GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Product Support Sections > No More Supported Solutions (Dead Products) > No More Supported H/W Products > SAGEM JTAG UNLOCKER

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 22:36   #1 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 11325
Thanks Meter: 266
Question myC5-3 unlocking .... test point picture... and setup??

hi all

i know this topic has been discussed ... and there are possibly a 1001 threads (if not more) but have a small problem with this one which i need to clear.

First on support there are the TP-RJ45.jpg and the myC5-2V.jpg for test points. Now how is it that in the TP-RJ45.ipg there are mentioned 2,3,6 and 7 while on the other picture there are 2,3,7, and 8. Which is the correct one pls?

Secondly i am trying to connect via dongle and credits (checked MCU)... inserted the RJ45 in the dongle and the usb cable in the usb port of the laptop (i do not have the dual cable (RJ45 +usb) for sagdd as shown in the pdf help file). Can i use this setup pls or am i doing some **** up here? Believe this setup cannot work as Sagdd is trying to use its RJ45 port. Is there any way i can use my 4 in 1 usb cable to unlock this thing?

Thanks for any help
Old 10-14-2009, 09:19   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 68827
Thanks Meter: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Cobba View Post
hi all

i know this topic has been discussed ... and there are possibly a 1001 threads (if not more) but have a small problem with this one which i need to clear.

First on support there are the TP-RJ45.jpg and the myC5-2V.jpg for test points. Now how is it that in the TP-RJ45.ipg there are mentioned 2,3,6 and 7 while on the other picture there are 2,3,7, and 8. Which is the correct one pls?

Secondly i am trying to connect via dongle and credits (checked MCU)... inserted the RJ45 in the dongle and the usb cable in the usb port of the laptop (i do not have the dual cable (RJ45 +usb) for sagdd as shown in the pdf help file). Can i use this setup pls or am i doing some **** up here? Believe this setup cannot work as Sagdd is trying to use its RJ45 port. Is there any way i can use my 4 in 1 usb cable to unlock this thing?

Thanks for any help

QUESTION 1: you see only 2 picture and you forget to see the 3rd picture (cables_metal_box_V1.0.gif) you will understand everything. ther's no mistakes in tp pictures...
the first 2,3 6and 7 it's for the box RJ45 and the other one 2,3 and 7,8 it's for RJ45 of TP adaptator.

QUESTION 2: i don't understand your writing but you can use your 4in1 cable whitch come with your box.

good luck.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:34   #3 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Thanks for the reply mate.

Ok let me explain better. In support there is this picture : TPRJ45 which is using 2,3,6 and 7. In the cables_metal_box_V1.0 there is also reference to these same numbers. That is all ok. Now if we refer to the picture of the test points named MyC5_2v_TP.jpg we can see the points 2,3, 7 and 8. Which is the correct one pls?

now for the 2nd point. This phone needs Test points for unlocking (checked the MCU). How can i use the RJ45 and USB together to unlock? I cannot understand that. I was of the idea that i needed an RJ45 that splits up into the test point for the JIG and the one for the data port.

thanks again for any help
Old 10-14-2009, 11:37   #4 (permalink)
No Life Poster

Member: 12837
Thanks Meter: 2,740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Cobba View Post
Thanks for the reply mate.

Ok let me explain better. In support there is this picture : TPRJ45 which is using 2,3,6 and 7. In the cables_metal_box_V1.0 there is also reference to these same numbers. That is all ok. Now if we refer to the picture of the test points named MyC5_2v_TP.jpg we can see the points 2,3, 7 and 8. Which is the correct one pls?

now for the 2nd point. This phone needs Test points for unlocking (checked the MCU). How can i use the RJ45 and USB together to unlock? I cannot understand that. I was of the idea that i needed an RJ45 that splits up into the test point for the JIG and the one for the data port.

thanks again for any help
Ok, lets try to explain you...

On the TP pictures you have 4 wires with names DB9.2 (White) DB9.3(Green) DB9.7(Yellow) and DB9.8(Brown)

DB9 means Connector Canon DB9 - used in SagDD box plastic version

For customers which have got box in metallic version you must take a look on file TP_RJ45.jpg from support area, and preform connection between wires with same color on TP and RJ45 pictures.
The Following User Says Thank You to Oxo_Boxo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2009, 12:10   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Member: 68827
Thanks Meter: 125
you make a big confusion.
take a look at the picture and designations and you will understand.

you thought that DB9.2 means pin 2 in TP RJ45.
The Following User Says Thank You to ghosthacker For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2009, 13:46   #6 (permalink)
No Life Poster

oh **** now i understand.... sorry guys did not know the plastic version was "that" different from the metal one. No wonder it wont connect at all.

thanks for the help mates