GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 16:15   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 33804
Thanks Meter: 22
Reports about Infinity Chinesse Miracle Language Editor software!

Hi!
Today,my Dongle is activated to works with Language Editor software :-)

I hope,all beta testers will report here about software bugs,new ideas,new functions,ect,....
And for me,I will test and post results here as soon as possible :-)

Thanks Infinity Team for their hard working!!!
B/r

P/s:This is the picture of my working when I'm translating a firmware which contain only English and Chinesse language to English and Vietnamese language
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Test_01.JPG (144.9 KB, 2885 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hakima For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 12-06-2007, 05:01   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

I've edited successful N72i firmware and phone works like a charm with new design language.

Here are some of my questions and ideas:

-Could you please add new option "Change language OPCODE" ?

For example:
When I translate a firmware which contain English and Chinesse language to English and Vietnamese language(overide Chinesse language with Vietnamese language),after that I want to use this OPCODE *#0084# for my new design language instead of the original one *#0086#. :-)

-How can I edit the name of language (In language list) ?

For example:After overiding Chinesse with Vietnamese,all is ok except still must be used Chinesse option in language list for the new one Vietnamese language.

Anyways,still no one here with me? (I mean another beta testers) :-)

B/r
Old 12-06-2007, 07:01   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 151871
Thanks Meter: 71,421
today my box to activated so i will Test and post results Soon !!

for who want URDU in chinese mobiles Please upload your Mobile Flash file to any other server ( not on Rapid share ) and send me link or you can send at my e-mail faslhasn(at)yahoo(dot)com i will edit and post you back that flash file as soon as possible then post results

Br

Faisal_Computer
Old 12-06-2007, 10:56   #4 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 7436
Thanks Meter: 400
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakima View Post
I've edited successful N72i firmware and phone works like a charm with new design language.

Here are some of my questions and ideas:

-Could you please add new option "Change language OPCODE" ?

For example:
When I translate a firmware which contain English and Chinesse language to English and Vietnamese language(overide Chinesse language with Vietnamese language),after that I want to use this OPCODE *#0084# for my new design language instead of the original one *#0086#. :-)

-How can I edit the name of language (In language list) ?

B/r
In version 1.16 select language pack for changing, press button "Change language pack to other", after edition software ask you for name of language and opcode.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:00   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.Mobi View Post
In version 1.16 select language pack for changing, press button "Change language pack to other", after edition software ask you for name of language and opcode.
Thanks for your fast reply :-)
I will test and post result here.

B/r
Old 12-06-2007, 21:04   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 62561
Thanks Meter: 706
One question: i´m translating a CECT Q618 Dual SIM phone to Portuguese BR. Original LP in phone was English and Chinese. I´m replacing Chinese to Portuguese BR. But, words in Portuguese have more letters than English (example: "Phone Setup" = "Configurações do Telefone"). When i modify words and save it, software says that will search for additional available space on firmware. But there´s not enough space. So, i choose "Ignore" option and file was saved OK, but "Max LP lenght: 95438", "Current LP Lenght: 95757", and still have a lot of words to translate. There will be some problem when i white back this file to phone?

b.r.

Cryspim
Old 12-07-2007, 01:51   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

There are some way to increase LP Max lenght without delete txt lines? I´ve deleted some lines to decrease current lenght to MAX value and to test edited file in phone. Was ok. But, to make a correct translation, would be better if i could increase max lenght.

b.r.

Cryspim
Old 12-07-2007, 04:11   #8 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryspim View Post
There are some way to increase LP Max lenght without delete txt lines? I´ve deleted some lines to decrease current lenght to MAX value and to test edited file in phone. Was ok. But, to make a correct translation, would be better if i could increase max lenght.

b.r.

Cryspim

Hello,

In some cases it's possible to get more space for new text, but in some cases there is no free space inside firmware for aditional text. In this case it's need to make phrases shorter.

f.e. as per your previous example: "Phone Setup" = "Configurações do Telefone" -> "Configurações"
I think that even this kind of short translation will be more friendly for Portuguese speaking people than English (or Chinese) text.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:18   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 976728
Sonork: 1589709
Thanks Meter: 4,775
please add button to remove lang pack
in some case may frimware don't have free space fro changes .

txs
Old 12-07-2007, 05:59   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 151871
Thanks Meter: 71,421
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitySupport View Post
Hello,

In some cases it's possible to get more space for new text, but in some cases there is no free space inside firmware for aditional text. In this case it's need to make phrases shorter.

f.e. as per your previous example: "Phone Setup" = "Configurações do Telefone" -> "Configurações"
I think that even this kind of short translation will be more friendly for Portuguese speaking people than English (or Chinese) text.
that may be ok look in my case
i am translating English to Urdu for example Word is "Copied" = " کا پی کر د یا " now this is shorter one English words = 3 Urdu words , i want to ask that if i write these type of flash file in mobile ( not tried yet ) its could be ok ? or not ?

and 2nd thing is when i use This software after this i can't use any software that useing my Com ports when i restart my computer then i can use all other software as i open MT62xx_lp_editor software works fine after closeing MT62xx_lp_editor can't use any software that use Com Ports . Please Fix this problem

Br

Faisal_Computer
Old 12-07-2007, 06:53   #11 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal_Computer View Post
that may be ok look in my case
i am translating English to Urdu for example Word is "Copied" = " کا پی کر د یا " now this is shorter one English words = 3 Urdu words , i want to ask that if i write these type of flash file in mobile ( not tried yet ) its could be ok ? or not ?
It's not important how many words you had before and have after editing. Main thing is total size of letters in new LangPack.
Also you can try to edit something and write into phone. If you have original flash backup you always can restore phone to it's original state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal_Computer View Post
and 2nd thing is when i use This software after this i can't use any software that useing my Com ports when i restart my computer then i can use all other software as i open MT62xx_lp_editor software works fine after closeing MT62xx_lp_editor can't use any software that use Com Ports . Please Fix this problem
Please, double check where is the problem.
LangPackEditor don't work with COM ports (don't open/close ports) so it's very strange that you have problems with COM ports after using LP Editor.
Old 12-07-2007, 13:16   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 531344
Thanks Meter: 23
how about infinity language editor for indonesian language?
The Following User Says Thank You to lie_james For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2007, 14:33   #13 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitySupport View Post
Hello,

Understood. but look: in this phone, i have only 2 LP now... English and PT BR.

PT BR: Max lenght: 95.438 Current Lenght: 96.645
English: Max lenght: 4.613.097 Current lenght: 95.293

So, there´s not some way to transfer unused lenght of English LP to PT LP? I could edit english LP (there´s more space), but i would like to keep this LP. And right, only "Configurações" is better than english "settings" or chinese "i don´t know", but have some another words that i can´t resume.

b.r.

Cryspim
Old 12-07-2007, 19:22   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 976728
Sonork: 1589709
Thanks Meter: 4,775

can't save
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Andra For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 12-07-2007, 21:20   #15 (permalink)
Freak Poster

That´s the question discussed previously here my friend. Look: "Max. LP lenght: 47946", "Current LP lenght: 89896". Lenght = number of letters that you can use in LP space. As you can see, you wrote 41950 letters more than firmware support! So, if you set "ignore" option, your firmware will be saved, but i think that it´s will be unusable. Solution? make phrases shorter or wait InfinitySupport to find a solution (if possible).

b.r.

Cryspim