GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Saras Boxes > HWK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2006, 06:12   #1 (permalink)

Member: 243941
Thanks Meter: 9
Attention to UFS SUite installer maker!!!!!

First at all thanks for making the installer ..

but there is some request changes on your installer registry for UFS_DCTxBB5 hopefully you can full fill this request so that easy for user to run others flasher in same pc

If possible that make the products folder on original phoenix folder not on sarassoft folder? with this we can save lot of space for placing flash file.
Mean we need to install on 2 folder of each flash file this will eat a lot of HDD space..if we want to install JAF,MT-Box and UFS together in same pc

for example if customer are using the JAF or MT-box or others nokia flasher box the can install on same pc and when the flash phone they use the same products folder which in phoenix folder , but if using the UFS_DCTxBB5 it need to select from his own directory which the product folder from sarassoft folder.

the Main software is remain same folder and just need the products folder can be sahre wiht the original phoenix products folder.

(Since JAF and MT-Box they can do it on their own folder and sharing the flash file on phoenix/products folder.)

if possible you can make the registry fixed for ufs suite to change the flash file from C:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\UFS_DCTxBB5\Products to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\products

Thanks For read this message...

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to *GSM-TEAM* For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 10-08-2006, 06:28   #2 (permalink)

Example on my pc have install Original Phoenix and the flash file is locate on this folder

C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\products

when run the UFS_DCTxBB5 and select the flash file from

C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\products it popup error message as the picture attach.

and i need to create the folder on C:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\UFS_DCTxBB5\Products and copy the flash file from C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\products to C:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\UFS_DCTxBB5\Products in order to flash the phones , and this mean i need to place same file in diffrent folder and also now a days the file not small but very BIG....

thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg error.jpg (20.3 KB, 1097 views)

The Following User Says Thank You to *GSM-TEAM* For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2006, 07:50   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 172261
Thanks Meter: 364
new to UFS/HWK???

actually you can install you own folder anyway... no matter
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\products or
C:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\UFS_DCTxBB5\Products...

mine into in
D:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\DCTxBB5\Products

when install just click "custom" then you can install at anyway...

Old 10-08-2006, 08:11   #4 (permalink)

maybe i am new as you say hope you can help to make me more understand..

or maybe you not or miss read my words

what i mean is , i just want the products folder is sharing with original phoenix/products folder and the others folders like FLASH is remain same folder C:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\UFS_DCTxBB5\FLASH

this is to avoid the fia file is mixed

coz the FLASH folder of sarassoft is contain the DCT3& DCT4 FIA& TIA file.

if as you say i know about that..

to make more understand you try this way then you will know the result what i mean

1.install any one either JAF or MT-box
2.install ufs suite
3.install any phoenix flash file and install to the folder
( C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix )
4.then flash the phone use MT-box or JAF it will be perfect
5.If you flash with UFS the result u will know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFSx-3 View Post
new to UFS/HWK???

actually you can install you own folder anyway... no matter
C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\products or
C:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\UFS_DCTxBB5\Products...

mine into in
D:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\DCTxBB5\Products

when install just click "custom" then you can install at anyway...

Old 10-08-2006, 08:37   #5 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 172261
Thanks Meter: 364
your error message show
C:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\UFS_DCTxBB5\Products\Rm-56\rm56b5003.69.bin

means your ufs suite have install to C:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\UFS_DCTxBB5 and your flashes not inside C:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\UFS_DCTxBB5\Products

you want all flashes get from C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products

just uninstall the ufs suite and install at C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix (in custom mode)

with this you dont need copy the flashes for mt box/jaf C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products to C:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\UFS_DCTxBB5\Products

or you can browse to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products manually each time you install data package for nokia files

i dont have JAF or MT box but i use phoenix 2006 (drive C) and HWK (drive D)
also can use same file in D:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\DCTxBB5\Products

Old 10-08-2006, 08:49   #6 (permalink)

OF COZ I KNOW INSTALL USING CUSTOM SETTING BY CHANGE IT TO THE DIRECTORY BUT THE FLASH FOLDER WILL BE INSTALL TO THE FOLDER OF THE PHOENIX AND WILL OVERWRITE THE ORIGINAL FLASH FOLDER..SO I DON'T WANT THIS TO BE .

SINCE THE PERSON WHO MAKE THIS INSTALLER I HIPE THAT HE CAN READ THIS THREAD AND HE WILL UNDERSTAND THIS PROBLEM.

ANY WAY THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY..

IF YOU HAVE JAF OT MT-BOX THEN YOU WILL GET THE RESULT

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFSx-3 View Post
your error message show
C:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\UFS_DCTxBB5\Products\Rm-56\rm56b5003.69.bin

(YES)

means your ufs suite have install to C:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\UFS_DCTxBB5 and your flashes not inside C:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\UFS_DCTxBB5\Products

(YES)

you want all flashes get from C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products

(YES)

just uninstall the ufs suite and install at C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix (in custom mode)

with this you dont need copy the flashes for mt box/jaf C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products to C:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\UFS_DCTxBB5\Products

or you can browse to C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products manually each time you install data package for nokia files

i dont have JAF or MT box but i use phoenix 2006 (drive C) and HWK (drive D)
also can use same file in D:\Program Files\SarasSoft\UFS\DCTxBB5\Products

Old 10-08-2006, 09:04   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 37735
Sonork: 100.103255
Thanks Meter: 205
Donate money to this user
In my Case, Phoenix,UFS,Griffin use same Directory.The default for Phoenix.All my flashes are in C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products

Old 10-08-2006, 09:20   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 75392
Sonork: 100.81199
Thanks Meter: 136
For JAF is no matter where the flashes ar installed, just have to be in the Phoenix directory. Than you can choose from the DCT4 tab the path to the "products " directory. Jaf is using it's own loaders, not the ones located in the phoenix directory.
The UFSX_BB5.exe and releated files can be copied itn the phoenix directory, and than will work without problem. You don't have to uninstall the whole Suite, and install it again in custom mode, just copy the nokia part of UFS in the phoenix folder. That's all.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:43   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 4042
Thanks Meter: 24,043
@*GSM-TEAM*

I fully understand what you are saying BUT its not just a question of changing the installer, the EXE only looks in <CURRENTDIR>\Products and is the same for Flash and the other folders which are used by DCTxBB5.

I understand some possible conflicts come from the approach, but you can work around them if you take your time, I have been asking Saras since the product was first written for changes to allow directory independant but as you can gather its not been done, if its a question of priority then I guess you understand this is very low.

Odia.

Old 10-08-2006, 15:12   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 75392
Sonork: 100.81199
Thanks Meter: 136
True. In other words, all that is matter than UFSx_bb5 and the Products directory ( where all your installed flashes are located) to be in the same directory, with the afferent dirs like fia loaders etc.
I had to change default path long time ago for securuty reasons, and I use a crypted partition for all the GSM stuff, to live my OS clean, my products dir is in the "E:\GSM\Nokia\phenix\products" dir and it works without problems.

Old 10-16-2006, 15:37   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Thumbs up

@*GSM-TEAM* or anyone else interested,

Saras has now decided to address this issue and I can say from the beta I have tested, I am very happy with the result, of cause the installer will be changed to support the new features.

DCTxBB5 is now semi-directory independant, all the SarasSoft specific files need to be in the installed location, but flash files and flash loaders can be in another location, since Saras has added the paths to be read from registry keys.

At the moment the flash loaders are read from the following registry keys:-
DCT4 HKLM\SOFTWARE\SarasSoft\UFS3\DCTxBB5\FIA Path
DCT3 HKLM\SOFTWARE\SarasSoft\UFS3\DCTxBB5\TIA Path
BB5 HKLM\SOFTWARE\SarasSoft\UFS3\DCTxBB5\FG Path

These are set by the installer to where the product was installed

The Products (Data Packages - Flash Files) are read from:-
Install Path
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Nokia\DataPackage
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Nokia\DataPackages
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Nokia Mobile Phones\TSSShared\Common\DataPackage
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Nokia Mobile Phones\TSSShared\Common\InstPath

The installer will set 4 & 5 to where the product was installed - IF THEY DONT EXIST

You are also now able to open the files from any location and flash without error.

So from a normal user point of view nothing will change for using the product, but more advanced/power users have the possiblity to put the products directory anywhere.

Odia.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Odia The Ultimate For This Useful Post:
Show/Hide list of the thanked
Old 10-20-2006, 15:55   #12 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 115864
Thanks Meter: 8
@Odia

Is it possible to make a tab in DCTxBB5 to change product dir manually(like JAF) ?.

Old 10-20-2006, 16:10   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by uppwd2 View Post
@Odia

Is it possible to make a tab in DCTxBB5 to change product dir manually(like JAF) ?.
Sure its possible, but why is it needed now?

you have 5 places to store products and 4 of them you can change in the registry, I am sure this is enough control?

Odia.

The Following User Says Thank You to Odia The Ultimate For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2006, 00:03   #14 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 11604
Thanks Meter: 7
@Odia

This is second time I ask you about product folder allocation!!! And I am becoming angry!!!

Would you please stop playing with this???

I prefer to have all data packs installed in *:\program files\nokia\phoenix\product\ folder, be aware ALL! But after this update, DCT-3 files are no longer searched there by the sw, instead they are required to be in *:\wintesla folder!!! Even if I change the ini file and dct-3 path there sw still shows me error!!!

Your answer???

Old 10-25-2006, 10:37   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDaMrAz View Post
@Odia

This is second time I ask you about product folder allocation!!! And I am becoming angry!!!

Would you please stop playing with this???

I prefer to have all data packs installed in *:\program files\nokia\phoenix\product\ folder, be aware ALL! But after this update, DCT-3 files are no longer searched there by the sw, instead they are required to be in *:\wintesla folder!!! Even if I change the ini file and dct-3 path there sw still shows me error!!!

Your answer???
@DeDaMrAz,

I would just like to point out that you are not the only person using this software and we have to go with the majority ...

The main reason this was changed is because N0k1a have now decided to start installing data packages to \Program Files\Common Files\Nokia\DataPackage, this is RM-178 and RM-199 at the moment, but for sure more will come, so we needed a way to resolve this, as 80% of users will just accept the default.

Other areas were also changed to try and follow N0k1a's un-written rules ...

If you want to store all your data packages in \program files\nokia\phoenix\products\ then set the following registry key to:-

HKLM\SOFTWARE\SarasSoft\UFS3\DCTxBB5\Tesla Path = X:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products\

and your problem will be solved.

Odia.

The Following User Says Thank You to Odia The Ultimate For This Useful Post: