GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 18:11   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 62561
Thanks Meter: 706
CECT Q618 Dual SIM connection problem

Here is original USB datacable from this phone:

USB datacable pinouts mapped:

Phone powered on, modem installed, set as COM port communication (COM35):

Now, trying to use Infinity port. 9 (Rx) to RJ45 pin 2 (Tx), 8 (Tx) to RJ45 pin 3 (RX), 18, 19 and 20 to RJ45 pins 7 and 8 (GND). Action = Read General Info:

Swapping TX - RX too. No results. There is some difference between USB to COM Rx Tx interface pinouts? May i need to use Vpp too?

br.

Cryspim
Old 12-05-2007, 18:45   #2 (permalink)
Product Supporter

Member: 148515
Thanks Meter: 19,534
hello!

Do you set infinity box com port correctly after you switched to rj45 cable?
Old 12-05-2007, 19:11   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Yes. Infinity port = COM 8. Port is OK. Tested with Panasonic phone. Cable is OK. Tested with multimeter. Trying all sppeds, but still no answer from phone. Any idea?

b.r.

Cryspim
Old 12-05-2007, 22:03   #4 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
@Cryspim
I think you must understand soimething before make this kind of tests and so hard work regarding pictures/screenshots attaching.

1. You must explain what you want to do with phone instead of prepare photo-galery. I still don't understand what you want to do and what is you targets.
2. if you have USB cable you can connect phone to PC via your USB cable, select your new virtual com port in Infinity-Box and you can read info and repair imei via this port
3. You CAN'T flash/unlock phone via port from previous step. Why ? Because you must use Rx/Tx/Gnd pins but NOT USB cable for flashing/unlocking.

I hope you understand your mistake. Please, confirm.

p.s.
if you still don't understand the difference in Rx/Tx and USB wires, please, try to make search in this forum (or somewhere else) before ask next question.
Old 12-05-2007, 22:06   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Well, the solution was under my stupid face all the time! For powered on phone operations (general info, IMEI edit...) i can use the phone in modem mode. For powered off phone operations (firm upgrade/edit...), i can use the pinout under the label! Tx, Rx, Tx_b, Rx_b, Vpp... All pins simple. Anyway, thanks for trying to help.

b.r.

Cryspim
Old 12-05-2007, 22:12   #6 (permalink)
Product Manager

Hello,

Probably testpoints under back label connected to pins on phone connector. Just use multimeter and check it and it will be no need to topen phone next time.
Old 12-05-2007, 22:24   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@InfinitySupport: What i was trying to do? well, i was trying to make an adapter to use USB pinouts (not USB cable, of course) for flashing the phone. Like RJ45 in side one and USB female in side two. Than, i could use USB cable attached on this adapter (USB cable is only wire. No circuit) connected on Infinity RJ45 port for powered off operations. But, maybe USB D+, D- pins do not work like Tx, Rx pins with phone powered off and i need to use TP on board for this operations, because Dual SIM have 2 CPU. I will test the connection between board points and conector pins and tell to you if works.

b.r.

Cryspim
Old 12-05-2007, 22:50   #8 (permalink)
Product Manager

Of course, D- and D- not works like Rx/Tx and you need to use other pins.
In some phones (but it's quite rare situation) the same pins may be used as D-/D- and as Rx/Tx (depends on VUSB pin status) but ordinary you need to use different pins for usb and com port communication.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:56   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

OK, thanks for the cleaning explanation. In my "imagination", if D+ and D- would works in Tx Rx COM mode (with phone powered off), we won´t have problems with pinouts anymore, because normally all chinese phones comes with USB cable. So, we just need to make a simple adapter (USB female > RJ45) and we have communication. But, as you clearify, thinks are not so easy, because we have different pins for D+, Tx, D- and Rx. Anyway, i´m waiting license.dat file for start to work in the translation to PT BR my Dual SIM Phones (i have 5 different models at this time, but will buy 1 new model per week). Every phone that i translate, i will make good pictures of connectors, pinouts, board and phone. And, of couse, will send backup of fullflash and translated files to support. Congratulations for your team hard work.

b.r.

Cryspim

Last edited by Cryspim; 12-06-2007 at 02:06. Reason: correcting words
Old 12-06-2007, 18:46   #10 (permalink)
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryspim View Post
OK, thanks for the cleaning explanation. In my "imagination", if D+ and D- would works in Tx Rx COM mode (with phone powered off), we won´t have problems with pinouts anymore, because normally all chinese phones comes with USB cable. So, we just need to make a simple adapter (USB female > RJ45) and we have communication. But, as you clearify, thinks are not so easy, because we have different pins for D+, Tx, D- and Rx. Anyway, i´m waiting license.dat file for start to work in the translation to PT BR my Dual SIM Phones (i have 5 different models at this time, but will buy 1 new model per week). Every phone that i translate, i will make good pictures of connectors, pinouts, board and phone. And, of couse, will send backup of fullflash and translated files to support. Congratulations for your team hard work.

b.r.

Cryspim
Hello,

As I remember I have sent you activation mail already. Please, re-request activation if you did not got it yet.