP of NV from Sw tabulate, becouse this is almoust 20MB of bkp, open all tabulate of sw first of any operaction if not know good this Box.

Br
Old 08-30-2014, 13:37   #9 (permalink)

So it would seem the nv is all messed up, only backing up 2 bytes...

Is there anything I can do to sort this, jtag perhaps ?
Old 08-30-2014, 17:19   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
So it would seem the nv is all messed up, only backing up 2 bytes...

Is there anything I can do to sort this, jtag perhaps ?
If use JTAG with Alive device risk of damage this.

Can use Full Flash via Jtag if you know what are you doing.

I think that you can solve easy writing a good Clean EFS, any box that support EFS Repair w/o any Jtag that is good only for dead devices
Old 08-30-2014, 17:49   #11 (permalink)

ok, what would you recommend, z3x ?

I have already flashed the efs off that other working phone, have I knackered my chances of repairing the original data by doing that ?