GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > Saras Boxes > HWK

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2005, 20:50   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 136598
Thanks Meter: 3
question about updates on HWk?

hi, i was recently planning on purchaseing SEtool but now hwk was released and im left with a decision to either buy hwk or setool, my eyes are on setool at the moment because im left with questions such as if new se phones are released will hwk add these new phones to the software or will they take forever if i buy setool im garenteed an update because they are sole software and dont work with saras.

can someone confirm hwk will recieve updated i dont want to buy hwk and find out new seohone out and i cant use hwk.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:38   #2 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 6328
Thanks Meter: 3,595
OK, Confirmed.

OF COURSE it will get updates, and not only SonyEricsson, but Samsung, Nokia too.

regards,
Gobi

Old 07-24-2005, 00:04   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 21937
Thanks Meter: 279
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobi
OK, Confirmed.

OF COURSE it will get updates, and not only SonyEricsson, but Samsung, Nokia too.

regards,
Gobi
hmmm
this is my conflict as well .... i was about to order setool3
now i see HWK , very nice .... but , let say D500 , its look like twister is not going to add this without HWK ?
new nokia ? only with HWK ? bb5 ??
well im all confused .....

Old 07-24-2005, 13:47   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 136598
Thanks Meter: 3
the d500 is not really an issue as most people just purchased the serial lead which did the trick and was only a few dollers.

the issue is i dont want to make the wrong decision now im left with 3 investments and one decision
-buy jaff +dct4 imei +cheap right now +bb5 +aimed at nokia so updates wont be problem. the negative being you can still make the wrong choice.

hwk +does se +does some samsung (not really usefull in my opinion) +lg and sharp
. negative being setool will do everythin hwk does right now except samsung which is not big issue as said because of serial lead availability. the biggest - being that odia and raskal are fighting and we dont know if hwk is just going to fall to the ground and the money being eaten we dont know if they will update the software to se phones.
it sais on FAQ updates will be free according to the type of update if its big update it will $$$.

setool +its standalone software so you know u get updates +works with twister and does lg and sharp support -wont contribute to the fact of bb5 if hwk decides to support it.

Basicly people are left with a hard decision especially ones that already own SEtool i dont own setool and was saving to buy it and have money for it but then hwk happened and the arguments happened i think best buy will prob be jaf right now or setool as long as ur garnteed support nothing else matters.

Old 07-24-2005, 19:44   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 3097
Thanks Meter: 30

Last edited by Mobileman_hu; 07-24-2005 at 19:46. Reason: wrong topic

Old 07-24-2005, 19:48   #6 (permalink)
Cheater -Don't Deal with him-

Member: 8879
Sonork: 100.84016
Thanks Meter: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by eblaster101
the d500 is not really an issue as most people just purchased the serial lead which did the trick and was only a few dollers.

the issue is i dont want to make the wrong decision now im left with 3 investments and one decision
-buy jaff +dct4 imei +cheap right now +bb5 +aimed at nokia so updates wont be problem. the negative being you can still make the wrong choice.

hwk +does se +does some samsung (not really usefull in my opinion) +lg and sharp
. negative being setool will do everythin hwk does right now except samsung which is not big issue as said because of serial lead availability. the biggest - being that odia and raskal are fighting and we dont know if hwk is just going to fall to the ground and the money being eaten we dont know if they will update the software to se phones.
it sais on FAQ updates will be free according to the type of update if its big update it will $$$.

setool +its standalone software so you know u get updates +works with twister and does lg and sharp support -wont contribute to the fact of bb5 if hwk decides to support it.

Basicly people are left with a hard decision especially ones that already own SEtool i dont own setool and was saving to buy it and have money for it but then hwk happened and the arguments happened i think best buy will prob be jaf right now or setool as long as ur garnteed support nothing else matters.
Best buy for you my learned friend would be Jaf, with Add-ons, for LESS than the out of date HWK which doesnt support all the models it claims it does

Old 07-25-2005, 21:41   #7 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 44158
Sonork: 100.64344
Thanks Meter: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Rawlinson
Best buy for you my learned friend would be Jaf, with Add-ons, for LESS than the out of date HWK which doesnt support all the models it claims it does

Hi,

Just wait for few days and u will see every body buying HWK

Wait and Watch, hot updates are on the way

BR.

Old 07-25-2005, 22:47   #8 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 53791
Thanks Meter: 17
@Honey

If there are hot features on the way, why not announce them, if they are really as hot as you say it might stop someone from spending money on raskal's products and buying the HWK..

I really doubt that they will be THAT hot that most users will scramble to get to the store to buy..

Maybe the reason they wait with these feature's release is that they actually want the software to support the hardware before they announce it..

Twisterfan

Old 07-25-2005, 23:01   #9 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 133436
Sonork: 100.1577364
Thanks Meter: 191
in my point of view although HWK is a good product of up coming models but as every one knows Good Product launched at Wrong Time or u can say "Its Too Late" market is already taken By SETools & Cruiser now the next thing is that buying the HWK depends what are HOT updates as compare with SETools & Cruiser and one more thing who is able to UNLOCK BB5 first who ever got this first will be 100% in market.BB5 is only the HOT issue now a dayz nothing else i think..

take care

Old 07-25-2005, 23:29   #10 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 44158
Sonork: 100.64344
Thanks Meter: 143
Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterfan
@Honey

If there are hot features on the way, why not announce them, if they are really as hot as you say it might stop someone from spending money on raskal's products and buying the HWK..

I really doubt that they will be THAT hot that most users will scramble to get to the store to buy..

Maybe the reason they wait with these feature's release is that they actually want the software to support the hardware before they announce it..

Twisterfan

Must Respect Saras Work.

You are TwisterFan in which software was SarasSoft, u became fan continue supporting Saras u will get Good Updates 100%

BR.

Old 07-26-2005, 07:10   #11 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONEY
Must Respect Saras Work.

You are TwisterFan in which software was SarasSoft, u became fan continue supporting Saras u will get Good Updates 100%
BR.
I am not going to buy anything just because you (who are you actually ?) say that in future will be hot updates..

I have SETool and as such does not HAVE to buy anything, i can wait until the time where these new features would be released. Seems that the price for HWK is dropping fast these days so it might even be a good idea in all cases to wait a couple of weeks before even considering buying anything....Especially if we cannot even get a hint on what MIGHT be around the corner..

Twisterfan

Old 07-26-2005, 14:10   #12 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 4042
Thanks Meter: 24,043
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisterfan
Especially if we cannot even get a hint on what MIGHT be around the corner..
Saras is working around the clock on BB5 with the help of a very dear friend of our team.

What the features will be at the moment we cannot say, but already Saras has had some very nice sucess.

I hope to give you all a better idea of what will be in a week or so.

Odia.

Old 07-26-2005, 14:14   #13 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odia The Ultimate
Saras is working around the clock on BB5 with the help of a very dear friend of our team.

What the features will be at the moment we cannot say, but already Saras has had some very nice sucess.

Odia.
BB5 flashing only or also unlocking.. (If he is not going to do unlocking you can tell it here, i think noone will expect that...On the other side if he will be doing unlocking it would be a real nice feature.)

Twisterfan

Old 07-26-2005, 14:29   #14 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 307549
Thanks Meter: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odia The Ultimate

Odia.

HI mate that is good to hear, but i'm sure i read some were that the BB5 is going to be another paid update? is that right Odia?

Old 07-26-2005, 16:19   #15 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 4042
Thanks Meter: 24,043
@twisterfan,

At the moment I cannot say if BB5 unlocking will be included, will give more details as they are available.

@mark845,

Its not been decided if BB5 will be a paid update or not, but 100% the HWK will be at least required.

Odia.