GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 13:29   #1 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 800178
Thanks Meter: 1
Exclamation Help with cables, no schematics question!!!

Hello masters, i have Infinity box just recently buyit.

Got a few problems because some cables are not with the set. And also, canīt be found here in South America.

So, the fact itīs that to solve this kind of problems i MUST learn how to make my own cables, for this and another boxes.

Iīve seen everywhere the schematics, like this ones in this post, bu t i canīt understand the info. Iīve got NO elechtronic knowledge and this could be a pain in the a** sometimes.

So, cable is not there ( c300 for pantech pg 3210 ) but iīvr got the USB one.

So, i cut it, looking it very carefully, and got MORE desconcert.

I made a few tryes:

- Try to Understand wich connector is ONE ( this cable got 24 pins, starting from where is ONE ? )

- Guessing wich ones are, make a couple of rj45 tests. In both cases, leds of RX and TX of the box really works hard, but never get phone connected.

USB cable got 24 pins i say: correct.
Got only 7 solded cables tru pins. And 2 "bridges" made with short cables from one side to another of the circuit. ???????

Wich one of those are RX And TX, how can i identify it?

Really, wich cables go to the rj45 connector? only 2: RX and TX? what happend with all others? Should i eliminate them?

Ey man, sorry about my bad english. At this point, better some photos to understand tahn more schematics, boys.

So, if you can help, i ve very happy and gratefull to you. Waiting.....

P.S.: this is the info about pinout of this particular cable:

=== DATA MODE ===

keyboard top
3: connect to phone pin 4
4: connect to phone pin 3
10: Phone Rx (RJ-45 pin-2)
11: Phone Tx (RJ-45 pin-3)
24: Gnd
In this case i got NO IDEA what we are talking about.....

=== GPRS MODE ===

keyboard top
1.........24 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< which one is 1 and which one is 13?????
12: Phone Tx (RJ-45 pin-3)
15: Phone Rx (RJ-45 pin-2)
24: Gnd<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< should i do something with this????????
Old 09-23-2008, 13:54   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 570093
Thanks Meter: 1,067
bro why do u take much headach just buy infinity pinfinder and your most problems with cables will be solve.
Old 09-23-2008, 15:06   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 88701
Thanks Meter: 381
Yes...Infinity should have REQUIRED all its resellers to include the 58 cable package with any Infinity Box sold !
After many problems here with local resellers,..( missing cables).. (missing Infinity Security card) I found the best one (Unlockcellular) that guarenteed a complete package and delivered.
Infinity Pin Out diagrams are easy to read...there has never been any question as to their clarity and accuracy .
The Pantech connector you describe is VERY easily built...if you dont have the skills necessary, then buy the optional 58 cable package or an even better recomendation is to buy PinFinder and save your time.
Good Luck

;smokin
Old 09-23-2008, 15:24   #4 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Orange: one thing itīs clear for me: do it at the most easy way. If here, in South america, Argentina precisely, could be someone with that cable to buy it, i allready will buy it. But no, here it doesnīt exist yet. Do you understand?

Thanks anyway.
Old 09-23-2008, 21:08   #5 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
Hello,

Here is an instruction how to get cable/pinout information:

1. be sure that you have downloaded and installed latest Infinity-Box Pinouts update
2. run Infinity-Box Shell
3. select required model
4. see detailed information about cable/pinout

Here is information how to build your own cable: http:///vbb/showthread.php?t=342807

What pins to use: you must connect 3 (three) wires from phone to box: Rx, Tx, Gnd

How to find pin ONE: you can see an instruction in any pinout, f.e. your example with Pantech cable:
Code:
keyboard top
1.........24 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< which one is 1 and which one is 13?????
12: Phone Tx (RJ-45 pin-3)
15: Phone Rx (RJ-45 pin-2)
24: Gnd<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< should i do something with this????????
keyboard top - so put phone on table with phone keyboad UP
1.........24 and count pins from left to right, this direction: 1... -> ...24
12: Phone Tx (RJ-45 pin-3): connect this phone pin (pin No 12) to box pin No 3
15: Phone Rx (RJ-45 pin-2): connect this phone pin (pin No 15) to box pin No 2
24: Gnd: connect this phone pin to box pin 7 or 8 (both is Gnd)
The Following User Says Thank You to InfinitySupport For This Useful Post:
Old 09-24-2008, 14:54   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

@zepterpeter
Friend...you live in a country way more advanced than mine !
My *Infinity reseller * is a guy, who knows a guy, who knows someone else, whos mother is an official Infinity Box Reseller !
If your in this business than you MUST learn to make do when you dont have....or your competition will solve you and your customers unlocking operations.
The Pantech Cable can be easily made by finding an LG charger and modifying its pins......EASY!
What will you do when you get an Alcatel C701 for unlocking ?...you HAVE to make your own because no cable exists!
I dont have ALL the cables...so i have to disassemble the phone...example Alcatel E101..and solder my cable directly to the board.
If you have no technical skills.... then this business isnt for you...find another.
Good Luck

;smokin
Old 09-24-2008, 15:17   #7 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange_Dominica View Post
@zepterpeter
Friend...you live in a country way more advanced than mine !
My *Infinity reseller * is a guy, who knows a guy, who knows someone else, whos mother is an official Infinity Box Reseller !
If your in this business than you MUST learn to make do when you dont have....or your competition will solve you and your customers unlocking operations.
The Pantech Cable can be easily made by finding an LG charger and modifying its pins......EASY!
What will you do when you get an Alcatel C701 for unlocking ?...you HAVE to make your own because no cable exists!
I dont have ALL the cables...so i have to disassemble the phone...example Alcatel E101..and solder my cable directly to the board.
If you have no technical skills.... then this business isnt for you...find another.
Good Luck

;smokin
YOU WRONG. What kind of answer is this? "this business isnīt for you"????

So, 70% of people here maybe shoul make another stuff with your NON reasonable answer????

Iīm a self learner man. I made computer nets, kilometers of net connectors, rj of all kinds of existence... and you think that iīm not able to learn????

So, people ALL around here are making just friendly visitations?

Do you think that i have 6 boxes of all kinds just for fun????

your answer itīs from an idiot way to think. Do you have a college there to teach "how to"???

Or you got so much EGO that can tip an answer like this but NOT even a word about help?

Iīm an instructed person, with a thousand more books and skills that you never can have.

But guess what: i have one thing alot MORE big that your amazing "skill": i NEVER could make feel a person as you do, and tahtīs good enough for me.

No more to say, you can go the hell "my friend".....
Old 09-24-2008, 21:30   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

keyboard top
3: connect to phone pin 4
4: connect to phone pin 3
10: Phone Rx (RJ-45 pin-2)
11: Phone Tx (RJ-45 pin-3)
24: Gnd
In this case i got NO IDEA what we are talking about.....

īm an instructed person, with a thousand more books and skills that you never can have.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Congrats on your Infinity Box !
Its a wise investment that is reliable and can unlock many models.
If you have any questions, the members and mods will help you.
Good luck
;smokin

Last edited by Orange_Dominica; 09-24-2008 at 21:37. Reason: Incorrect spelling
Old 09-24-2008, 22:29   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 586318
Thanks Meter: 112
@zepterpeter

My dear friend on this forum almost most of users knows how to make a cable or how to read schematics, so is on your own to be self learning, as much as we are. I'm from Nicaragua and I am sure that in your country you have better resources to get help. Ask a friend that works with electronic equipments and I am sure he could help you. That's what I did when I first began in this business. ;-)

Best Regards,

PD: Do not get mad on others, just look for help a little more.
Old 09-24-2008, 22:46   #10 (permalink)
Insane Poster

You right folks, to damn bad day. Sorry for all incovenience. Iīm trying, very hard. iīm not precisely the kind of person who just "go and buy"... i love to make things by miself, but sometimes, starting from zero itīs very complex.

Sorry my Dominica mate. Aca en Argentina somos todos muy calientes.

Be gOOd!
Old 09-25-2008, 21:53   #11 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by zepterpeter View Post
...i love to make things by miself...
If so, here is detailed information: http:///vbb/showpo...64&postcount=5

Don't hesitate to ask more questions, but first try to make everything by yourself very carefully and you will see that you have more than enough information in each cable description. For sure you have to have some skills to build cables and understand schematics.
The Following User Says Thank You to InfinitySupport For This Useful Post: