GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Universalbox

Universalbox Universalbox Official support area

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2007, 16:32   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 7468
Thanks Meter: 2
2 universal box dead

Hi,

I really dont understand this team and the way they work... the know people are having problems with the box and they still insisting in same HW without making nothing to stop with this problem.
my first box i bought on 12/06 and after 2 months box dead and then i order other 02/07 and now this box also dead.
i try in 3 pcs and always same error Device open failed at USB->Universal Box.
what must i do now? send back to resseler and loose money with shipment and lost time waithing for new box to start working again? order a new one and keep this 2 with me until someone decide to release solution for this problem and pray for me 3rd box works at least for 1 year??? or buy other box and loose all my credits that i have on universal box???

Im really desapointed.

Old 11-27-2007, 16:44   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 390642
Sonork: 100.1573430
Thanks Meter: 2,476
First bro if u want to have a UB for a long time use it with Power supply that comes in package and u never will get a UB dead and better pay for shipping and send them to ur reseller or Narry

BR,
Tito Millo

Old 11-27-2007, 17:57   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

my first one i was using with power supply and goes dead...

Old 11-28-2007, 13:02   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Is this you guys call support??? you already reply other threads and you dont have time to reply to me since i have 2 dead boxs... my both box dont have warranty since they have only 6 months warranty.. what must i do now? you guy from support can answer this???

Old 11-28-2007, 13:47   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 177568
Thanks Meter: 146
yeah, box is good but H/W has an issue. The SMCU is always breaking down. within 2 years, I have 3 out of 4 boxes dead. 1 died after 2 wks, 1 died after 13 months and 1 died after 24 months. There is still 1 left and it's abt 7 months old. Just ordered another one from ipmart 2 days ago and hopefully , this 1 has the new h/w and will last longer.

Old 11-28-2007, 19:03   #6 (permalink)

Member: 250818
Thanks Meter: 3
Today and my box i is dead!!!!!
Device open failed
He is 1 year old! What can I say, I must buy the new one. And it would be nice if we have a better support in the future!!! We need update please?

BR

Old 11-28-2007, 21:58   #7 (permalink)

Member: 112521
Thanks Meter: 4
toli

today and my box dead wat to do with that i think to bay other box for nokia to unlock
this is to 2 my box dead

Old 11-28-2007, 23:28   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 9700
Thanks Meter: 62
Hi, I love my UB but I'm agree with u... I was buyed 2 UB because gone dead

It's MCU problem? Ok, UB please start selling programmed MCUs and we will repair our boxes
it's possible that UB Team will earn less money by selling MCUs but they will earn it by logs

it's very bad to know that we buy boxes with limited life

Old 11-29-2007, 18:45   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 60899
Thanks Meter: 792
i got mine to work when i bought it 1st but now after a long time period of not using it, i try again and same issue:
error Device open failed at USB->Universal Box
ub has nice sw but very bad hardware, ub team fix that!

Old 11-29-2007, 21:14   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

bought my box in march 2007, never used it on a phone yet, and i dont mind to buy another one, but 1st ub team must change their hardware, this box go bad just by resting it in the original bubble plastic bag. fix it team! then you you get my money again! u need a new more stable design! when???

Old 11-30-2007, 02:56   #11 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 172399
Thanks Meter: 203
UB Team Must pay Repair and Shipping Process.

Old 11-30-2007, 04:25   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

when will you guys of ub team release good hardware? let me know so I can plan a purchase, with this current box design I will not spend 350 usd again. ub team: what would you do after buying anything lets say car or TV and it dont work? How would you feel? would you want some fix from the company? wouldn't you be angry? would you buy the same TV again?
come on redisign your box electronics, its no good! at least offer some way of repair, my reseller wont takle it back, you guys designed it you should fix it, if not at least let us know when better hardware will be available. Or maybe you fixed it already? let us know!

Old 11-30-2007, 06:13   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 177568
Thanks Meter: 146
Apparently, all the new boxes have new version board with new H/W and according to Uni team, the SMCU problem(Device open fails) has been rectified. There is a thread about it that was posted a few months back.

Old 11-30-2007, 07:30   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 627176
Thanks Meter: 34
total pay 80$+20$ shipping now my box dead,free 4ever but last year box dead ) ub team want money more

Old 11-30-2007, 11:03   #15 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 8879
Sonork: 100.84016
Thanks Meter: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by air07 View Post
Tens or even hundreds peoples buy new boxes again and again. That's a lot of money for UB thiefts team. Would you do anything to fix the problem if you earn so well? There is only one solution - buy SE Tool and other box for Nokia. You'll be better off. And you get CID52 patching for free. UB team is just too lazy and too greedy, that's it.
At last, someone who see's UB team for what they are! Greedy!

Fortunately i have never had troubles with my box, but i have spoken with resellers in my country, and i know 1 has over a dozen boxes that are dead that UB are still making excuses for when he asks for replacements, i mean ffs, its not like they havent got the money to get it sorted is it?

I think UB and all their services should be boycotted cos they give really crap support, today i have seen lots of posts from users, but one reply from UB themselves, other than that they have their other 'product supporters' help out, and no offence to them, but they aren't really worth their salt, cos their is only so much they can say on matters!

Their server is always down, or 'having problems' and they never bother to tell us, its only after users have waited x amount of days that they say 'oh yes, we are having problems, but will be fixed soon'

2 solutions of their still dont work properly, ie dct4 patching is really bad, always makes the phone switch off so many seconds, and asic 11 unlocking always erroring, and i have to keep powering phone on etc etc.

WE waited ages for new update, and then all they release is bb5 ask > rpl, and even then that isnt worknig correctly....

@ UB Team, sort your s.hit out or leave GSM, and do it a bit lively!