GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Sony Ericsson > Old Ericsson Phones & Sony Phones

Old Ericsson Phones & Sony Phones ALL Ericsson OR SONY Phones are here, you Can't Find "SonyEricsson" in there. only SONY old phones or Ericsson old Phones.. do we need to say it again :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2003, 13:43   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 19633
Thanks Meter: 13
T28 unlock prob

hi!
I can`t unlock T28s! Use ATR but till load aplication erore 02 uppers on 35%, all time... Is it new algo in old T28?
Whot soft must I use to unlock it?
Thenks!
Old 12-04-2003, 14:35   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 3377
Thanks Meter: 1
atr 5.0 is better for t28s, if canīt unlock... well check external power (5.0v), and of couerse check ohone conector (look for water damage or dirty pins), most of case is simply dirty conector or break solders in cable conector

b/r
Old 12-04-2003, 18:13   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 19633
Thanks Meter: 13
man, I`m not novice in unlocking!
I allredy try all ATR version! Phone is new, just from box! cleer, and fully work.
Atr detekt phone ok, but can`t fully sent loader to phone...
Seems, ericsson use new flash chip or new algo....
Did anybody have same problem?
Old 12-04-2003, 20:09   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 3377
Thanks Meter: 1
hey mate, take it easy, isnīt my intention comparise you with a newby, only try help you, as all can see you have lot of post, i think that can say something, but anyway sorry for disturb you, anyway i belive to know that t28 is not made since 1 year at least, dont think so there is a new flash type for this model.
Old 12-12-2003, 23:03   #5 (permalink)

Member: 44536
Thanks Meter: 0
Cool

It could be your cable. Get a proper T28 datacable. Or make a service cable. After that, search for ATR 5.0 or 5.3 (without security box version) and you should be able to unlock it. No need to rewrite EEPROM. Just use FLASH function with appropriate .sbn file NOT .bin file. My mistake was I wrote the EEPROM using a downloaded .bin file which was not suitable to my model and later flash it with a Asian .sbn file, all the locks got removed but blank screen, phone worked. I later wrote the EEPROM with (luckily) the backup .bin file and flashed the asian.sbn - everything came back and 5 locks removed with full functions. Furthermore my T28s(European) was converted to T28sc(Asean) - with chinese language available. So its the .sbn file we need to FLASH (for lock removal), not the EEPROM .bin file.

I had the same problem (timeout / unable to load...) until I ran program using a Toshiba 133mhz notebook running on Win98se (not Win XP or 2k - cannot recognise comm port or busy comm port with T28 datacable) and changed the T68 cable to a proper T28 datacable. Seller told me T68 cable OK for T28 but not so.
Make sure your comm 1 or 2 port is free and corespondingly selected. Just a checklist .. and I solved my problem similar to yours.

Hope this helps, novice or expert .. no one is too smart including me.
Old 12-24-2003, 20:37   #6 (permalink)

Member: 43989
Thanks Meter: 0
i have same problem, can write eeprom bu cant unlock it. I solved this problem by changing cable.