GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 03:07   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 12270
Thanks Meter: 107
Smart Card Help....really old smart card cannot detect

I need some help please. Don't hate me Infinity Team but I purchased your box about 3-4 years ago, I can't remember. I used it for what I needed and haven't used it since. Now I am spending hours here trying to troubleshoot why I cannot update this USB card. I purchased your smaller box to put it in and it will not detect it. In task manager it sees the egate virtual reader and USB smart card reader but doesn't find the USB smart card itself. I am almost certain the card is not damaged.

I have the old USB dongle which tries to read "USB-Smart JCOP BlueZ Smart reader" I have even tried puttin gteh card in other USB card readers I have to no avail.

I am using XP and there is nothing elese on my PC other than Infinity Dongle Drivers, the new ones. Can anyone please help me. I can't even read my dongle serial. Thank you.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:42   #2 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
Hello,

If smart-card can not be detected by PC (S/N can not be readed) it may be 2 reasons:
1. smart-card reader is damaged or reader-card contacts is not good
2. smart-card is damaged (very rare situation)

"USB-Smart JCOP BlueZ Smart reader" can not be used for Infinity-Box smart card.
You can try to insert Infinity-Box smart-card into other e-gate smart-card reader (f.e. SE-Tool) and see results.
Old 04-18-2009, 16:33   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

That's strange because when I purchased Infinity a few years ago, the USB-Smart JCOP BlueZ Smart reader was what was sold to me and worked at the time. I even marked it with a marker when I got it because I have so many readers. It was in a silver case with a small switch on the side that did nothing.

I did try and use an egate smart reader liek the ones used for SE Tool and it doesn't see the card. I guess then it maybe damaged. I guess I have to purchase a new one?

Thanks for your reply

BR
Old 04-18-2009, 19:12   #4 (permalink)
Product Manager

Hello,

Here is e-gate smart-card reader photos, you need to use this kind of reader with Infinity-Box smart-card.
Do you have the same ?

Old 04-23-2009, 02:06   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Here's what I got and noting reads the card. The readers work because other egate cards work in them like SE Tool.

The silver dongle, (USB-Smart JCOP BlueZ Smart reader), which was the original dongle, in which you should recognize when you first started selling the infinity box with the dongle separately, that I received when I purchased Infinity Box from Unlock Cellular in he US.

I don't understand why the new infinity box I purchased doesn't even read the card.

BTW, thanks for your in helping me.

BR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0259.jpg (194.6 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0261.jpg (153.1 KB, 32 views)
Old 04-23-2009, 23:14   #6 (permalink)
Product Manager

Hello,

1. remove card from reader
2. connect card-reader to PC
3. insert card into card-reader
Do you see new device (smart-card) in Device Manager now ?

If you do not see new device this means that card (or reader) is damaged and can not be repaired
If you can see new card it may be that card can be repaired, but we need to know it's original S/N