GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Nokia Base Band 5 ( BB-5 ) (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f299/)
-   -   What is Test mode, Local mode & TestPoint ? (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f299/what-test-mode-local-mode-testpoint-452954/)

shafeeq 10-09-2007 11:27

What is Test mode, Local mode & TestPoint ?

Can anybody tell what is test point . what is the use of it ?

What is Local Mode ?
What is Test Mode ?

BR
Shafeeq

stanner_austin 10-09-2007 12:19

there is no perfect info about it.
but i know something may help you.

before Nokia like dct3 dct4 wd2 Tiku phones have only 3 mode
normal mode
local mode
test mode

but in bb5 there is 4 mode
normal mode
offline mode RF inactive
local mode
test mode

normal mode is for phone be at normal condition like we use with battery and calling etc.
local mode is for reading & writing phone pm area (eeprom),file system formatting etc.
test mode is for doing file system removing like full factory defaults its also can do pm area rewriting and reading.
RF inactive mode will be on phone same as normal mode but don't let RF = network part to work.means offline mode.without network.
without local mode and test mode your not able to read info edit pm section like security code file system format factory defaults many things.

this may be sort definition of modes.

hope this help you.

shafeeq 10-09-2007 12:32

thank u stanner austin , any one tell me what is test point ?

Kvas 10-09-2007 13:18

Correct me if I'm wrong but...

test points we call some special points on phones main board, usually they help to connect phone with box or pc... for eg. in BB5 phones You need to "enter" some parts of phone that are not available by usb or dku cable but software requies that parts to perform some operations like unlock... some phones like LG 3G for eg. if they are dead and not able to connect with PC must be connected via test point so Your software could see what type of phone is connected etc...

usually You perform test points by short-circuit it with GND while connecting to PC using some neal...

test point is a different alternative way to connect phone...

irfanmajeed 10-09-2007 15:51

tanx man for sharing your information thats cool

..:MumbaiGsm:.. 10-09-2007 19:04

i think Test Point is the point by which we can reset the Memory ,EEprom manually by grounding.

zakagadir 10-09-2007 21:54

tk
for answer for question me too i want about these words

Arif Jamil 10-09-2007 22:16

nice info.............

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanner_austin (Post 2780500)

normal mode
local mode
test mode

normal mode
offline mode RF inactive
local mode
test mode

normal mode is for phone be at normal condition like we use with battery and calling etc.
local mode is for reading & writing phone pm area (eeprom),file system formatting etc.
test mode is for doing file system removing like full factory defaults its also can do pm area rewriting and reading.
RF inactive mode will be on phone same as normal mode but don't let RF = network part to work.means offline mode.without network.
without local mode and test mode your not able to read info edit pm section like security code file system format factory defaults many things.

hope this help you.

such nice info

Arif Jamil

Arif Jamil 10-09-2007 22:17

I think Test point is bypassing the security sectors.. for unlocking, flashing, etc.......

Arif Jamil

.:Mahmoud El-masy:. 10-09-2007 22:40

test point it's kind of protect when we conenct test point we hace to ic and we break this protect and we can modfiy change and write some data en Eeprom erea that date may be use for unlock or other. on nokia bb5 phones we use test point to hace fone to unlock it but what that meen ??? when we conect test point in pcb fone it;s give out more power ' high ampere it's used to transfare data frome pc to fone " may be i wrong correct me "" that my info...................

aikonmani 12-04-2007 09:19

TestPoint: We make a HOLE to enter into a locked house.

Kamijeeawan 12-04-2007 09:29

thanks man for sharing.... nice information

azi_kewl 12-22-2007 12:31

Thanks for the information....its so clear to me....thanks again....

dchky 12-22-2007 12:59

Looks like pretty much everyone has messed up the whole 'Test Point' definition.

It is simply this: A point or series of points on the circuit board at which you would place a set of probes, the test point(s). Typically the test point would be used to measure signals or voltages, generally with a multimeter, oscilloscope, or spectrum analyzer. (Or for the slightly more wealthy types, a vector analyzer)

In this forum and many others, the term 'test point' has been bastardized to mean something other than what it really is. When unlocking phones, you are not exactly testing much of anything.

josesibaja 03-02-2008 18:58

how I lock phone 6300 to network

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanner_austin (Post 2780500)

normal mode
local mode
test mode

normal mode
offline mode RF inactive
local mode
test mode

hope this help you.

sr can you tell me how can I lock nokia 6300 to operator network example to 71201 ICE Costa Rica