GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2018, 10:59   #1 (permalink)

Member: 454916
Thanks Meter: 10
Oppo F7 Firmware flashing (No Preloader/VCOM driver): Which Infinity product to buy

I have an Oppo F7 phone with the following specifications.
[http://gsmarena.com/oppo_f7-9121.php] All specifications match, except mine has 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM.

Obviously my Device model is CPH1819 with Chipset being Mediatek MT6771 Helio P60.

Q1. Which are the Infinity Box's products that support writing firmware to Oppo F7?

NOTE: Please take into account while suggesting CM2 dongle
Quote:
From what I have read across forums, writing firmware to Oppo F7 firmware requires the phone to be switched off. This requires MediaTek's Preloader drivers OR USB VirtualCOM/VCOM drivers.
I am using Windows 7 and Mint 18. I have gone through all the first 10 pages of Google Search results.

Sorry for the below format, but didn't want this to be bulky!

For Windows 7, All I could see was drivers for MTK65xx chipset. I downloaded and categorized them all. Installed -> rebooted -> devmgmt.msc -> Unknown device + Yellow question mark for VCOM device + devmgmt.msc simply reloads after connecting powered off Oppo F7 + SP Flash Tool not detecting -> Uninstalled drivers including all traces -> Rebooted -> Continued the same step for all driver installers -> No VCOM driver/detection for powered off Oppo f7

For Mint 18, I installed the libusb-dev packages with dependencies -> other suggested packages -> followed the output of command "dmesg -wH" for accurate results -> added udev rules + restarted udev service -> added modem blacklisting rules -> restarted udev service -> "dmesg -wH" shows powered off Oppo F7 is detected as as a "hidraw2: USB HID v1.01 Device" + SP Flash Tool not detecting -> No detection for powered off Oppo f7

I am avoiding posting the details/output of above procedure, because some of the replies may be commands or instructions on how to fix them
If you doubt that I have not done the above procedure properly, well... I can compile a kernel, and handle an Ollydbg...

For Windows, I have exhausted all options. I know there is still Linux Mint 19 to try. But since I never saw a Windows MTK VCOM driver for 67xx chipsets, I am guessing they don't exist at present
PS: If you have confirmation that there is VCOM Driver for MT6771, please advice. Thank you

So for the CM2 dongle to flash my powered off(if it is that way) Oppo F7, It has to rely on Windows OS detection, which I already don't have OR
Q2. Does there exists separate Windows drivers for CM2?
Q3. Does CM2 need a specific Windows OS version and procedure?

I had already contacted Infinity Support at [email protected] and [email protected]. They advised to communicate with Forum members for fast replies.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by arun_g_p; 08-29-2018 at 11:08.
Old 08-29-2018, 17:33   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 96478
Sonork: 100.1674604
Thanks Meter: 1,420
Hello Boss.
-All CM2 Drivers found on support
-CM2 Support from Win xp to Latest one
Lastly you didnt search for this Section for Your phone let me help you.Sit back & Relax
Searching................................
1- http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f296...y-cm2-2439745/

2- http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f296...t-cm2-2422871/

3- http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f296...adech-2424996/

end of seach....by users Request.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kirumira For This Useful Post:
Old 08-30-2018, 09:16   #3 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 148515
Thanks Meter: 19,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_g_p View Post
I have an Oppo F7 phone with the following specifications.
[http://gsmarena.com/oppo_f7-9121.php] All specifications match, except mine has 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM.

Obviously my Device model is CPH1819 with Chipset being Mediatek MT6771 Helio P60.

Q1. Which are the Infinity Box's products that support writing firmware to Oppo F7?

NOTE: Please take into account while suggesting CM2 dongle

PS: If you have confirmation that there is VCOM Driver for MT6771, please advice. Thank you

So for the CM2 dongle to flash my powered off(if it is that way) Oppo F7, It has to rely on Windows OS detection, which I already don't have OR
Q2. Does there exists separate Windows drivers for CM2?
Q3. Does CM2 need a specific Windows OS version and procedure?

I had already contacted Infinity Support at [email protected] and [email protected]. They advised to communicate with Forum members for fast replies.

Thanks in advance.
Hi,
Product name: Infinity-Box/Dongle
Due to thousand millions of different models variations on market nobody can guaranthee that your exact model is supported so pls before buy something search this forum to see is your model is supported.
Start place is here - http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f296...ty-box-725574/

Another way - try and see result. You may be lucky but maybe not.
The Following User Says Thank You to InfinityHelp For This Useful Post:
Old 09-06-2018, 21:48   #4 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 1043909
Thanks Meter: 60,926
hm... people told you have sent an e-mail to support with text
Code:
I have asked the following many times in mail and in
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f296/oppo-f7-firmware-flashing-no-preloader-vcom-driver-infinity-product-buy-2459790/

, but no answer was received
it looks like you have forgot to make a post in forum. pls in future do not make supporters confused.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:41   #5 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 2211790
Thanks Meter: 5,118
@arun_g_p
New oppo mtk need signed drivers
Check support area if not have there i will upload
Old 09-29-2018, 09:05   #6 (permalink)

Wow...Had to stay away for a month.

Just back on track

Thanks for helping out @kamal_singla
I was able to get my hands on Windows Test mode that disabled Driver Signature Enforcement.
But both these methods alone or seperate did not help me in connecting phone via VCOM/Preloader.

The closest I came to a working VCOM driver was by following XDA Forums' member skeleton1911's post Windows 10 MTK VCOM USB Drivers for 32 & 64 bit + Driver install tutorial M2. But Infinity Box's Chinese Miracle II : MTK Service Tool v2.xx failed with following error while trying to connect my phone.
PTFN : PreLoader USB VCOM (Android) (COM5)
MODE : PRELOADER PORT
PORT : 5
Error : Failed to open port!
I checked all my USB Ports and none of them was on COM 5. Maybe it was just me. Because from the screenshots, I see that someone else have made it working it in some other way.

However, I was able to connect Oppo F7 in EDL(Emergency DownLoad) mode via BOOTROM detection. This was achieved by following the given steps.
  • Power off the phone
  • In Chinese Miracle II : MTK Service Tool v2.xx, start any task(eg: Click "Identify"), so that the application will start waiting for connection. And the Log window will show "Waiting for device connection ..."
  • Press (Vol+) button first, (Vol-) button second and connect the phone to PC via USB
  • This will initiate BootROM detection and the phone will be connected in EDL mode

Last edited by arun_g_p; 09-29-2018 at 09:15.
Old 09-30-2018, 01:46   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellowBoss View Post
hm... people told you have sent an e-mail to support with text
Code:
I have asked the following many times in mail and in
http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f296/oppo-f7-firmware-flashing-no-preloader-vcom-driver-infinity-product-buy-2459790/

, but no answer was received
it looks like you have forgot to make a post in forum. pls in future do not make supporters confused.

@YellowBoss
Thanks for checking out.

Judging by Infinity-Box's response to my first post, there is no chance for such questions to be answered.
But my mistake. I should have made a post in "full sentence" before saying that in mail.

However there is no issue about Supporters becoming "confused". Because it requires thinking.

Found the "I don't really care" mail from Infinity Support. I have replied and full discourse is given below.
http://pastebin.com/raw/RF9khTMg

Behind every great product, there will be a Support like this.....Clueless

In fact I am guessing the mail addresses [email protected] or [email protected] or even the Infinity-Box Support forum doesn't provide help on clearing technical doubts. I don't ever remember seeing a thread in which the support has provided such help other than going along the lines of "we will check this issue" | "our engineering team will check" | "we have fixed this issue" | "here is the fix"

Support here is more like Sales frontend.
"Here is your solution buddy"
"There you go. This thing works...We have no idea how it works... But what's the issue...It works"

Yeah. It is good for a lot of people. But when it comes to troubleshooting, and then there are no answers, it creates difficulties.