GSM-Forum

GSM-Forum (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/)
-   Universalbox (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f305/)
-   -   K608i unlocked ok and then no power... (https://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f305/k608i-unlocked-ok-then-no-power-254517/)

Burnt Cobba 12-10-2005 13:51

K608i unlocked ok and then no power...

hi all

tried this K608i with CID 49. used test point (had some trouble to make test point since it was surrounded with epoxy glue). It was shown that phone colour was RED. (in fact this is silver from 3).. anyway.....

Once cleared the locks , it was asked to repower again... phone then was detected as CID 16. and then test mode was disengaged (according to the log)

Tried to power it up and no power.

Tried to communicate again with phone it reacts ok but stops when sending boot loader.

Is this a hardware or software problem pls? need some guidance asap pls.

thanks for any help
al

Amir-SkillZ 12-10-2005 13:58

Try Again Changing CID color to RED and Then Unlock If still not...
Flash with k600 flash ........Hope It Works

essojay 12-10-2005 19:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnt Cobba
hi all

tried this K608i with CID 49. used test point (had some trouble to make test point since it was surrounded with epoxy glue). It was shown that phone colour was RED. (in fact this is silver from 3).. anyway.....

Once cleared the locks , it was asked to repower again... phone then was detected as CID 16. and then test mode was disengaged (according to the log)

Tried to power it up and no power.

Tried to communicate again with phone it reacts ok but stops when sending boot loader.

Is this a hardware or software problem pls? need some guidance asap pls.

thanks for any help
al

you ve tampered the testpoint area i guess ... you need to check the resistor very well or remove it completely and joint the point directly..

bR

Burnt Cobba 12-11-2005 15:16

can i remove resistor compeltely and instead short the 2 points directly?

i dont know the value of the resistor also :(

i had problems since the area was imersed in epoxy glue.

thanks for the help
al

Zaihtam 12-12-2005 11:45

you just need to short the TP to the ground only, after the phone is detected you must disconnect the TP.

essojay 12-12-2005 13:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burnt Cobba
can i remove resistor compeltely and instead short the 2 points directly?

i dont know the value of the resistor also :(

i had problems since the area was imersed in epoxy glue.

thanks for the help
al

yes, you can do that,...

bR

Burnt Cobba 12-15-2005 09:54

problem solved phewww

as essojay suggested the resistor part had dislodged slightly from the track. had to connect the track and solder it back to the resistor section. If anyone has such a problem just plug in the charger. If the red light does not show up then the track has been damaged.

thanks essojay
al