GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2006, 23:35   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 252859
Thanks Meter: 53
Exclamation Plz update to unlock Motorola V170 Ver: 9.8.28

My Clients get real confuse when i try to explain the screen issue. Some even feel that we have damaged the phone. Some are confused that i unlocked similar phones. Some think i have preference in the customers i unlock for. This complication giving my business a bad name. Please update so we can unlock motorola ver: 9.8.28. without any screen issue..If anyone has a backup of an unlocked firmware for this phone please upload or send to Infinity Team.
Old 06-23-2006, 22:02   #2 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,229
You can easily repair LCD problems by flashing 9.8.28 firmware back to your phone and I hope it will be no problems for you with your customers.

As about comlicated solutions and "business bad name": heh...
if you unlock phone and return it to customer w/o testing... you know who is wrong in this situation.
Old 06-24-2006, 00:25   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 252859
Thanks Meter: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitySupport
You can easily repair LCD problems by flashing 9.8.28 firmware back to your phone and I hope it will be no problems for you with your customers.

As about comlicated solutions and "business bad name": heh...
if you unlock phone and return it to customer w/o testing... you know who is wrong in this situation.
I always test the phones that i unlock. Also, i am aware of the tracfone flash that can restore these phones from the day it was uploaded to the support site. In fact I was following the thread where a member uploaded the flash to Infinity Team. Furthermore, I can detect which of v170s will have screen issue without even checking the version because the screen is far more brilliant than the others.

My Point is; even when the tracfone flash restores the phone it still doesnt unlock it, and my clients want the phone unlocked, they don't want or care to understand technical stories about the screen issue and they get confused when i dont unlock these versions because to normal clients all V170s are the same (and they know that i can unlock some without any problems). They don't understand hardware changes in different versions. They simply want phone unlocked. So for this reason, i am begging for an update to do the versions with screen issues.
Old 06-24-2006, 04:34   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 60640
Thanks Meter: 20
Tracfone V9.8.28 cant Unlock bcos has changes in harware and flash of other models no work, mbe solution read full backup from unlocked phone with v9.8.28 firmware and upload to support. And about customer its Need know you not are SUPERMAN for repair all phones(Every Day New Phone)
You tell, Sorry in some day mbe can unlock it.-

Last edited by monedadeoro; 06-24-2006 at 15:18.