GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Sony Ericsson > Old Ericsson Phones & Sony Phones

Old Ericsson Phones & Sony Phones ALL Ericsson OR SONY Phones are here, you Can't Find "SonyEricsson" in there. only SONY old phones or Ericsson old Phones.. do we need to say it again :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2002, 13:18   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 11445
Thanks Meter: 0
Unhappy T28 sim card problem - new version

I have a T28 but i don't know what version is. The problem is that when I insert sim is telling me: Inserte correct simcard. I've tried to use repair function with ATR 5.3 but is showing me: check phone selection or something like that. I can write eepr and flash, but no succes to get rid of the message. I can not change IMEI.

What to do? Is possible to work with ATR 5.0???
Please advice!
Old 11-19-2002, 13:26   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 10228
Thanks Meter: 2
Downgrade with older flashfile!
Old 11-19-2002, 17:10   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 1647
Thanks Meter: 4
Some new T28 are buggy! They don't give out the right letter for recognize modell. This causes the 'Check mobiles type'-message with ATR5.3 .
You can use ATR5.0 instead. this will help!

message 'insert correct card' means TAMPERED!
You can correct this with flashing and/or write right IMEI and after that flash with ATR5.0 . Maybe you have to unlock it after, but this should help you!

Attention! Don't flash or unlock with SIM-Card inserted. This will also cause 'insert correct card'-Error sometimes!
Old 11-20-2002, 11:32   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 11445
Talking Thx!

The problem was the ATR 5.3 The IMEI was also the problem but with ATR 5.3 I can't change. Thx Tigerente!
Old 11-20-2002, 20:59   #5 (permalink)

Member: 17930
I have a similar issue ....

Sorry to barge in ...

I have a similar issue where my phone went into TAMPERED mode. ATR 5.3 does not let me update my IMEI. ATR 5.0 does not work on my system, however I am thinking that it is because of Windows XP. Anyone have problems with XP and GSM software ? The other thing ... after you flash and update the eeprom, do you have to put in any IMEI number or the one you have (which happens to be on the barcode of the original box) ? Your input is appreciated. Thank you.
Old 11-20-2002, 21:02   #6 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 10281
Just downgrade it.
Works 100 %
Old 11-21-2002, 11:37   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Re: I have a similar issue ....

Quote:
Originally posted by webtech
ATR 5.0 does not work on my system, however I am thinking that it is because of Windows XP. Anyone have problems with XP and GSM software ?
Everyone should have problems with ATR and WIN XP!
ATR only works with WIN95/98. Otherwise it will start and disappear within a second! You have to downgrade your system for using ATR!

Quote:
Originally posted by webtech
The other thing ... after you flash and update the eeprom, do you have to put in any IMEI number or the one you have (which happens to be on the barcode of the original box) ? Your input is appreciated. Thank you.
That belongs to you. The best thing is to use the original IMEI, but if there's an IMEI-check by your provider which sorts out unknown (not for the provider registered) IMEIs you have to use a registered IMEI!

The original IMEI might be found on the box (if you have it) and for sure it is printed on the scannerlabel under the battery!(at the T28 it's printed in the first line!)

BTW.: If you want to change IMEI, you have to take three steps:
1. upload EEPORM
2. change IMEI
3. upload firmware

If you change IMEI after uploading firmware, your mobile will be TAMPERED again!
Old 11-21-2002, 18:15   #8 (permalink)

Thanks ...

I will try that. I need to get a pair of older FW/EEPROM files for a T28W. Any versions that you suggest ? Also, I noticed that XP has all sorts of problems with GSM software. I am now using a Win98 SE machine to do the updates.

The IMEI number that I have in the phone right now is not the same that is printed on the original box from Vstream. It somehow changed. On my Vstream box I have a IMEI number that starts with 5202xxxxxxx (15 digits long). I understand that it should be 14 digits long. Drop the last digit ? Is the IMEI number portable from a phone model to the next ? I have a couple of original Vstream phones (Ericsson, Motorola). Are the IMEI numbers portable between these phones ? Let me know. I want to get a better understanding of how this process works. Thanks.
Old 11-21-2002, 18:26   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

1. of course you can portable the IMEIs but that's more illegal than unlocking!

2. If you have T28 world be carefull, because most flashfiles found on the net are for T28s

3. The last digit of the IMEI could be cut off!
Old 11-21-2002, 23:03   #10 (permalink)

Correct ...

I was told that the flash file from a T28s will work on a T28W. If not, do you have a pair of flash/eeprom files that you can share with me (that you know are ok and working) ? I never backed up my originals. Yeah ... now I know ... Help would be appreciated. Thanks again.
Old 11-22-2002, 08:08   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Sorry! I don't have T28 world EEPROM!
Just use the search-function, there are some postings with links where to find T28 world firmware and EEPROMs.