GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2005, 19:33   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 91102
Thanks Meter: 34
Error On X300

HI
I HAVE TRIED TO UNLOCK A X300 AND THIS IS WHAT IGET
COM14 ready
Current device: X300
Checking data, wait...
Boot...
Press Power button now !
Connecting, wait...
Err: wrong answer1: 6184
Boot Fail
Finished
Remove/Install battery now !
Time used: 6 sec
Checking data, wait...
Boot...
Press Power button now !
Connecting, wait...
Err: wrong answer1: 2449
Boot Fail
Finished
Time used: 5 sec
BR
Old 05-06-2005, 19:45   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

HI
UNLOCKING PROBLEM IS SORTED BUT THE LANGUAGE IS CHANGED IN TO CHINEESE AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND A F************** WORD
IS THERE A WAY TO SET BACK TO ENGLISH
HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED
Log opened: [06/05/2005] [19:34:33]
App: C:\Documents and Settings\New User\Desktop\UNLOCKINGSOFTWARE\INFINTY\infinitybox \GD55_G5x_G70_A100_X300_v114\GD55_G5x_G70_A100_X30 0_v114.exe
[Infinity Box] v.1.14ALoading, wait...
S/N: xxxxxxx
Wait...
Current device: X300
Done
Checking data, wait...
Boot...
Press Power button now !
Connecting, wait...
Boot Done
Parameters...
Parameters Done
Check Boot block...
Check Boot block Done
Check space...
Check space Done
Check Flash...
FLASH: 98:0074
Check Flash Done
Check parameters...
Check parameters Done
Erasing...
Erasing Done
Writing...
Exiting...
Writing Done
Finished
Time used: 43 sec
BR

Last edited by chowdary; 05-07-2005 at 08:02.
Old 05-06-2005, 19:56   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I THINK INFINITY TEAM SHOULD DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT ASAP.
BECAUSE ALL I CAN SEE IS TWO LANGUAGES IN LANGUAGE SETTING
NOT GOOD ATALL
AND EACH TIME I DO THE DEFAULT SETTINGS, IT GOES TO CHINEESE OR WHATEVER DEFAULT LANGUAGE IS
NEED AN URGENT SOLUTION
BR
Old 05-06-2005, 20:16   #4 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
Hello !

TOP URGENT solution: flash phone with other (non Chinese) MAIN+LP+MAP flash files.

Detailed description:

1. Chinese words is absolutely not F****** words, but really great and easy to understand words. Just need to get some knowledge in Chinese language and you will see how this language is beautiful.

2. If you need in phone other languages than Chinese, just flash phone (MAIN+LP+MAP) with other flash files (pls check Flash Files description from support area to select correct flash).

3. If you need Chinese language in X300 and you have flashed X300 with Chinese LP/MAP and then make "Reset defaults" then it's normal situation that you see Chinese language as a default language.
This happen because each LP/MAP has "default language" settings inside it and this default language (in your case: Chinese) become active language after you reset phone settings to defaults.
I think it will be very strange if Chinese people have to try to understand "strange English" words when they buy Chinese phone and make first Power-On try.

So, please, use other flash files and you will be really satisfied with results.

Waiting for your reply with results.

B.R.
InfinitySupport
Old 05-06-2005, 20:23   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Thumbs down

I Bought The Infinity Box To Unlock Not To Mess About With Languages And I Don't Think I Will Ever Unlock Another X300 With Infinty Box As It Messes The Whole Phone Up
Or I Might Have To Hire A Translator To Put The Language Back To English
What A Poor Solution For X300
It Means After Every Unlock I Got To Flash The Phone Too Bring It Back To Normal, Wow.. What A Great Solution
Old 05-06-2005, 20:48   #6 (permalink)
Product Manager

Hello !

If you want to get REALLY working phone after unlock it is need to make system reset.

If you still have problems with Chinese language in menu after unlock, here is steps how to return English language after reset user settings:
1. Make unlock
2. Insert SIM card
3. Power-On phone, you will see message in Chinese. Phone ask you about PIN code.
4. Enter PIN code and press "#" key (to avoid troubles with Chinese language selection in menu "Ok/Cancel".
5. Wait until startup logo disappeared
6. Press left upper button once
7. Press left upper button once again
8. Press arrow down 3 (three) times
9. Press left upper button once
10. Press arrow down once
11. Press left upper button once
12. Press upper arrow button one or 2 times to move highlite to second row from up
13. Press left upper button once
14. Now you will see message "Language is set to: English"

Also, every time when you flash/unlock/reset any phone (Panasonic, Motorola or any other brand) it's good idea to check what languages inside this phone and check steps to return language to English back (like you see above).

B.R.
InfinitySupport
Old 05-06-2005, 21:00   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

thanks for your reply anyway.
i am just flashing it now, it is half way through now and i hope it will be ok. i hope that i am not going to end up with a dead phone.
it was a good explanation,
but do i also have to explain to customers when i unlock their phone?
i don't think that they will like the idea of every time if they need to reset the phone it will be change into chineese , and this has putt me off from x300 unlock with infinity, and i don't want to sit half of an hour after unlock to flash it
br
Old 05-06-2005, 21:19   #8 (permalink)
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by chowdary
thanks for your reply anyway.
i am just flashing it now, it is half way through now and i hope it will be ok. i hope that i am not going to end up with a dead phone.
it was a good explanation,
but do i also have to explain to customers when i unlock their phone?
i don't think that they will like the idea of every time if they need to reset the phone it will be change into chineese , and this has putt me off from x300 unlock with infinity, and i don't want to sit half of an hour after unlock to flash it
br
Hello !

There are several ways to solve this problem:

1. Make unlock, then make (even with closed eyes possible) steps that we described above (go to menu and select English language).

2. In next software release we can remove "Reset defaults" option during unlock, but who know what customers say to you after this "improvement".
HINT: Our programmers has many years (really, many years, not months or days) experience in mobile-phones technology and they know what to do to get good results. If they think that it is better to make "system reset" after unlock this means that it will be good for your phone (and finally for your future relation with your satisfied customers) to make this thing.
Also, I think that it's not so big price for really-working-phone-after-unlock: press several buttons on phone with closed eyes to return language back to English.

3. Flash phone with language set for your region. In this case you will get after flashing clear phone, w/o any Chinese customization.

B.R.
InfinitySupport
Old 05-06-2005, 21:44   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

phone flashed ok
language back to normal
i will say that it is good support for infity
but i will also say that it is not a good solutionn for x300

thanks anyway
br
Old 05-06-2005, 21:58   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

hi
like u said that in next update u will remove that system reset option.
i hope that will solve the problem
there wouldn't be any problem if it doesn't set chineese as default language and customers can't even notice then
but every time if they reset the phone and language goe in chineese then they will be nocking on my door and i will be nocking on your door
THERE IS NO DOUBT, I LOVE MY INFINITY BOX JUST FOR SIMPLE FACT THAT IT DOES X70'S AND NEC101
but i will be glad if x300 problems gets sorted
thanks for your support anyway
AND ALSO U ARE THE ONLY FASTEST REPLYER IN THIS FORUM
BR
Old 05-06-2005, 23:27   #11 (permalink)
Product Manager

Hello !

Really, I have to be very patient. And today I was...
Also, I really respect all Infinity-Box users, not depends on their mobile-unlocking experience.

Also, in future I'll make all that depends on me to help other people to solve their problems with Infinity-Box.

Also, from my side, I want to ask Infinity-Box users to respect big experience and knowledges of our programmers. And for sure, if we say "this will be better for your phone" you can beleive us: it will be better.

Also, about our software improvement (in x300 unlock):
I sad only that "we can remove". This not means "will be removed for sure".
Reason: I don't want that users knock to my (and yours too) door with words "what's happen with my lovely mobile, why it's so buggy after unlock".

I tell again: it will be better for future stable and correct phone operation to MAKE system reset during unlock process.

Small rule:
Chinese phone have to have Chinese language by default.
(c) Panasonic Mobile

B.R.
InfinitySupport

P.S.
Small story, for good dreams today:

One man don't know any word in Chinese language, but he has mobile phone with Chinese language inside. He asked many mobile service centers over the World, but nobody can install into his phone rare MyLanguage. Then this man send letter to Panasonic Mobile and ask them: "What are you doing, dear friends ? Why you set Chinese language in Chinese phones by default ? Really, it's not good. Let's set MyLanguage by default (not depends on phone firmware and country) and all MyLanguage-speaking people will be happy, but rest people... maybe they will be happy too and they can study some new words in MyLanguage too."

Several days after this, he received reply from this famous company (they really respect his customers):

"Yea... we will make this changes in nearest YourPhone firmware release with big pleasure. Because Chinese people must learn MyLanguage ! And for all European firmwares we will make Chinese language by default, to give our European friends possibility to study Chinese a bit ! World is so big, so let's Chinese people speak English, Europeans let's speak Chinese, and we (famous Panasonic company) will make our best to make people more close each other. So, let's World will be one for all ! Peace for all !"
Old 05-07-2005, 08:08   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

oh by the way i was talking about UK TMOBILE X300 NOT A CHINEESE X300
and the default language was english not chineese my friend
any way problem sorted after flashing
i will try one x300 and i will see how it goes
br
Old 05-07-2005, 09:23   #13 (permalink)
Product Manager

Hello !

Really, glad to hear that problem sorted.

Also, if you will be near UK TMOBILE office (no need to go there especially to do that, but if you will have free time...), just open the door and say "Hello, my dear Chinese partners !". Im sure they will be glad to hear something like this.
If they sell in UK mobiles with Chinese language inside then I can imagine only 3 things:
1. They are Chinese people
2. They are very smart people and they can speak Chinese much better than I can speak English.
3. They are so lazy (or maybe busy) and they don't have enough time to install European language set in his mobiles.
In first 2 cases - my big respect to UK TMOBILE Team !
In last case: you can offer them several Infinity-Box sets by reasonable price and Im sure you can get good profit by this deal.

B.R.
InfinitySupport
Old 11-05-2006, 16:28   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 252201
Thanks Meter: 148
I also experienced the same problem when i reset the phone because it displayed panasonic hang. Cannot be fixed with codes. So i try resetting. It done succesfully but the languange turned into chinese.

What i did was a trial and error method. Just recalling the logo on the phone setting because it cant be change irrespective of language. After a more than 30 minutes, i did it.

Is there any a direct code to return to english lang just like with lg ang alcatel aside from the mentioned by the infinity support?
Old 11-05-2006, 21:53   #15 (permalink)
Product Manager

Hi,

I am not sure but you can try:
*#0000#
*#0044#

also, you can write non-Chinese MAP file in phone and make reset again. After this operation phone default language must be the same as in MAP file was set by default.