GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > GSM & CDMA Phones / Tablets Software & Hardware Area > Various > Siemens-Benq > All Siemens and Benq Manufactured Phones > x1x to x45/x50

x1x to x45/x50 All Siemens mobile starting from S6, S10, ... up to C45, S45, ME45, SL42, SL45(i), A50, CL50, M50, MT50.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2002, 20:25   #1 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 15820
Thanks Meter: 0
ME45 - ME45i SUMMARY

Hi everyone. I decide to write some summary of all this about this changing ME45 or S45 to ME45i and S45i.

First of all I would like to THANK one more time to SkyLord who did this GREAT job and all things I will say, I'll say iy only for those who didn't do that yet and having a second thought and becose of me to solve some problems.

OK, lets start. First I did upgrade from ME45 to ME45i so that I took this already created flash, made by SkyLord, and it worked GREAT so I thought there is no reason for doing this second way with manual changing flash in some hex editor. Than, after some time I figure out that e-mail client, which is main reason I did this thing at all, doesn't work. Whatever I configure it says first CONNECTING and than THERE IS NO ANSWER FROM NET. Point is that if phone standing near the some speaker, there is no any kind of sound from the speaker, as like SMS sending or making or receiveng a call. That's why I'm start to thinkig that this thing doesn;t work at all

Than I thought maybe it is because I have using flash SkyLord already made and maybe for example this flash doesn;t support driver for modem of my phone or soemthing like that so I thought, maybe I should do that second, manual way. Coclusion of that way is that

THIS JUST AND SIMPLE DOESN'T WORK

Why?

That's because I tried this things. I'll describe one by one thing

Quote:
1. Make full backup of your phone.
I did that.

Quote:
2. Flash your phone with v03 or v04 firmware using winswup. Phone will be dead it's ok.
I did that AND I tried twice with BOTH of this flash because I did first with V04 and than after this isn't work I tried it also with V03.

Quote:
3. Flash S45i EEPROMS to your phone first one at adress 1F0000 size 10000 second 5F0000
and the same size.
I did that too but I am not sure that this is good explanation because link for full both FLASH+EEPROM is V04 and I don't know if this EEP could be used if someone doing that with V03, but did that with both flash files nad effect is the same

Quote:
4. Read full flash 6MB from phone.
Did that

Quote:
5. Now take hexeditor and change the following:
I did that with both firmware V03 and V04, so I'll tell only about one because of long post

Quote:
---------------------------------------------------------------
for S45i v03 firmware

first crc check

298AAE: DA to CC
298AAF: CC to 00
298AB0: 88 to CC
298AB1: FF to 00
Before doing that second CRC check I saved flash file, exit editor and than enter flash again and continue to next step. Is this OK?

[quote]second crc check
2DB708: 2D to 0D

now depending what kind of phone you have change the following

if you have S45
2CADB4: 76 to CC
2CADB5: 50 to 00
2CADB6: 80 to CC
2CADB7: 00 to 00

if you have ME45
2CADAC: 76 to CC
2CADAD: 50 to 00
2CADAE: 00 to CC
2CADAF: 10 to 00

Netmonitor activation
2A9124: 2D to 0D
----------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
6. Write changed full flash to phone.
Should it has to been done CRC CHECK here again?

Quote:
7. Update IMEI in your phone real IMEI it is changed by s45i eeproms.
This is where problem starts. I have been using this SM45Toolsv12 for writing flash, making backup and also for writing IMEI. After doing this with already changed flash file made by SkyLord, I did that writing of IMEI with this same software with NO PROBLEMS, but after doing this thing manually when choose READ PHONE in IMEI section, which has to be done so that new IMEI can be wrote and than choosed UNLOCK, there is a message WRONG EEPROM with folowing beep made by phone Phone is normally dead and can't be turned on.

SO, main thing is that after doing that phone CAN'T be READ and that's why it is not possible to write old IMEI and maybe this is also and the mail reason this won't work at all.

I hope this wasn't to long and boring for you to read but I think this someone could help me what to do next with some advice and also this could help people whose having a second thoughts.