GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 21:01   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1191
Thanks Meter: 128
Write our Backup-s. Why not ?

Hi InfinityTeam.

Why we can't write our backups when we make it with Infinity-Box ?

Today I make my backup on one VODAFONE 225 and then try to find unlock code with different digits but now phone is full blocked ! Then I try to write my backup that I read and software haven't this function. Why ?
I try my eeprom but error counter is writed in other place. Not phone is blocked and unable to use with SIM card that is locked phone.

Why we can't write our backups ?

wb Svetli

Old 08-20-2007, 21:35   #2 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 35,227
Hello,

You can write eeprom backup w/o problem but "full flash" backup cab't be written. It was described many times and reasons was described many times.

If you want to see your flash file available in support area just send it to [email protected] and we will convert/upload it in support area.

As about unlock counter: are you sure that you write eeprom backup back ?

Old 08-20-2007, 21:55   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Yes, I am sure that i write eeprom backup. This is file name:
backup_eeprom-complete_20070820-233019.B1E.bin

and then I try with eeprom from other phone that is not with SIM lock code entry. the second phone work in moment only with SIM card from M-Tel (Bulgarian GSM operator). the strange is that when use eeprom from second GSM and write it in fist that not work with any SIM inside.

backup_eeprom-complete_20070820-232838.B1E.bin

from this I think that error counter is writed on other place FFS or other place.

in this case that I only have is - hope: you to make new update for Vodafone225 that can unlock or for moment to repair gsm to can I bring again to my client w/o problem

cloning with other eeprom not work !
the strange is that when gsm is blocked I unable to enter any digit. only label on LCD.

any idea how to back phone to first state and bring to my client ?

Old 08-20-2007, 22:04   #4 (permalink)
Product Manager

Hello,

Try to make "reset to default" operation and let me know about results.
Also, pls, send eeprom and full flash backup to [email protected]

Old 08-20-2007, 22:15   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Hello again.

Before I make stupid post I just try all that software I have can make. "Reset to default" not work. phone still is blocked.

For moment i think that you not test "Reset to default" or I am wrong ?
If write backup is working then this topic will be superfluous.

Old 08-20-2007, 22:56   #6 (permalink)
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svetli View Post
Hello again.

Before I make stupid post I just try all that software I have can make. "Reset to default" not work. phone still is blocked.
In this case I can't beleive that this sitaution is really true. Please, try to write eeprom backup again ate test phone.
Btw, did you tested phonme before you make eeprom backup ? Maybe you have made eeprom backup already after you tried to enter codes (or other procedures) ?

Quote:
For moment i think that you not test "Reset to default" or I am wrong ?
You are wrong.

Quote:
If write backup is working then this topic will be superfluous.
If you will read this forum more detailed day by day you can't be surpriced with my questions...

Old 08-20-2007, 23:07   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Ok, let's make this:

1. You get one Vodafone 225 in your hands that is locked to one operator.
2. Make eeprom backup.
3. Put SIM from other operator and ener few codes until phone not display that is locked. Then put first SIM card and try to start phone. (phone again is locked !)
4. Write old eeprom and start again phone - phone will be again locked to all SIM cards !!!

just try this and post your result.
but i tink that you haven't working solution for now. (yes, i think that you again will write that i am wrong - that's normal).

just I lose my time to try, and try, and try with "Reset to default" and no result. but with hope that after few "Reset to default" phone will be reseted to default.

good night

wbr Svetli

P.S. in moment i have 2 Vodafone 225. one is locked to all cards, second is locked only to M-Tel for now (I enter 2 wrong codes)

Old 08-20-2007, 23:15   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

now phone show this with all sim cards.
and unable to enter code (digits). only this line stay on LCD.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 225 full locked.jpg (14.5 KB, 55 views)

Old 08-20-2007, 23:20   #9 (permalink)
Product Manager

Quote:
Ok, let's make this:

1. You get one Vodafone 225 in your hands that is locked to one operator.
2. Make eeprom backup.
3. Put SIM from other operator and ener few codes until phone not display that is locked. Then put first SIM card and try to start phone. (phone again is locked !)
4. Write old eeprom and start again phone - phone will be again locked to all SIM cards !!!

just try this and post your result.
but i tink that you haven't working solution for now. (yes, i think that you again will write that i am wrong - that's normal).

just I lose my time to try, and try, and try with "Reset to default" and no result. but with hope that after few "Reset to default" phone will be reseted to default.

good night

wbr Svetli

P.S. in moment i have 2 Vodafone 225. one is locked to all cards, second is locked only to M-Tel for now (I enter 2 wrong codes)
I don't understrand what you talk about.
What solution ?
What reset several times ?

You can see that sp-unlock for this model not supported yet. We never told that we can unlock this phone.
You asked an advice: I gave you and idea to try. Am I wrong ?
Ok, next time I'll be little bit more silent, it's not a problem for me, but I really can't understand why you want to explain me that your phone damaged.

I offered you to send me backup file to check. Right ?
And what I got instead your honest explanation of situation and instead of backup files ? yes, I got this:

Quote:

Funny "thanks" for my advice and my tries to help you.

Thanks and bye !

Old 08-20-2007, 23:41   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

ok, this is very easy:

@ALL Infinity users that have locked to one operator phone

try this and post your result here:
1. be sure that phone is locked only to one operator
2. make eeprom backup
3. put not accepted SIM
4. start phone and when says that's locked enter few unlcok codes. just enter diff.digits and try to unlock it. after few trys phone will says that locked but you unable to enter more codes.
5. put accepted SIM and try to use this phone - not work. phone now is locked to all operators.
6. write your old eeprom backup
7. put again accepted SIM and write here in this topic what happen: phone work with one operator or is locked to all operators.
8. if phone again is locked to all operators try with "Reset to default". - again write your results pls.

this will be answer who is wrong

10x

Old 08-20-2007, 23:47   #11 (permalink)
Product Manager

Dear Infinity-Box users,

Please, no need to follow strange advices.
Thank you for understanding.

Thread closed due to discussion about nothing.

@Svetli
I really cant understand what you want to explain me. But in fact it's not important already.
I justr gave you an advice and asked to try one thing, tried to help you, but you start to say very strange things here. Very strange people behaviour.
Bye !

Closed Thread