GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > Hard/Software Products (official support) > Infinity-Box

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2005, 18:20   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 63904
Thanks Meter: 12
X70 Unlocking Problem

Hi, trying to unlock an X70, and this is what happens:-

SW Version: GAX70A2020031024
FLASH-ID: 10107E7E
Parameters Done
Check data...
STEP-01 in progress...

and thats it, doesn't go any further.

Would presume it needs flashing 1st, but its not even coming up with phone not supported etc.etc.

Know cables and setup is all fine as we have unlocked 20-30+ with infinity with no previous problems.

Tried on 2 different laptops

Any Ideas??

Regards

Mobilesunlocked
Old 09-27-2005, 00:05   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 12578
Thanks Meter: 59
Have you tried with a different x70??

Just in case it is problem with handset....because we have had similar problems and found 2 common problems:
1. Connections were dirty on bottom of charging block
2. The actual charging block pins inside handset had come off pcb

Check these 2 and if still no joy test with a different handset

WBR

yeldar
Old 09-28-2005, 15:17   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Hi, Yeldar

Thanx for advice, stripped phone, but phone is as clean as a whistle, still doing the same thing.

Regards

Mobilesunlocked
Old 10-01-2005, 12:27   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 9302
Thanks Meter: 1
@Mobilesunlocked

Welcom to the club mate.

I have 2 x70 with similar problems but the answer of Infinity support is that the unlocking program have some Bugs for some of the software versions.

If you phone is still powering you are lucky.

If it's dead you really need Infinity Support.

Regards
P.P
Old 10-03-2005, 09:54   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Luckily, phone still powers on fine. Seeing as though it was brand new, thought we would give it back to the customer, rather than kill it!

This phone did appear to be brand new, quite surprised that the are new sw versions out there to be honest. Still Infinity support has been very good to date, so we are sure that they will do an update as soon as they can.

Regards

Mobilesunlocked.
Old 10-03-2005, 13:03   #6 (permalink)
Product Manager

Member: 130995
Thanks Meter: 34,077
Hi,

I see that last days there are some really bad situations with X70. So, I think it's time to give some more info.

In fact, situation with killed X70 is very strange for us.
It is because software was tested on many X70 with different firmware and different flash types.
But fast is fact (and I don't want to say that our software extremely perfect etc.): X70 can be killed during unlock. Really, I don't have any good explanation now why phones was killed, so I want to give some info to customers:
1. X70 unlock procedure is NOT SAFE because during unlock process it's need to re-write phone boot-core stored in flash chip. If during first unlock phase any errors take place, then phone can be dead.
Reason: at power-on X70 start from first flash sector. If this first sector damaged (even partially), then phone can't power-on and can't be flashed anymore, because internal flash routines stored in this first flash sector too.

2. Currently, we have no any good method to repair dead X70 (with erased/damaged boot core). Only one method can helps: desolder flash chip, program it with good X70 image with external flash programmer, solder flash chip back.

3. Yes, it can be (I just say "can", don't say "it's for sure") that our software has bugs and as a result - dead phones. But please, don't forget about some things:

X70 is not so new phone (just check firmware version and you will see software release date). So, during phone usage it can be some hidden phone defects (I don't want to say, that all dead phones is a result of hidden hardware defects, but who knows).

Also, pls, check this link:
2 x X70 death
"The second phone when we flash with Winmodo - during flashing stop to flash and now only phone light..."
This means, that in some cases even original panasonic software can't flash phone good and as a result - dead phone.

Also, pls, check this link. Post #1 and #6
X70 unlock problem
"problem solved on another pc"
Really, I can't understand how is PC changing gives different results, but fact is fact.

Please, always be sure that phone connector is clean and cable has good contact to phone connector. In some cases even small contact loss can bring very bad results.

Please, be sure that battery is completely charged. One mistake with battery charging and as a result - dead phone.

In addition: X70 unlock with AMD (10107E7E) flash chip is more safe than INTEL (89000D88) flash (I see this by user's posts, no killed AMD flashes, some killed INTEL flashes). I don't have any good explanation, just a miracle, but fact is fact.
So, the more good thing that I can make is to write big disclaimer about unlock
process like "use it on your own risk".
Of course, I undersand that it's not good words from my side, but really, there are some things that I can't understand and explain.

Finally: we are really trying to understand what's wrong with unlock process but until now:
We have only software that we have.
We have no good method to repair already killed X70 (only flash chip desoldering). If anybody has experience with direct flash chip programming, you are welcome for private discussion, we can give some advices (only advices, not flash programming by us).
Old 10-03-2005, 13:09   #7 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Very informative, thanks for that.

Nice to see very honest explanations.

Regards

Mobilesunlocked
Old 10-03-2005, 13:32   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 59789
Thanks Meter: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinitySupport
Hi,

I see that last days there are some really bad situations with X70. So, I think it's time to give some more info.

In fact, situation with killed X70 is very strange for us.
It is because software was tested on many X70 with different firmware and different flash types.
But fast is fact (and I don't want to say that our software extremely perfect etc.): X70 can be killed during unlock. Really, I don't have any good explanation now why phones was killed, so I want to give some info to customers:
1. X70 unlock procedure is NOT SAFE because during unlock process it's need to re-write phone boot-core stored in flash chip. If during first unlock phase any errors take place, then phone can be dead.
Reason: at power-on X70 start from first flash sector. If this first sector damaged (even partially), then phone can't power-on and can't be flashed anymore, because internal flash routines stored in this first flash sector too.

2. Currently, we have no any good method to repair dead X70 (with erased/damaged boot core). Only one method can helps: desolder flash chip, program it with good X70 image with external flash programmer, solder flash chip back.

3. Yes, it can be (I just say "can", don't say "it's for sure") that our software has bugs and as a result - dead phones. But please, don't forget about some things:

X70 is not so new phone (just check firmware version and you will see software release date). So, during phone usage it can be some hidden phone defects (I don't want to say, that all dead phones is a result of hidden hardware defects, but who knows).

Also, pls, check this link:
2 x X70 death
"The second phone when we flash with Winmodo - during flashing stop to flash and now only phone light..."
This means, that in some cases even original panasonic software can't flash phone good and as a result - dead phone.

Also, pls, check this link. Post #1 and #6
X70 unlock problem
"problem solved on another pc"
Really, I can't understand how is PC changing gives different results, but fact is fact.

Please, always be sure that phone connector is clean and cable has good contact to phone connector. In some cases even small contact loss can bring very bad results.

Please, be sure that battery is completely charged. One mistake with battery charging and as a result - dead phone.

In addition: X70 unlock with AMD (10107E7E) flash chip is more safe than INTEL (89000D88) flash (I see this by user's posts, no killed AMD flashes, some killed INTEL flashes). I don't have any good explanation, just a miracle, but fact is fact.
So, the more good thing that I can make is to write big disclaimer about unlock
process like "use it on your own risk".
Of course, I undersand that it's not good words from my side, but really, there are some things that I can't understand and explain.

Finally: we are really trying to understand what's wrong with unlock process but until now:
We have only software that we have.
We have no good method to repair already killed X70 (only flash chip desoldering). If anybody has experience with direct flash chip programming, you are welcome for private discussion, we can give some advices (only advices, not flash programming by us).
@infinity team

once again thanks for your honest it is coming straight from the heart keep up the good work peace.
Old 10-03-2005, 14:33   #9 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@infinity team

I know if the phonone gives a 'Write Error' while unlocking:

1./Do not take battery
2./Flash with A39 only main with 'Boot update' and if CRC is ok at the end the phone is alive again.
3./ After that unlock it again and it will not die for sure because A39 is supported 100 percent

What about if the phone flashes but with CRC error ? It is still dead and when I try to reflash it or unlock it again it stops on 'Parameter Exchanged'.

What do we do in that case ? Is it possible to be fixed?
It will be a great help if we get more info.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
P.P
Old 10-05-2005, 15:17   #10 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 122178
Thanks Meter: 3
x70 dead after unloking
please any solution
Old 10-05-2005, 17:27   #11 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 122178
Thanks Meter: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeldar
Have you tried with a different x70??

Just in case it is problem with handset....because we have had similar problems and found 2 common problems:
1. Connections were dirty on bottom of charging block
2. The actual charging block pins inside handset had come off pcb

Check these 2 and if still no joy test with a different handset

WBR

yeldar
hello
i have a probleme with X70 ( dead after unloking) ?????????
Old 10-06-2005, 09:25   #12 (permalink)
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jo75
hello
i have a probleme with X70 ( dead after unloking) ?????????
Hi,

How can I help if I even don't know what's happen with your phone ?
Old 10-06-2005, 09:30   #13 (permalink)
Product Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmotronics
@infinity team

I know if the phonone gives a 'Write Error' while unlocking:

1./Do not take battery
2./Flash with A39 only main with 'Boot update' and if CRC is ok at the end the phone is alive again.
3./ After that unlock it again and it will not die for sure because A39 is supported 100 percent

What about if the phone flashes but with CRC error ? It is still dead and when I try to reflash it or unlock it again it stops on 'Parameter Exchanged'.

What do we do in that case ? Is it possible to be fixed?
It will be a great help if we get more info.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
P.P
Hello,

X70 can stop during Winmodo flashing at "Parameters exchange" phase if boot-code partially damaged.
In fact, we don't have good repair method for this situation too.
It's need to try to flash again with different settings for "Menu -> Options -> Smart boot update" but I can't guarantee that this can helps 100%.
I see, not so good answer from me again, but I think it's better to say truth.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:26   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

@Infinity Suport

Thanks for the reply.At least it's some info.
I will try recommended if it does not happen I will just use the phones for parts.

Regards
P.P
Old 10-06-2005, 10:56   #15 (permalink)
Product Manager

Hi,

Also, one advice. I am not sure that this can helps in all situations but I think that be be more sure that everything will be fine with unlock, it will be bettre to flash phone first with version A39. This can gives some good results. At least I think boot sector will be re-written with A39 and i think it can be less problems.
It's not solution for sure, just my idea how to make unlock process more safe.