GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > Siemens-Benq Flash Patching

Siemens-Benq Flash Patching All about Flash patching/patches and Flash Modifications we can get it from here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2003, 19:19   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 24095
Thanks Meter: 0
Just Another Idea... (about faster sms read)

When we insert the mmc to the phone, the folder "addressbook" becomes hidden even if it was not hidden before. Does anyone know how can we stop the phone from making this folder hidden? If we can "see" and manage this folder with the card explorer then we will be able to move it in another folder so that the phone could not "see" it. But when we need a number from the addressbook (stored in mmc), we just move the folder with card-explorer to its original position. In that way we can have the numbers we want stored in sim card and we can also use the huge addressbook from mmc only when we need it It's like turning on and off the addressbook(stored in mmc) only and this is a solution to make the phone read the sms faster and at the same time have thousands of numbers stored in mmc.

P.S. I don't know if this idea has been posted before. In my opinion it's the best solution to the "faster sms" problem. ThanX to all of you in advance and please think about it a little bit more...

Last edited by zalaros; 05-09-2003 at 19:41.

Old 05-10-2003, 14:50   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 24687
Thanks Meter: 1
Throught IrDa with help of Siemens Mobile explorer i remove "Hidden" atributes from the folder "Address book" and from all files in it. And in Card-Explorer i can see all of it...
But when i turned phone OFF then ON this folder disappear again

Old 05-10-2003, 19:23   #3 (permalink)
Freak Poster

What you said is correct BUT i realised that actually the problem is this: when the mmc is in the phone you can't rename or move anything from the folder "address book" and also you can't copy anything into this folder (of course after you have removed the hidden attributes). Even if it is not "read only" before you put the mmc in the phone, it becomes "read only" as soon as you put the mmc in. I guess that only the "patchers" can at least tell us if something can be done about this.

@ all patchers and not only...
Tell us at least if this can be changed or not. ThanX

Old 05-11-2003, 16:06   #4 (permalink)

Member: 22131
This is not because the file is read-only, but because it's in
use. You can rename the Address book folder and then copy your
new Address book to the mmc. But the phone needs to be swithced
off-then-on to re-read new files.

Old 05-11-2003, 16:36   #5 (permalink)
Freak Poster

No need to do that my friend because Riza has made the patch that makes the phone read the sms faster. ThanX for your reply anyway