GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Sony Ericsson > Old Ericsson Phones & Sony Phones

Old Ericsson Phones & Sony Phones ALL Ericsson OR SONY Phones are here, you Can't Find "SonyEricsson" in there. only SONY old phones or Ericsson old Phones.. do we need to say it again :)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2001, 13:34   #1 (permalink)
Major Poster

Member: 1848
Thanks Meter: 0
Exclamation T28s rumor??

I just recently bought a T28 and was told by my cousin that T28 phone gets damaged easilly. according to some of what his friends said some T28 even went dead by itself and without any physical damaged. and it usually happen after about 10 months later. Is this true? He happens to have a T28 until it went dead few month ago and now he got himself a 8850. my T28 is made in malaysia but his was made in sweden. does anyone have any comment about this?? or had a T28 that was broken by itself???

many thanks
Old 01-17-2001, 16:40   #2 (permalink)

Member: 2726
in my experience, Malasia T28 has very bad material... flip on the door worns out very easily, Swedish t28 has better material.

jacques
Old 01-19-2001, 04:30   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 846
Thanks Meter: 31
hi
both phones is the same standart.the problem with t28 is the power module if you change that the phone is going to be alive again
regards
Old 01-19-2001, 15:51   #4 (permalink)
Major Poster

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by robinhood:
hi
both phones is the same standart.the problem with t28 is the power module if you change that the phone is going to be alive again
regards
what do you mean by the power module? can you explain to me? because my cousin told me both his battery and phone are dead when it happens.

Old 01-26-2001, 03:52   #5 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 1041
Yes, that true, is because power module. It overheats and t28 phones has in most cases the same end... Don't turn on any more. The solution is reaplace it. But i have heard that in newer version that problem was corrected. Don't know if is true or not...
Old 01-28-2001, 11:34   #6 (permalink)
Major Poster

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by InKola:
Yes, that true, is because power module. It overheats and t28 phones has in most cases the same end... Don't turn on any more. The solution is reaplace it. But i have heard that in newer version that problem was corrected. Don't know if is true or not...
Do you know how to fix the power module then? because if we post up this problem here it might be able to help other people who might have power failure problem with their T28s. I used to have T28s WORLD (think it's 00w48) it has problem with no reception after just one day of using it, so i guessed mine isn't power failure problem after all.